Pavel Nedved (22 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Pavel Nedved has said he’ll make his announcement next week and it’s reported the Juventus hero will hang up his boots.

“If there is no meeting with Juve, then Pavel will certainly retire,” revealed agent Mino Raiola in a warning to the club.

“He is capable of just about anything, but I will do everything I can to encourage him to keep playing.”

The midfielder had already considered retirement last summer after the 2006 World Cup, but opted to stay on to help Juve return to the top flight after their demotion in the Calciopoli scandal.

Now that promotion has been achieved and many new names are being signed for the club – including latest arrivals Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron – Nedved could opt to call it a day.

A meeting has been set up with the Bianconeri directors for next week, but issues over the length of his contract and promises of a future job as a director for the club may provide stumbling blocks.

Today’s newspapers in Italy report that Juventus are preparing for a 2007-08 without Nedved by seeking out Hamburg midfield dynamo Rafael Van der Vaart.

The Czech international and 2003 European Player of the Year has confirmed he will make a decision before June 30.

Nedved turns 35 in August and has been at Juventus since 2001, having previously played for Lazio, Sparta Prague and Dukla Prague.

Football Italia

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Pavel Nedved has said he’ll make his announcement next week and it’s reported the Juventus hero will hang up his boots.

“If there is no meeting with Juve, then Pavel will certainly retire,” revealed agent Mino Raiola in a warning to the club.

“He is capable of just about anything, but I will do everything I can to encourage him to keep playing.”

The midfielder had already considered retirement last summer after the 2006 World Cup, but opted to stay on to help Juve return to the top flight after their demotion in the Calciopoli scandal.

Now that promotion has been achieved and many new names are being signed for the club – including latest arrivals Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron – Nedved could opt to call it a day.

A meeting has been set up with the Bianconeri directors for next week, but issues over the length of his contract and promises of a future job as a director for the club may provide stumbling blocks.

Today’s newspapers in Italy report that Juventus are preparing for a 2007-08 without Nedved by seeking out Hamburg midfield dynamo Rafael Van der Vaart.

The Czech international and 2003 European Player of the Year has confirmed he will make a decision before June 30.

Nedved turns 35 in August and has been at Juventus since 2001, having previously played for Lazio, Sparta Prague and Dukla Prague.

Football Italia
:thumbs:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Juventus, clamorosa decisione di Nedved. Si ritira !
23.06.2007 09.24 di Appi .
Fonte: Corriere dello Sport
La decisione era nell'aria, adesso sembra una certezza, almeno a leggere il titolo del Corriere dello Sport oggi in edicola: Pavel Nedved si ritira.
La decisione potrebbe essere ufficializzata la prossima settimana, a meno che la società non lo chiami e lo convinca a rimandare e fare un altro anno.

Pavel will retire according to Corriere dello Sport .
:depressed

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
If he retires, I would seriously cry a river. He always gives 110% and he would take 50% away from our team.

We would need a HUGE transfer to replace him. Even though, nobody can replace this fighter. If Camoranesi, Trez and Nedved would retire, oh man, I see us being 6th in Serie A.....

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Nothing but RESPECT for Nedved, whatever his decision is.

To me he is already a legend in Juventus. I thank him for his contributions for Juventus and helping us secure promotion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)