[Peace Cup] JUVENTUS 2-1 Real Madrid, July 31st 2009 (42 Viewers)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Let's not get carried away too much.. I thought it was an k performance against a team without 5-6 first team players...
still we also missed sissoko diego zebina ...
i think its even harder for us to not have theses players in the squad. at least a team like real should make up for someone missing.
we won thats good... it was maybe just a frindly but still its better than to lose.
so real didn't got its first elven so did we.

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
still we also missed sissoko diego zebina ...
i think its even harder for us to not have theses players in the squad. at least a team like real should make up for someone missing.
we won thats good... it was maybe just a frindly but still its better than to lose.
so real didn't got its first elven so did we.
I think they had only 1 defender of their first team, no kaka and no Casillas (not that he would make a diff I guess) and i'm sure im missing someone else..

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Player Ratings...

Buffon- 6/10. Flapped at the ball on more than one occasion, and very nearly gifted Ronaldo an equalizer towards the end of the game, when needing 3 or 4 attempts to bring the ball down from the air and smother it safely. Seemed worryingly prone to calamity.

Sali- 8/10. The more I see Brazzo here, on the left of our defence, the more secure I feel, about a position which for the last season and beyond I have felt very cautious and suspicious of. COnsidering he was up against one of the world's finest wingers, Brazzo did wicked. Only beaten once or twice in situations when he allowed Ronaldo to move on to get a shot direct on goal. Supported the attack well, took his goal brilliantly. No errors, only positives...

Grygera-6/10. On this form, which is not far from what seems to be his best, I will hope that Caceres can come in and steal the position, or Zebina, for that matter, because both, are likely much more welcome, in terms of strength, positioning and distribution, than the Czech Golem. Did not far well against Drenthe and co, which made it hard for Camo to get forward as muc h as he would have liked.

Chiellini- Gorgeous challenge through the back of Ronaldo in the first half...Fucked up on the Raul challenge, but was there any hope of staying on his feet with Raul pushing the ball to a position where he could shoot across goal? SOmething had to be done. Other than that tackle, he was imperious in the air, fast enough and mean enough on the floor. Definitely an improvement in the Canna/CHiellini partnership. Though the defence also looked secure, with Legro on for the second half. 7/10

Cannavarro- Calmer, equally strong and a better reader of the flow of the game than his defensive apprentice. Took his goal with conviction, made several last man challenges. Still rusty, but improving and definitely a good influence to have on our defence. His experience was and will be essential to our cause...7.5/10.

Melo- Highlight of the first half was a cruncher on Ronaldo. Showed great control and decent vision, when winning the ball and then beginning our attacking play with more guile than hooving the ball to amauri. A sissoko with less energy, and far better technique. Made several very important challenges in front of our back four. 8/10.

Tiago- While he did little wrong, he hardly showed himself as a useful cog in the team, which was unfortunate after his recent good run of form in pre season. played a few decent passes, but generally was too weak, and lacking invention. I look forward to seeing something more from him against the Villans. 6/10.

Camo- Vicious, capricious, randomly skillful, childishly petulant, lucky not to receive a second yellow card for any one of several needless fouls. Covered the right flank competently, but lacked decent support from Grygera. His passing abilities are needed, if we are without Diego in the middle of the park, but this was not one of the Argie's best games...Still, at least he didn't pick up any new injuries. 6.5/10.

Giovinco- Brilliant in flashes, but showing that he is perhaps more suited to a wide left position, than an in the hole attacking midfielder, as he played last night. Great pace, some lovely passes and ideas, but let down by his strength and an overcrowding in the middle of the pitch of the final third. He was involved in the build up to both of our goals..Winning the free kick for DP to loft in to Canna, and then turning his man to cross for Camo to force Dudek into conceding the corner which DP swung in at the near post for Sali. So two team assist...7/10.

Del Piero- Two assists, without ever looking likely to score himself. Worked tirelessly from start to finish, linked up well with the midfield and Amauri, and generally gave the Madrid defence constant problems, especially with set plays. 7/10.

Amauri- I was impressed with his touch, at killing the ball with one touch when received at pace even from large distances. Other than that, he held the ball up well, but did little else of note, as an attacking threat, other than bother Pepe and co. Should have been replaced far earlier by Iaquinta, or Trez. On that form, I cannot see what he brings to the front line which makes him ahead of those two in the pecking order, if there is one. 6/10.

Legro- Solid, shored the aerial defences, and was a nuisance in attack at set plays. Didn't improve or worsen our vulnerability in the middle on the floor with his entrance. Solid...7/10.

