Photography (15 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Have you thought about a fixed focal lenght before?

If you run through your pics, at what focal lenght are most of your pics taken at? If you use wideangle often, the manual lenses of Samyang are great. You should look into some chinese companies like 7 Artisans as well. They are good too, not only for the money.

Other then that, I can't help much, I'm not up to date with lenses for Sony anymore :p

For portraits the sony 50mm 1.8 is quite cheap though iirc. The Viltrox lenses are great as well, they too come with E-Mount iirc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I rarely, if ever, zoom on my kit lens. Usually I would prefer to have even wider than 16mm. Maybe that would be a good idea - get the side sigma and play around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How much of a hassle is manual focus? Honestly :biggrin:
On wideangle? Zero.

If you use it for buildings and shit you probably stop it down to 5.6 or even more. Just focus to infinity and the entire frame is sharp.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw if you want a wider one, Sooooo many people use the Samyang 12mm 2.0.
It goes for like €290. I'd really look into getting a manual one for wideangle.

You save so much money because autofocus really isn't needed at that focal lenght imo. You'd get used to it quick.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Hopefully manual focus works out for you :p

But it's easier than you'd think with the focus peaking feature on modern mirrorless cameras. You should get used to it rather quick.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
@DAiDEViL which lens would you recommend for street distance photography? What's your budget recommendation
Meh, first I gotta say I'm not all THAT familiar with lenses for Canon ef mount. So not quite sure what all exists out there.

But that's always a personal preference thing anyway and comes down to what you like to shoot.

Maybe look around for cheap EF zoom lenses?

i mean, biggest advantage you have with your system is that there are tons of lenses out there, since the EF mount has been around forever.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Did you get your lenses? :p @Nzoric
I got them and only had time to test them for a few minutes before putting them away.

The feature that I looked at online, before purchasing, doesn't seem to work. It disables all focus help when I put on the lens, including the feature I thought I'd use.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I got them and only had time to test them for a few minutes before putting them away.

The feature that I looked at online, before purchasing, doesn't seem to work. It disables all focus help when I put on the lens, including the feature I thought I'd use.
Hmmm...Focus peaking and magnification still are going to work. What else did you want to use?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Hmmm...Focus peaking and magnification still are going to work. What else did you want to use?
I forgot what its called, but a video I saw had some sort white lines going over the objects in focus. Can't locate it on my camera, but I've only tried for 15min. :biggrin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)