Pavel Nedved (10 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Pavel Nedved has said he’ll make his announcement next week and it’s reported the Juventus hero will hang up his boots.

“If there is no meeting with Juve, then Pavel will certainly retire,” revealed agent Mino Raiola in a warning to the club.

“He is capable of just about anything, but I will do everything I can to encourage him to keep playing.”

The midfielder had already considered retirement last summer after the 2006 World Cup, but opted to stay on to help Juve return to the top flight after their demotion in the Calciopoli scandal.

Now that promotion has been achieved and many new names are being signed for the club – including latest arrivals Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron – Nedved could opt to call it a day.

A meeting has been set up with the Bianconeri directors for next week, but issues over the length of his contract and promises of a future job as a director for the club may provide stumbling blocks.

Today’s newspapers in Italy report that Juventus are preparing for a 2007-08 without Nedved by seeking out Hamburg midfield dynamo Rafael Van der Vaart.

The Czech international and 2003 European Player of the Year has confirmed he will make a decision before June 30.

Nedved turns 35 in August and has been at Juventus since 2001, having previously played for Lazio, Sparta Prague and Dukla Prague.

Football Italia
and some here wonder why I think this management team is a bunch of idiots...

Neddy, IMO, is almost as much of a symbol for Juventus as DP

he has a few years left in the tank (even as a sub), and the only player out there that I think can play his position the way he does is Sneijder from Ajax

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
and some here wonder why I think this management team is a bunch of idiots...

Neddy, IMO, is almost as much of a symbol for Juventus as DP

he has a few years left in the tank (even as a sub), and the only player out there that I think can play his position the way he does is Sneijder from Ajax
TBH I don't think the management can do much about it. Nedved has been thinking of retiring for a full two years now.

Sneijder is not even half the player Nedved is, Vin. Believe me, I see the guy play a lot and he's become a better player the last year, but my oh my, he'd be a mistake.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
if you think he will PERFORM like Ned has done for the past 5 years...that is not only impossible but very unfair on Sneijder...i always thought of him as a CMF...but there is no doubt that he is a class act and Juve should try to get him

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
How classic, media comes saying crap about our management and suddenly is Holly Word for some of you...

Why dont we wait for next week and see what happends before starting to judge our management in this matter

Jul 24, 2006
Just hope he stays. Can't believe people are discussing replacements on his thread. He deserves to taste the fruit of his labours in Serie B and if he can cut it in that more physical league surely he can play again at the highest level for one more year at least. If it's a question of contract Juve should give him one year with an option for a second and a future role at the club as soon as he does hang up his boots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)