Pavel Nedved (357 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
In years to come Nedved crying in the semi final knowing he will be missing the final will be my biggest memory of him. I think its is horrible that a player of Nedveds class missed one of the biggest games of his career because of a stupid yellow card. There are too many players missing the CL and Uefa cup final this year its just not right. I cant believe that uefa still hasnt changed this rule to prevent it happening.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In years to come Nedved crying in the semi final knowing he will be missing the final will be my biggest memory of him. I think its is horrible that a player of Nedveds class missed one of the biggest games of his career because of a stupid yellow card. There are too many players missing the CL and Uefa cup final this year its just not right. I cant believe that uefa still hasnt changed this rule to prevent it happening.

There's something about the whole suspension thing that isn't right.

Say you get banned after 4 yellow cards. I get a yellow card against Sampdoria, Milan, Roma and Fiorentina. Next weekend we play Inter and I'm suspended. My fouls were in other games against other teams, but Inter benefits.

That's just not right.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
sorry dude, but his production has decreased marginally for the past 2 seasons. he needs to hang 'em up because he's only hurting his own legend

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
There's something about the whole suspension thing that isn't right.

Say you get banned after 4 yellow cards. I get a yellow card against Sampdoria, Milan, Roma and Fiorentina. Next weekend we play Inter and I'm suspended. My fouls were in other games against other teams, but Inter benefits.

That's just not right.
I know eh. The only change I can come up with is for the direct red cards: Let's say Momo gets a red card in the game against Roma in October, he has to miss the next game we play against Roma (which would be the return match of the season).

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think playing another season would do any damage to his legend and I think he has enough in the tank to contribute greatly to the team. Plus I'd like to see him win one more trophy for Juventus.

you must not have watched him play for the past few seasons. anyone with half a brain can tell that he is no longer productive from game to game. he has 1 good performace every 5 matches. that is not worth the money nor the roster spot. face it, he is no longer able to provide us with what we expect from him. and in no way do i mean that in a bad way. he is old, thats all it is. no insults, no put downs, nothing of the sort.

its time he retires and its time we start looking for someone to fill his roster spot. we can't stay hung up on our old players otherwise we will never get back on top.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
you must not have watched him play for the past few seasons. anyone with half a brain can tell that he is no longer productive from game to game. he has 1 good performace every 5 matches. that is not worth the money nor the roster spot. face it, he is no longer able to provide us with what we expect from him. and in no way do i mean that in a bad way. he is old, thats all it is. no insults, no put downs, nothing of the sort.

its time he retires and its time we start looking for someone to fill his roster spot. we can't stay hung up on our old players otherwise we will never get back on top.
:tup:

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
If Secco ends up signing a Nedved replacement, then its possible Nedved will decide to stay on another year because he'll know that he won't be playing 180 minutes every week. And his presence in the team will help whoever is brought in to fill his boots better. Nothing like getting tips from the legend himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 353)