Pepe (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I wouldnt complain too much about this transfer, his prooven to be a decent defender at porto and with our ageing defense a 23 year old sounds about right. Hope he wouldnt cost much. Ive seen him play a few times for FC porto, the first and formost was against rangers where he scored two goals in the UCL. Also seen him play against benfica and Inter. Whilst we are going for him, It would be nice if we can get Quaresma and if possible Diego Ribas too.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Pepe has been a quiet bright spot among European defenders this past season. If I were to pick the top defenders in the Portuguese SuperLiga this season, he'd come around third, following Anderson and Luisão (both from Benfica, and all three coincidentally Brazilian) and ahead of Sporting's Tonel.

The thing to note about Pepe is that Porto plays with only three fullbacks. The guy is incredibly fast -- some say perhaps the fastest defender in the world -- as he often helps make it look like there are four defenders back there. But he's quite young and capable of bone-headed errors that young players make.

There's a lot of potential there -- and given his age, this makes me think this is just a story without substance or, at best, he'll be acquired to be loaned out.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I'd pick Barzagli simply because he plays in serie A and does the job. Pepe looks to much like a mix of Ismael and Zebina. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Barzagli would be less of a risk. Pepe is riskier but could potentially have more upside. So I'd go with Barzagli at the moment.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
swag said:
Barzagli would be less of a risk. Pepe is riskier but could potentially have more upside. So I'd go with Barzagli at the moment.
Barzagli is also a risk, he could be the next Legrottaglie/Ferrari.

Jul 28, 2002
Does pepe have a EU passport? If so id go Pepe, purely in the fact he could turn out to be godlike thanks to his trunk load of pace.

Barzagli on the other hand hasnt been convincing this year....but i would still love for us to sign him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Ive been impressed with Pepe when i have seen him in the Champions League and proved to be a good threat from corners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)