Pavel Nedved (19 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
This is a pretty old trope

Agnelli said publicly after Marotta left that Paratici and Nedved are in charge of the sporting project from then on. So he was in charge as he is senior to Paratici in all of the decisions since then.
Atm we basically have Bini, Bene, Nedved, Allegri and Agnelli all weighing in on the sporting side. If we took Nedved out of the equation, I honestly dont see what is it that we'd be missing

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Same time you don't want a board with everyone pulling in different directions. Creates dysfunction. Its been like this since Marotta left.

So Nedved being out is good thing for me. What good has he done besides wanting Allegri out twice?
I know, I do still believe that.

My issue is that it means Max stays which is a worry as it's clearly a terrible decision.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I have memory... I dont forget...

He was inmense has a player and always going to respect him for that...

BUT

has a director he has been AWFUL and one of the main responsables for the decisions that have put us in the mess we are at the moment, so I dont care if you people suddenly love him only because he doesnt like Allegri... I want Allegri gone too, but I also want Nedved out has vice president.

In fact he had to go with Paratici...

Apr 12, 2004
what would Del Piero change anyway? correct me if im wrong but he has zero experience as any kind of director, why would he save us currently? He could represnt us only, but that wont change anything in the club.
Del Piero is Juventus personified, he would be a symbolic president like Boniperti was. It actually seems to me that the only one who is truly thinking like a Juventino is Nedved at this point.
I hate doing this comparison stuff, but Salvo is right.

Bayern has always been run by former players who embodied the "Mia san Mia" aspects of the club. You need individuals who care about the club because if they played there and were formed by management while there, they were naturally molded into the types of business persons they knew. Like an apprentice. Bayern also doesn't have Board turnover. Beckenbauer, Hoeness, Rummenigge, Kahn, Brazzo. That's the Board and Advisory Board for 40 years. Of course guys like Hainer come in, but they are business as much as anything, but they have a stake in the club, too.

Regardless, if you have people at the top who have the same passions and feelings and desires as the ones playing, it creates a cohesive unit; everyone is on the same page.

There used to be a saying on the forums of "Juve Material," it was almost always used to describe players. That standard needs applied to everyone in the entirety of the club, Board Members down to Physios.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: And you can't expect a change overnight, everything takes time. For five years of wrong direction it would probably take three-seven years to correct it. The wheels turn slowly, but they do turn.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2005
If I am not mistaken.. it was Pep but was not successful,, then Conte and unibro said no.. so.. who has a football style? Sarriball.. and frankly.. his Napoli played some pretty much nice football that we did not have the MF to do it + CR7 who did not want to play CF... it was doomed to fail anyway.. and eventually.. he never impersonified the Juve Style

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Nedved is literally the only one on our board that has any remote understanding of football

- - - Updated - - -

Typical tuz believing what momblano reported on pep wanting to join juve.Neither we can pay his salary nor guarantee him a significant transfer budget.
Pesto flies went as far as pep's son was at J medical for a check up and pep's wife was picking her ferrari

- - - Updated - - -

I know, I do still believe that.

My issue is that it means Max stays which is a worry as it's clearly a terrible decision.
At least there will be no place to hide when the shareholders finally call for everyone's heads as results don't improve

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Nedved is literally the only one on our board that has any remote understanding of football

- - - Updated - - -

Pesto flies went as far as pep's son was at J medical for a check up and pep's wife was picking her ferrari

- - - Updated - - -

At least there will be no place to hide when the shareholders finally call for everyone's heads as results don't improve
Not sure I agree about Nedved being the only one that understands football in our board, might be true, might not be.

Some of the brightest minds in football did not have a remarkable career as players or didnt even play a single competitive footie game. F.e. Arrigo Sacchi or the sporting director of Liverpool.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Iirc nedved got a lot of criticism on this forum while being on the board. Can't remember when and why. That's why I want del Piero and marchisio to stay away from this club. Can't have their legacy ruined

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)