Pavel Nedved (34 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
he should be with the team all the time, as an assistant coach or whatever just to have him in the dressing room before, between and after games. his cool head and experience would help ciro and us out a great deal.

perhaps with him motivating the team we couldve been slightly better off by now.
i think its a matter of time before he accepts a role with team, you can tell he wants to be there

nasibeh

May 29, 2009
more pictures :drill:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that vid touch me so , damn ,urinho and moratti make me make mistake about him , he is a true legend :)
pavel miss you so so so . . .

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
he should be with the team all the time, as an assistant coach or whatever just to have him in the dressing room before, between and after games. his cool head and experience would help ciro and us out a great deal.

perhaps with him motivating the team we couldve been slightly better off by now.
i think its a matter of time before he accepts a role with team, you can tell he wants to be there
:agree:

He definitely wants to be there.

I'm pretty optimistic about him accepting a staff role, who knows, that's what he could have been there discussing with Secco! Such a legend.:juventus:

At the very least he could help the squad get their fitness up. Maaannn, Pavel could run for days.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
I really miss nedved,i dont know why suddenly tonight i feel pretty sad about this again.What a great player he was...what a great player... his tireless efforts weak after weak, his dedication to the team, his passion and winning mentality ! there was no difference for him if we were playing a team like real madrid or messina ! everyteam was same for him,he was fighting like every match was a CL final, a Cl final which he missed...

For Nedved, its not all about technical characteristics, its about a real human, u know,when it comes down to family, he could leave aside football, his greatest passion, to give his family what they need.he could still play, he has the passion to play more seasons, he himself mentioned that in last game,but i remember before chelsea game, he said, this is not about money or technical problems, i promised Ivana in christmas that this is it, this is the last year.

I think the time has come to say goodbye. I spoke with my family during Christmas time. It is a decision I took with my wife. Ivana would like me to spend more time at home and even I would like to spend more time with my children. I wasn’t able to do for many years and now it is time
Thats why it makes me love him more than just a football player, when it comes down to loyalty, as a ballon dor winner he could play where ever he want, but what did he do? he said how can i leave a club that gave me everything when it needs me ?

football was really cruel to him, left him in tears twice,For what? they say more love brings more pain, and thats the story of our pavel. world of football really owe him big.

Of all the articles i read about nedved, this one from foxsport is my fav, everytime i read it i feel proud about him :

Grazie, Nedved: A warrior in every sense of the word

With his teammates wearing his No. 11 jersey, Juventus legend Pavel Nedved walked out of the tunnel at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin one last time, celebrating the end of one of the most-storied careers fans have ever seen.

The Bianconeri's faithful were chanting his name, a good number of them tearing up while he was taking his victory lap Juve's 2-0 win over Lazio on Sunday, recognizing the efforts Nedved has put in during his eight seasons in black and white.

Juve's famed Czech Fury played his 327th and final game of his Old Lady career Sunday against Lazio, the team he came to Turin from in 2001. He set up Vincenzo Iaquinta's second goal on a classic run.

He had a few chances to score, which would have certainly added icing on the cake, but in the end it was a celebration of his career rather than one single outing.

It is certainly the end of an era in Turin, with one of the Old Guards playing in front of the crowd that loves him so very much. With the tifosi chanting his name, something that happened time-and-time again, Nedved was subbed out in the 84th and subsequently mobbed by his teammates.

His influence goes even deeper than what he achieved on the field.

Nobody worked harder than Nedved did week in and week out, and for a team that is aiming to become younger, having a leader like Nedved proved to work in its favor.

His tireless running and physical condition was a testament to his dedication.

It's no wonder that he seemed to be everywhere on the field and sometimes ... well ... he basically was.

He played the second-most minutes of any Juve player this season and was the oldest player, at 36-years of age, who played regularly.

His runs down the left flank were classic and his left footed blasts could be equalized by few players in the world, if any at all.

Not too shabby.

However, with all the accomplishments on the field, it is character that matches his God-given talent.

With Juve getting demoted to Serie B, Nedved could have gone anywhere he wanted. But he stayed loyal to the cause at hand and stayed in Turin with the club to fight for promotion back to the top flight, instead of joining a club that was playing in the Champions League.

Others bolted, but Nedved stayed loyal to the club who has given him so much, and he felt it was only right to give something back to them and bring them back to glory in their darkest days.

If Juve fans needed yet another reason to love Nedved, then seeing him stick with the Old Lady in Serie B just added to their admiration for him.

His goals helped Juve get back to Serie A, helped them get back to the Champions League, and saved the day on numerous occasions.

When Juve were knocked out of the Champions League this year by Chelsea, Nedved was seen wiping away tears when he came off the field.

It wasn't because of the loss, it was because he had to come off injured just 12 minutes into the first half of the second leg, and he couldn't help the team he loves so much advance to the quarterfinals.

If he could have played on he certainly would have. The man was never afraid to play through pain and if that doesn't say enough about him, I don't know what does.

Yet as Nedved stepped off the field one last time Sunday, his trophy case is missing the one he never got the chance to fight for — the Champions League.

He was suspended for the final when Juvenuts faced rival AC Milan in 2003 because of a yellow card he received in the semifinals.

Don't feel too bad for him though, his resume in a Juventus jersey still speaks for itself: 2003 Ballon d'Or, Serie A Overall and Foreign Player of the Year, five Serie A titles (although two were revoked in the aftermath of the Calciopoli scandal), and two Italian Cup trophies.

"I think that'll do. I can stop running now. I can stop with a clear conscience, because I know we have done great things together."

Yes you have earned the right to take a break, Pavel, but it's hard to believe that you will ever stop running.

Jun 20, 2009
I really miss nedved,i dont know why suddenly tonight i feel pretty sad about this again.What a great player he was...what a great player... his tireless efforts weak after weak, his dedication to the team, his passion and winning mentality ! there was no difference for him if we were playing a team like real madrid or messina ! everyteam was same for him,he was fighting like every match was a CL final, a Cl final which he missed...

For Nedved, its not all about technical characteristics, its about a real human, u know,when it comes down to family, he could leave aside football, his greatest passion, to give his family what they need.he could still play, he has the passion to play more seasons, he himself mentioned that in last game,but i remember before chelsea game, he said, this is not about money or technical problems, i promised Ivana in christmas that this is it, this is the last year.

Thats why it makes me love him more than just a football player, when it comes down to loyalty, as a ballon dor winner he could play where ever he want, but what did he do? he said how can i leave a club that gave me everything when it needs me ?

football was really cruel to him, left him in tears twice,For what? they say more love brings more pain, and thats the story of our pavel. world of football really owe him big.

Of all the articles i read about nedved, this one from foxsport is my fav, everytime i read it i feel proud about him :
Great post +rep! I really miss Pavel too. Had we still have him in the changing room, our players would have been motivated more to pull through this difficult period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)