Pepe (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Back on topic, I don't remember seeing Pepe play so I don't know what to think about this, what do you think?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
More to come. I cherish the day where I see an article saying

"Juventus linked with all football players on the globe"

Then we will all be happy.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
View attachment 28343

A tall and speedy centre-back, Pepe left his native Brazil at the age of 18 and was soon being touted as one of the most promising defenders in the Portuguese SuperLiga.

Club
Started his career as a professional in the 1999/00 season at the age of 16 with Brazilian third division club Corinthians Alagoano SC. After two campaigns as part of the first team, he headed to Europe to sign for CF Marأ*timo.

2001: Most of Pepe's first season at Mar*timo was spent with the club's second string, although he did enjoy four first-team outings. The outlook was rosier the following term, however, as he made 27 starts and things got even better in 2003/04. His consistency as Marأ*timo finished sixth drew attention from all-conquering FC Porto who enticed Pepe north with the offer of a four-year contract.

2004/05: Although he failed to establish himself as a regular in the first XI, Pepe did manage to score one goal in 15 league appearances as Porto finished runners-up in the SuperLiga. He also played his part in the UEFA Champions League, helping his team to reach the last 16.

uefa.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)