Pavel Nedved (297 Viewers)

May 25, 2006
“We’ve grown a lot with our recent performances and I’m really happy for the team, but after only four games we’re still adjusting to the reality of Serie B, we’re not fully used to it yet. We have to make sure we continue with the same mentality we’ve shown over the last few games, only then can we truly claim to be the real Juventus. Pavel Nedved was in a reflective mood this afternoon at Vinovo, aware more than anyone that these are still early days. :tongue:

“At -7 there is still a lot of catching up to do. We’re still last even after the way we’ve played recently, so I prefer not to look at the league table. We don’t deserve to be in this position, and we will have to fight until the very end. Luckily we have time on our side with 38 games to go”. Nedved revealed how the team has come to terms with the it’s new surroundings. “By now we’ve accepted our fate. We’re in Serie B with -17 points and there’s no use in looking at what’s happening to the other teams anymore, it wouldn’t be right. I think the decisions of Del Piero and Buffon to stay sent out an important message to the rest of the players and right now, I know everyone here is more than happy to be lending Juve a hand. We’re all in the same boat and we all want to get back to where we were, where we deserve to be”. :sigh:

Despite the change of scenery, the Balon D’Or hasn’t altered his approach. “My job is still the same in Serie B, my motivation hasn’t changed. We might need to study our opponents more as we aren’t necessarily familiar with all the teams we’re up against, but football is football. We haven’t yet fully understood this championship; we know we have to run hard and fight hard, and we know the game is more direct, but we need to match out opponents’ levels of competitiveness and determination if our technique is going to make the difference. Serie B is not simple, it’s a difficult competition on a number of levels, and as footballers, there’s a lot we can learn”. :cap:

The midfielder knows only good, old-fashioned, hard work will do. “We need to fight hard and sweat to score the goals we need to unlock matches. The team we have is more than capable of winning Serie B but our superiority is not as great as people are saying, everyone stands a chance of beating everyone else in this division. As Buffon said, we need to believe in ourselves”. Nedved does not pay too much attention to the media. “We all heard after the Rimini game that we need to get used to the reality of Serie B. After the last three games, everybody is now saying the opposite. For me though, nothing has changed, we have to concentrate on what we’re doing to eliminate this penalty as soon as possible”. :thumbs:

After the events of the summer, public opinion seems to have swayed towards the men in black and white. “I think we’ve become more likeable. Just look at the game against Crotone, a difficult place to play at the best of times. There we were even applauded by the home fans. I enjoyed every minute, it was a real celebration of football, and I think it was then we understood that Juve was not as maligned as we all thought”.
The Bianconeri’s adventure in Serie B has been likened to a rock tour. “I know what you mean, with the fans camped outside the team hotel and the receptions we’ve been getting. Sometimes the opposition players even ask for our shirts during the games! Playing in Serie B has been wonderful but difficult. Having said that, I couldn’t be happier with my decision to stay”. :broken:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
its good to hear that our leaders are keeping things in line and in perspective. i think we the fans and some of our younger players get a lil ahead ourselves but thats why we have buff and pavel onour squad.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Great interview! You know he talks about Alex and Gigi's decision to stay and how they sent a signal to the others....but he downplays his own decision to stay and the impact it had on the team. He even left his NT to focus on playing with Juve. I think he's a real class act and an inspiration for all.
:toast: :thumbs:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
AzzurriGirl said:
Great interview! You know he talks about Alex and Gigi's decision to stay and how they sent a signal to the others....but he downplays his own decision to stay and the impact it had on the team. He even left his NT to focus on playing with Juve. I think he's a real class act and an inspiration for all.
:toast: :thumbs:
:agree: Modesty becomes him. Forza Neddy!:thumbs:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Cheers John :pint:

I was lazy to do it :p

Sometimes I have the energy to do other stuff, like changing thread's names :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We must be gratefull of having players like nedved and the others...

they must become legends ... and be remembered forever in the juventus history!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 292)