Zannetti...Marrone...Iaquinta...not on long enough to grab a rating, though none of them did anything rash or risky. And the youngster managed to crunch i think both Drenthe and another madrid player or three, so well done on that score, kiddo.

Ciro- Was unfortunate to lose diego before the game. Also lacking Momo and any trustworthy cover at left back...We won, though we were over-run for much of the first half. Second period was far more even. We took our goals well, and when it came to REAL chances, we were not too far off the count of our opponents. And unlike them we could threaten with multiple ideas, rather just the one tactic of GIVE THE BALL TO RONALDO. We looked solid in defence against high quality attackers. Though...the 4-3-1-2 did not look great against Madrid. especially on our right flank. Where Grygera was often exposed to more than he can handle. Its a shame Ciro didn't put Giovinco in attack, and pull DP back into the hole, as this could have made better use of the atomic ant's pace. Still, no injuries, a decent scalp and a final to look forward to against the Villa...we have Momo, De Ceglie, Diego and Zebina to come back into the team and also new signing Caceres...Many reasons to be cheerful.

Mar 30, 2006
Player Ratings...

Buffon- 6/10. Flapped at the ball on more than one occasion, and very nearly gifted Ronaldo an equalizer towards the end of the game, when needing 3 or 4 attempts to bring the ball down from the air and smother it safely. Seemed worryingly prone to calamity.

Sali- 8/10. The more I see Brazzo here, on the left of our defence, the more secure I feel, about a position which for the last season and beyond I have felt very cautious and suspicious of. COnsidering he was up against one of the world's finest wingers, Brazzo did wicked. Only beaten once or twice in situations when he allowed Ronaldo to move on to get a shot direct on goal. Supported the attack well, took his goal brilliantly. No errors, only positives...

Grygera-6/10. On this form, which is not far from what seems to be his best, I will hope that Caceres can come in and steal the position, or Zebina, for that matter, because both, are likely much more welcome, in terms of strength, positioning and distribution, than the Czech Golem. Did not far well against Drenthe and co, which made it hard for Camo to get forward as muc h as he would have liked.

Chiellini- Gorgeous challenge through the back of Ronaldo in the first half...Fucked up on the Raul challenge, but was there any hope of staying on his feet with Raul pushing the ball to a position where he could shoot across goal? SOmething had to be done. Other than that tackle, he was imperious in the air, fast enough and mean enough on the floor. Definitely an improvement in the Canna/CHiellini partnership. Though the defence also looked secure, with Legro on for the second half. 7/10

Cannavarro- Calmer, equally strong and a better reader of the flow of the game than his defensive apprentice. Took his goal with conviction, made several last man challenges. Still rusty, but improving and definitely a good influence to have on our defence. His experience was and will be essential to our cause...7.5/10.

Melo- Highlight of the first half was a cruncher on Ronaldo. Showed great control and decent vision, when winning the ball and then beginning our attacking play with more guile than hooving the ball to amauri. A sissoko with less energy, and far better technique. Made several very important challenges in front of our back four. 8/10.

Tiago- While he did little wrong, he hardly showed himself as a useful cog in the team, which was unfortunate after his recent good run of form in pre season. played a few decent passes, but generally was too weak, and lacking invention. I look forward to seeing something more from him against the Villans. 6/10.

Camo- Vicious, capricious, randomly skillful, childishly petulant, lucky not to receive a second yellow card for any one of several needless fouls. Covered the right flank competently, but lacked decent support from Grygera. His passing abilities are needed, if we are without Diego in the middle of the park, but this was not one of the Argie's best games...Still, at least he didn't pick up any new injuries. 6.5/10.

Giovinco- Brilliant in flashes, but showing that he is perhaps more suited to a wide left position, than an in the hole attacking midfielder, as he played last night. Great pace, some lovely passes and ideas, but let down by his strength and an overcrowding in the middle of the pitch of the final third. He was involved in the build up to both of our goals..Winning the free kick for DP to loft in to Canna, and then turning his man to cross for Camo to force Dudek into conceding the corner which DP swung in at the near post for Sali. So two team assist...7/10.

Del Piero- Two assists, without ever looking likely to score himself. Worked tirelessly from start to finish, linked up well with the midfield and Amauri, and generally gave the Madrid defence constant problems, especially with set plays. 7/10.

Amauri- I was impressed with his touch, at killing the ball with one touch when received at pace even from large distances. Other than that, he held the ball up well, but did little else of note, as an attacking threat, other than bother Pepe and co. Should have been replaced far earlier by Iaquinta, or Trez. On that form, I cannot see what he brings to the front line which makes him ahead of those two in the pecking order, if there is one. 6/10.

