Penalty taker!!! (2 Viewers)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I don't like penatlies, plain and simple.

If we could avoid it, let's win it during play.

I'd rather lose on open play than get beaten in penalties.

This thread brings back nightmare of the CL Finals against Milan.

Ouch!

Still hurts me!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Del Piero is the best taker in the team,probably followed by Camoranesi and Birindelli.I'd like to see Olivera try a couple though,he looks like he could be a good one.On the other hand I doubt Pavel Nedved could take penalties well.Placement just isn't his thing when putting it in the back of the net.Ditto Zlatan.Trezeguet either blasts in into the back of the net or gently tucks it into the bottom corner,a good keeper would read him too easily.

OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    Zlatan's penalties are awfull.
    yes,

And you can not learn or practice penalties, this is because on the training field you have different kind of presure than in a final of CL where is alot of presure on you. So, it is a scale that someone does not have it, just like Zlatan.

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    I don't like penatlies, plain and simple.

If we could avoid it, let's win it during play.

I'd rather lose on open play than get beaten in penalties.

This thread brings back nightmare of the CL Finals against Milan.

Ouch!

Still hurts me!
    i thought about that milan cl final game when i read the thread title:down:.

but we got revenge in the italian super cup in new york. rather have the cl than the italian super cup

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Ian... I've never see Blasi take a PK whether with Juve, Parma, or Perugia. What's your reasoning? When was he a PK taker?

Do you mean Birindelli as this is logical?
    I don't think I've ever seen Blasi take a penalty either. But he's got the most accurate shot and he's got nerves of steel. If I were manager, I'd put him up right behind Del Piero. Oh, and his eyes are the best part, have you ever watched his eyes when he passes? He never gives it away where he's going to, and I imagine he's got the same skill in shooting.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    As for me, I'd go for Birindelli and Pessotto as 2nd and 3rd choice.
    What are the odds of both Birindelli and Pessotto being on the pitch though? If we're approaching the end of extra time with penalty kicks looming then replace Zebina with Biri, but will we even have two substitutions available at that time in the game?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    @Ian: I haven't seen enough of Blasi's shooting to comment on his accuracy, but you're certainly right about his nerves of steel and him not telegraphing his passes.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I don't think I've ever seen Blasi take a penalty either. But he's got the most accurate shot and he's got nerves of steel. If I were manager, I'd put him up right behind Del Piero. Oh, and his eyes are the best part, have you ever watched his eyes when he passes? He never gives it away where he's going to, and I imagine he's got the same skill in shooting.
    Interesting observation and good call based on that observatioin...
    I'll pay more attention to Blasi next time I see him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

That is a very interesting notion Ian, and I will pay more attention to how Blasi works with the ball in the future. However I am not too sure about Blasi's "nerves of steal" because I have not seen him play in a highly important affair yet. Taking a penalty is different from making a pass during a match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)