Pavel Nedved (261 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Nedved to play on Monday 25 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli is confident Pavel Nedved will play on for at least one more season.

“In my opinion, Nedved will play for at least one more year,” said the Bianconeri chief.

“There is nothing special we have to do, we just need to show him how important he is for us. Pavel is like a battery, he just needs a bit of recharging,” said Cobolli Gigli.

Roberto Bettega has been shown the exit by the club, but Cobolli is sure that there will be no replacement for the former member of the infamous Triade.

“Why should we replace Bettega? I am sure that Coach Claudio Ranieri, sporting director Alessio Secco and director general Jean-Claude Blanc will do a great job.

The Juve President also confirmed that they are chasing Real Zaragoza defender Gabriel Milito

“Milito is a player who could be very good for us, however we have placed a bid and that’s our limit. We won’t go over that, and we have several valid alternatives,” he said.

Meanwhile, David Trezeguet is set to complete a dramatic U-turn and sign an extension on his contract according to the chief.

“I have the feeling that David is closer to us. After an intense week of negotiations, I think that our future is still together,” concluded Cobolli Gigli.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun25o.html

I hope Gigli is right...

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli is confident Pavel Nedved will play on for at least one more season.

“In my opinion, Nedved will play for at least one more year,” said the Bianconeri chief.

“There is nothing special we have to do, we just need to show him how important he is for us. Pavel is like a battery, he just needs a bit of recharging,” said Cobolli Gigli.

Roberto Bettega has been shown the exit by the club, but Cobolli is sure that there will be no replacement for the former member of the infamous Triade.

“Why should we replace Bettega? I am sure that Coach Claudio Ranieri, sporting director Alessio Secco and director general Jean-Claude Blanc will do a great job.

The Juve President also confirmed that they are chasing Real Zaragoza defender Gabriel Milito

“Milito is a player who could be very good for us, however we have placed a bid and that’s our limit. We won’t go over that, and we have several valid alternatives,” he said.

Meanwhile, David Trezeguet is set to complete a dramatic U-turn and sign an extension on his contract according to the chief.

“I have the feeling that David is closer to us. After an intense week of negotiations, I think that our future is still together,” concluded Cobolli Gigli.

I hope Gigli is right...
:thumbs:

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004

I hope Gigli is right...
He promises and kept buffon. I believe this man.

Forza GIGLI

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
It's not like Pavel to drop us in it at the last minute. He would have indicated his desire to leave much earlier - say just after the last Serie B match - if he was serious about it.

It served as a wake up call to Blanc/Secco/Cobolli-Gigli that we are in urgent need of finding a long term replacement.

In the event if Pavel plays, and I think he will, it may only be for half season or a most one more season, allowing the club the necessary time to find a world-class replacement.

So, it's looking like PN is 75+% likely to stay and Trez is now 66% likely to stay, which makes getting Milito in defence total priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 256)