Pavel Nedved (6 Viewers)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Nedved Confirms Juve Stay

The Czech player’s agent denied that his client was leaving the Old Lady

Pavel Nedved spoke through his agent that he has no intention of leaving the Bianconeri despite being demoted to Serie B.

This was announced yesterday to the Czech Republic agency CTK by Nedved’s agent, who therefore definitely closed the doors to Monaco and Tottenham after expressing interest in the player in the past weeks.

Apart from Nedved, two other big Juve players have confirmed their stay so far: Alex Del Piero and Gigi Buffon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1370000&ID=8238

Events - 27 Jul 2006 - 4:04 PM

Nedved: “I owe it to the club to stay”

“I never had any intention of leaving, both my family and I are very happy in Turin. The Agnelli family has always been very good to me and I owe it to them, and the club, to stay. It’s my duty to help Juventus get back to the top”. If things remain as they are, the Czech midfielder is well aware of the different challenge Serie B might pose: “I began my career in the Czech equivalent of Serie B when I was 17. We won promotion that year, hopefully we can do the same this season. The technical level of Serie B is certainly not as high as Serie A, but football is still football and with a 17 point penalty it won’t be easy. It depends on us, how we approach things. I can’t speak for the others but my style of play will always be the same”.

The bianconeri legend then turned his attention to the outcome of the sentence: “I’m still hoping our situation will improve, but that’s to do with the club not me. For my part, I’m very angry about the decision. As players we gave our all on the pitch, unaware of what might have been going on elsewhere. We never needed any leg-ups from anyone, in fact I don’t think there ever were any. We always played our best, beating the best sides; we deserved those titles on the pitch. It’s not fair the players, and the fans, should pay”. Pavel then spoke about the prospect of never playing Europe in again: “I’ve written that off. Serie B is my Champions League now. If we achieve promotion with a 17 point penalty, it will taste just as sweet”.

After the verdict of the sporting tribunal, the Juve ace revealed he wouldn’t dream of hanging up his boots now: “It wouldn’t be right to leave Juventus in their time of need, I still have a part to play in the future of this club. I don’t feel like a hero, I’ve made a life choice”. And on the decisions of Del Piero and Buffon to stay? “They have set a great example. The more champions we have, the easier it will be to play”. The veteran left-winger ended the conference discussing his role within the squad: “As the eldest player here I have a responsibility to help out the younger members of the squad, to pass on some of my experience to the stars of the future. Juve belongs at the top, it’s my job to help out where I can”.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
What a class act!:agree: His experience will be invaluable to the younger players. I'm so glad he's staying. I have enormous respect for him.

And I agree...why do the players and the fans have to pay for the dispicable actions of the very few who are now gone?

Dec 26, 2004
mark77 said:
http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1370000&ID=8238

Events - 27 Jul 2006 - 4:04 PM

Nedved: “I owe it to the club to stay”

“I never had any intention of leaving, both my family and I are very happy in Turin. The Agnelli family has always been very good to me and I owe it to them, and the club, to stay. It’s my duty to help Juventus get back to the top”. If things remain as they are, the Czech midfielder is well aware of the different challenge Serie B might pose: “I began my career in the Czech equivalent of Serie B when I was 17. We won promotion that year, hopefully we can do the same this season. The technical level of Serie B is certainly not as high as Serie A, but football is still football and with a 17 point penalty it won’t be easy. It depends on us, how we approach things. I can’t speak for the others but my style of play will always be the same”.

The bianconeri legend then turned his attention to the outcome of the sentence: “I’m still hoping our situation will improve, but that’s to do with the club not me. For my part, I’m very angry about the decision. As players we gave our all on the pitch, unaware of what might have been going on elsewhere. We never needed any leg-ups from anyone, in fact I don’t think there ever were any. We always played our best, beating the best sides; we deserved those titles on the pitch. It’s not fair the players, and the fans, should pay”. Pavel then spoke about the prospect of never playing Europe in again: “I’ve written that off. Serie B is my Champions League now. If we achieve promotion with a 17 point penalty, it will taste just as sweet”.

After the verdict of the sporting tribunal, the Juve ace revealed he wouldn’t dream of hanging up his boots now: “It wouldn’t be right to leave Juventus in their time of need, I still have a part to play in the future of this club. I don’t feel like a hero, I’ve made a life choice”. And on the decisions of Del Piero and Buffon to stay? “They have set a great example. The more champions we have, the easier it will be to play”. The veteran left-winger ended the conference discussing his role within the squad: “As the eldest player here I have a responsibility to help out the younger members of the squad, to pass on some of my experience to the stars of the future. Juve belongs at the top, it’s my job to help out where I can”.
Players go away, men remain :touched:

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
Forza Pavel. After so many years a real Legend.
someone who has something more. he considers fans and club. really class.
Thank you pavel. these words worth more than 2 scudetto for me.
Alex and gigi tp follow.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I have never been so proud like now to be a juventino.. having champions like nedved in our team make me even prouder.

forza Nedved

forza JUVE

marcusa

Dec 21, 2005
HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pavel, you are truly a man of your word; are you reading this, Canna, and Thuram??

My dream for the future is Del Piero coaches Juventus and Nedved is the assistant!!!!!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
His brought the best news of the week undoubtly Forza Pavel. He will no doubt be very useful and is as loyal as they can get. He remains my favourite player. :tup:
Seriously feel like hugging the guy and thanking him for his loyalty. Hope to see this guy manage Juve some time in the future.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
giovanotti said:
I hope this statement is for real and that we will never see again a hedaline "Nedved decided to go".

Forza Nedved.:touched:
"My agent told me there were requests from Spain and England, but I told him not to bother me anymore - I've made up my mind," Pavel Nedved said.

AFP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)