Philipp Lahm (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2004
Lahm allows deadline to pass

Jan Schlaudraff’s switch to Hanover 96 was sealed on Tuesday, will likely depend on whether other players choose to try their luck elsewhere or decline new contracts. That is the present situation with Philipp Lahm, where the club has withdrawn its offer of an extension to his current deal, which expires on 30 June 2009.

”Unfortunately, we couldn’t agree on a contract extension. Philipp didn’t want to make a decision at the moment, so the talks ended without an agreement,” reported Rummenigge, although a deal at a later date has not been ruled out. “But we set a deadline and it passed. We made him what we considered an excellent and fair offer, but Phillip doesn’t want to accept it at the moment. We have to accept that. It was a joint decision, and we’ll see what the future holds.“

No hurry

Rummenigge emphasised that Bayern were keen to hold contract talks soon “especially with the younger players, in the hope we can find fair solutions. We have a few players out of contract in 2009.“ The group includes Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Christian Lell and Mark van Bommel, although Rummenigge feels there is no time pressure: “We’ll come to it all in good time.“

fcbayern.t-com.de

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ok this is becoming too tempting, I have to write down a formation

Buffon
Lahm Zapata Chiellini Grosso
Camoranesi Sissoko Lucho
Giovinco
Trezeguet Del Piero​

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
settle down... Ive said it many a time on here that both he and De Ceglie would solve both our short term and long term LB problem
No, you settle down. I was only joking. But seriously now, Grosso taking over Birindelli's jersey would be awesome.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
No, you settle down. I was only joking. But seriously now, Grosso taking over Birindelli's jersey would be awesome.
Lol sorry, i guess Andy has gotten to me ahah.. Whats the deal with Birindelli anyway? Looks like he won't renew so Serie B is coming for him?

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #93
    Lahm To Barcelona A Done Deal?

The transfer of Bayern Munich full back Philipp Lahm to Barcelona is almost a done deal according to reports in the Spanish press.

The Spanish sports paper 'As:tdown: has reported that the defender has come to agreement with the Catalan giants over a four year contract.

What is unclear though is whether the 24 year old will join this summer for a fee, or arrive next summer on a free transfer.

“Philipp Lahm has a contract with us until 2009 and I believe that he will fulfil it” commented Bayern Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

The German club recently withdrew their offer of an extension to the international’s contract after his demands were deemed to high. Lahm looks set to be a direct replacement for Gianluca Zambrotta, who is poised to return to his homeland, probably with AC Milan.

Even though Bayern manager Uli Hoeneß explained that the club’s decision to withdraw the contract offer didn’t mean the door was closed on Lahm, the player admitted in an interview with 'Stern’ that his mind was made up.

“My decision is set. My career plan means that one day I will leave FC Bayern and not just when I have reached my peak” he said.

“For me the logical step is play abroad.”

goal.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Ok this is becoming too tempting, I have to write down a formation

Buffon
    Lahm Zapata Chiellini Grosso
    Camoranesi Sissoko Lucho
    Giovinco
    Trezeguet Del Piero​
    Move Giovinco to the left. He is more useful down the flank than Lucho. A big strength of Lucho is powering down the middle and getting into good positions.

Other than that I like it, although we'll never sign Zapata, Grosso AND Lahm. Two of them tops, perhaps not even one of them.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Move Giovinco to the left. He is more useful down the flank than Lucho. A big strength of Lucho is powering down the middle and getting into good positions.

Other than that I like it, although we'll never sign Zapata, Grosso AND Lahm. Two of them tops, perhaps not even one of them.
    I'll be happy with Grosso.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
    Jul 21, 2006
    can't possibly get Lahm...too many sharks in the sea...Grosso would be great
    Exactly, the amount of interest for Lahm from all sorts of clubs would be out of this world, I would be rly happy to sign Grosso tho, he's a good player and i dont believe he is past it yet like some others seem to believe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)