Penalty taker!!! (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
1. Del Piero
2. Camoranesi
3. Birindelli
4. Emerson
5. Olivera

I don't like Zlatan taking Pks, even though he has a lot of confidence, I'm wary about the way he shoots.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
I am going to go wash my face, hands, and feet to go pray, don't bother me.
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
Speaking of:
I LOST MY QUO'RAN!
You forgot your arm.

PS to spare everyone the long story, let me fast forward and provide a briefing to the possible upcomming scenarios:

[1]
Majed: "That's pretty lame to think that reminding me of my religion is an insult. Again, try again."
Burke: "I'm kidding man... kidding"
Majed: "Bad Joke... nothing new... try again"

[2]
Majed: "That's pretty lame to think that reminding me of my religion is an insult. Again, try again."
Burke: **Insert another childish insult, that stems from his ignorance and inability to cleverly insult/give verbal jab, here **
Majed: ** Repeat post this post **

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I don't think I've ever seen Blasi take a penalty either. But he's got the most accurate shot and he's got nerves of steel. If I were manager, I'd put him up right behind Del Piero. Oh, and his eyes are the best part, have you ever watched his eyes when he passes? He never gives it away where he's going to, and I imagine he's got the same skill in shooting.
Maybe he's got some sort of eye problem/distortion that's why he never seems to look at where he's passing.

:D

But of course, I'm kidding!

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Zlatan PK's FK's are just crappy, Don't let him take them. He have to practice it for a couple of years first and get private lessons from Del Piero :D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Figures, that's why he knows how to read them well.
yeah. that explains why he is good with his feet. He can sometimes dribble a striker thats coming towards him, chasing the ball :) Im always nervous when he do that, but I know he wont fail, cuz he's Buffon :)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
IMO here r the criteria of ppl taking penalty kicks.

1. Confidence
1 must have overwhelming confidence as ur team will be depending on u to score the solitary goal, especially in important matches. Almost the whole world (including the keeper from the opposite team) will be looking at u when u take the penalty, so u mustn't feel stressed upon taking the Pk.

2. Accuracy
A penalty taker must be accurate in his shots. He should know the strength required to blast the ball into the net and not blast his shot over.
The most ideal position of the ball should be in the top left or right corner, which is difficult for the keeper to catch the ball. And the taker should have a variety of shooting styles that makes the keeper hard to read which way his shot will go.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I think the pressure was a bit too much for him on that occasion. I would choose Zlatan because he has the overwhelming confidence that a PK taker needs.
He has the confidence, no doubt about that, but from what I've seen he isn't that good from the penalty spot. Del Piero, Birindelli and Camoranesi are better for sure, but that said, two more kickers are still required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)