Pavel Nedved (32 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Nedved had Chelsea option

Midfielder Pavel Nedved has admitted that he rejected an offer from Chelsea after Juventus’ demotion to Serie B.

The former Lazio man decided to stay with the Old Lady following the club’s relegation and insists that he is happy that he didn’t decide to follow the example of those who fled after Calciopoli.

“It’s true, I was contacted by Chelsea and I would have earned a lot of money, but something didn’t convince me,” said Nedved in an interview with Il Corriere dello Sport.

“I’m not regretting that I decided to stay, on the contrary I would never have forgiven myself for escaping,” added the Czech gem.

Nedved’s contract with the Bianconeri expires in 2008, but he has yet to decide on what will happen after that date.

“I have another year on my deal and I will honour it, then I will decide what to do, but I don’t want to make any predictions,” he added.

“I have already been close to hanging up my boots quite a few times so it’s better to live day-by-day.”

The Juventino added that he believes the club needs to strengthen the squad in view of next season if it wants to be immediately competitive at the highest levels.

“Serie A is our objective, there are no others right now,” he noted.

“I am sure we will achieve this result, but the current squad cannot compete for the Scudetto. Nevertheless, I have complete trust in the club’s management.”

Channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)