Legro- Solid, shored the aerial defences, and was a nuisance in attack at set plays. Didn't improve or worsen our vulnerability in the middle on the floor with his entrance. Solid...7/10.

Zannetti...Marrone...Iaquinta...not on long enough to grab a rating, though none of them did anything rash or risky. And the youngster managed to crunch i think both Drenthe and another madrid player or three, so well done on that score, kiddo.

Ciro- Was unfortunate to lose diego before the game. Also lacking Momo and any trustworthy cover at left back...We won, though we were over-run for much of the first half. Second period was far more even. We took our goals well, and when it came to REAL chances, we were not too far off the count of our opponents. And unlike them we could threaten with multiple ideas, rather just the one tactic of GIVE THE BALL TO RONALDO. We looked solid in defence against high quality attackers. Though...the 4-3-1-2 did not look great against Madrid. especially on our right flank. Where Grygera was often exposed to more than he can handle. Its a shame Ciro didn't put Giovinco in attack, and pull DP back into the hole, as this could have made better use of the atomic ant's pace. Still, no injuries, a decent scalp and a final to look forward to against the Villa...we have Momo, De Ceglie, Diego and Zebina to come back into the team and also new signing Caceres...Many reasons to be cheerful.
I thought Camo was our best player on the field. He was incredible and was such a threat with the ball. He makes silly fouls but man did he turn on the style and create alot of good attacks.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Player Ratings...

l.
I personally think Cannavaro was poor defensively. Our backline was much more solid with Legro in it. Chiellini had to work for both during the first half. He left his mark a few too many times to be honest. Never the less, he did score a goal, was playing against his previous team and we are still in the pre-season.

Many of you might think legro did not do much. I have to disagree with who thinks this way. He positioned himself well with his mark which reduced the number of passes and attempt from his position.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
this is only pre-season friendlies and we are already looking like we are a strong team. All we need is just some polishing of individuals like canna, buffon(altho he is still great playing at 50% of his usual form) and sali.

Gio has once again made a point that he can be a important player for juventus, and today he showed that he can even play against great european teams without pressure.

as for camo, he proved that he still has a lot in him to give the team and nobody should write him off yet...i personally felt that he was quite effective today.

the only key weakness right now is our fullbacks....grygera still isn't convincing ...

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
after giovinco's display today, i really wish that ferrera will think of some tactics that can put both diego and giovinco on the field.

perhaps...

------------ DM----DM
camo----------diego-------Gio
-----------tre/iaq/ama

but in this formation, del piero will not find a starting spot...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I don't think Camo was rotten in last night's game. But neither did I see him play a great game. He still has skill, can clearly still be a vital asset for us against the biggest teams in europe and if he can stay fit, then I am now more certain than I was a few months back, that he will likely own one of the starting place in a 3 man midfield. He is not great defensively. He does not have for example Nedved's tenacity, but then again, who does???? Camo's game is far more offensive than anything else. His passing is generally quality, but he put a few balls into the box last night which were horrible, especially one near the end, when we had a free kick I think, a cross which evaded everyone but the cameraman way past the by line...Distribution wise, and skill wise, he is an asset. Temperament wise, a liability. He could easily have been sent off. And most of his fouls are not attempts to play the ball, they are hot blooded mistakes. I personally like that in a player...it is far more common in the latins, than the non latins. The blood is hotter. I can see it in Melo...in Diego...and unfortunately in Camo. Add in Zebina to this mix, and as others have mentioned, we are likely to be mired with suspensions this season.

I expect a lot of Camo. Much more than he gave last night. Yes, its still preseason. Nobody is 100% match sharp. a 6.5 from me is average, for a player. not a denunciation of their worth. that would be a 3 or 4, but those kind of ratings I hope to not need to give with this team...especially with marchionni now gone, but what happens if Molinaro is forced back into the game! hohoho!...doesnt bear thinking about. I am considering him dead.

Using Camo, Diego and Giovinco together, with one target man as any of the Amauri/ Trez/Iaquinta brigade, is definitely worth a roll of the dice. But as you wrote, mate, it would omit del piero, who is looking as fit and sharp as anyone in the squad right now, and is our captain.

I think Giovinco would be better in that role though. on the left of an attacking trio. As he naturally likes to cut in from that area, and is less likely to be mauled by Pepe type characters out wide...Still, he showed wicked strength at one point, I recall vividly, when he was looking likely to get out muscled in the box, but shrugged the spanish swine away, turned and put a great ball into the 6 yard box which narrowly floated over Amauri's head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)