Penalty taker!!! (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

I remember that scenario.....

I think the pressure was a bit too much for him on that occasion. I would choose Zlatan because he has the overwhelming confidence that a PK taker needs.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I remember Trez scoring against us on a PK during a WC and netting the winning goal against us again to win EURO. So I think the pressure doesn't bother him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
I remember Trez scoring against us on a PK during a WC and netting the winning goal against us again to win EURO. So I think the pressure doesn't bother him.
Nah, taking a PK in the Champions League final is rather tough. When I saw Trezeguet step up to take his penalty in May 2003 I knew he would miss because his facial expression was that of a prisoner sentenced to the electric chair. He did not look focused and he was obviously flustered. I think pressure can get to anyone in those situations.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Nah, taking a PK in the Champions League final is rather tough. When I saw Trezeguet step up to take his penalty in May 2003 I knew he would miss because his facial expression was that of a prisoner sentenced to the electric chair. He did not look focused and he was obviously flustered. I think pressure can get to anyone in those situations.
I saw that in his eyes too. I don't know what happened to him in that moment. It's not his style.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
5- Del Piero
4- Camo
3- Emerson
2- Thuram
1- Zlatan

end of story. and Trez should never be allowed to take any more PK.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

I saw that in his eyes too. I don't know what happened to him in that moment. It's not his style.
I'll tell you one thing though, I'll never forget that look on his face. :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)