Pavel Nedved (17 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Nedved: 'Conte is our top player'
By Football Italia staff

Juventus legend Pavel Nedved feels Coach Antonio Conte – who returns to the bench on Sunday – is the “world class” reinforcement they needed.
The tactician has been banished to the stands all season, although able to take control of day to day training, but his ban in the betting scandal has now expired and he’ll be on the touchline for tomorrow’s trip to Palermo.

“The happy days are over for the team!” joked Nedved. “As a player I wouldn’t have wanted Conte shouting at me from the bench... All joking aside, they suspended a world class Coach and with his return it’ll be tougher for everyone to stop us.

“I have to compliment the players for the way they reacted even without him. Knowing Conte, he will have suffered a great deal being away from the action, but I want him to put that all behind him and look to the future.”

The former midfielder and current director of the Bianconeri is buoyed by their passage into the Champions League Round of 16 as group winners.

“Perhaps there are three or four teams in that competition better equipped than we are, but there is very little difference. In any case, the strongest on paper do not always win,” declared Nedved.

“It is a difficult tournament, because you can go out by getting 20 minutes wrong over two legs. I’d like to avoid Real Madrid in the next round, but it all depends on which team is on form at that time. You need a little luck in the Champions League too.”

Nedved was the star of the 2003 campaign that got Juve to the Final, but was suspended for the decider against Milan at Old Trafford.
“I never got to win the Champions League as a player, although that was my objective when I arrived at Juve, but it would be very satisfying to touch the trophy as a director.

“It all depends on us. If we play like the real Juve, then we leave the others little or no hope.”

---------

If we win the CL, they should let Nedved put his 2003 shirt on and lift the thropy for the fans when the team returns to Turin.

If that happened i would literally cry like a little girl. My impossible dream becoming a reality

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Nedved: 'Conte is our top player'
By Football Italia staff

---------

If we win the CL, they should let Nedved put his 2003 shirt on and lift the thropy for the fans when the team returns to Turin.

If that happened i would literally cry like a little girl. My impossible dream becoming a reality
I share this dream and I'd probably cry like a bitch too.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Great idea.

We can also bring back DP, Trez, Davids, Ferrara, Tudor ...etc and let them all wear their 2003 shirt and lift the trophy. They were the real winners of that 2003 CL :stuckup:

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008

[/FONT][/COLOR]
No words would be able to describe that

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The Champions League is a trophy that Nedved desperately wanted to win as a player, but never got the chance.

He was suspended for the 2003 Champions League Final which Juventus lost to Milan on penalties.

“I’ve told the team that I’ve wanted to caress the Champions League trophy for a long time…”
Thats it... Lets win this shit for once and for all!!

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck!! for an instant i just wanted him to get that suit off put his uniform and fuking join the fray!

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I remember this game as if it were yesterday. This was one of the best performances of a Juve player I have ever seen. He really annihilated Inter on that night

I cried a river inside of me seeing the old grande Juve. Most of them deservedly got a star at Juve Stadium. Too many talents in that team. I wished Conte's header went in instead hitting the stupid crossbar in that CL final 2003. And fuck Milan with their white jersey. Thank you for the clip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)