Pavel Nedved (14 Viewers)

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
salman said:
does anyone remember who gave nedved that brilliant pass for the goal against madrid in the 02/03 season?i cant seem to recall.
zambrotta man!! it was a brilliant long ball!! This game was for me the best game I ever saw for Juve!Dp's goal was a masterpiece!! Real fans were applauding for us!! zambrotta had an amaizing game & he played on the left the first half & on the right most of the 2nd half!! thuram & buffon,nedved,dp were on fire that game!!!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Pavel doubts Trez loyalty
Sunday 6 August, 2006
After conceding Zlatan Ibrahimovic won’t stay at Juventus, Pavel Nedved fears David Trezeguet will follow.

“Will Trezeguet remain? I won’t believe it until I see him here with my own eyes. So many players were meant to stay at Juve, but we lost quite a few on the way. I hope the exodus ends here.”

Their demotion to Serie B, with the addition of a 17-point penalty for the 2006-07 season, has prompted a massive shake-up in Turin.

With Fabio Cannavaro and Emerson joining former Coach Fabio Capello at Real Madrid, Gianluca Zambrotta and Lilian Thuram moving to Barcelona and Patrick Vieira picked up by Inter, more star names are set to follow.

There are reports in today’s 'Tuttosport’ that a meeting has been planned for next week between Trezeguet and the club.

“David is waiting for Juventus to give him a call,” explained his father and agent Jorge. “He certainly isn’t the one who has to make the first step.”

The Frenchman is Juve’s all-time most prolific foreigner with 125 goals in six seasons and could be handed a wage increase despite the drop into Serie B. He’ll return from his holiday on Friday to begin training and possibly consider an offer from Lyon worth over £3m per season.

The tension remains high in Turin, as Ibrahimovic has threatened legal action to extricate himself from his contract and was fined after refusing to attend a friendly match. Question marks also remain over Trezeguet and Milan target Gianluigi Buffon.

“It isn’t my job to convince Ibrahimovic to stay,” added Nedved, who is the Swede’s roommate in the summer training camp. “My work is playing football and the club cannot expect me to act as a negotiator.”

The Czech midfielder and 2003 Ballon d’Or winner has surprisingly pledged to remain with Juventus and help them to promotion, but realises it’ll be a tough task.

“To get back into Serie A we need the very best Juve, as the name alone won’t be enough. The squad is shrinking day by day, even though we have some talented and promising youngsters. With the 17-point handicap, we’ll need more than that, so quality, experience and above all players who are committed to the project are essential.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like neddy is getting really fed up with the problems that r happening, anyway he is the type of player that likes the football part of the game more.

I really hope he is wrong abt that.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
giovanotti said:
Nice pics ReBeL.:tup:

Neddy was a real attraction there.I hope that his 21 number is just for a preseason.
Me too, btw Bojinov played with Del Piero's number 10 so I'm not worried...
BTW very nice pictures indeed...

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Don't you think he should retire internationally??

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nedved included in Czech squad

PRAGUE, Czech Republic (AP) - Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has been included in the Czech Republic's 18-man squad for next week's friendly against Serbia.

Nedved, who was considering retiring from international soccer after the team's first-round elimination from the World Cup in June, is now set to play his 91st match.

Nedved, who turns 34 this month, came out of international retirement last year to help the Czechs qualify for the World Cup.

Coach Karel Bruckner also called up forward Roman Bednar, who scored twice to lead Hearts 2-1 over Celtic in the Scottish Premier League over the weekend, and defender Tomas Zapotocny of Czech champion Liberec for their first internationals.

Wednesday's game in the eastern town of Uherske Hradiste is the team's only warmup ahead of qualifying for the 2008 European Championship.

Celtic's Jiri Jarosik and Salzburg's Karel Pitak, who has just one cap, are the other two players on the Czech roster for the friendly who did not make the World Cup.

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, who underwent a shoulder surgery after the World Cup, misses out, while striker Milan Baros and midfielder Vladimir Smicer were not included due to injuries.

Veteran midfielder Karel Poborsky was absent after retiring from international soccer after the World Cup.

The Czechs open their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign in a home game against Wales in Teplice on Sept 2. Germany, Slovakia, Ireland, Cyprus and San Marino are the other teams in its Group D.

Associated Press

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
does he still have the knees to play club and country ? i reckon it would be harder for him, but we do have lesser games this season, so thats alrite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)