Paulo Dybala (88 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The whole team sucked in that final. We got it all wrong. We should've come out with more purpose and vigor - momentum was supposed to be on our side, considering we had gotten ourselves back into the game just before HT. Instead, we looked exhausted and deflated. But hey, let's blame it on one player, since it conveniently suits your pathetic narrative.
But isnt that when the supposed 10mil/year stars need to save your ass? Or at least try, do SOMETHING.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
To reiterate what I've said before, I was never really sold on Dybala. He scored a lot of great and important goals but I never really loved him.

It was clear he would never make it to the proper top tier as a player. Rich man's Giovinco

Yeah he was great at times but injury prone 'stars' piss me off. You can't get excited about your team when you never have your best XI in the big games.

I also hate the whole "but they were world class for some periods" defence. If you're only world class for 5 games in a row, you ain't world class.

With all the money in football it should be pretty telling that our #10 leaving on a free went to a broke ass Roma side for a mediocre salary.

Dybala was more talented than probably anybody we have now but between his injuries, inconsistency, only really working in a dead position (SS) & being easy to bully I'm not that bothered really.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Was brilliant for 3 seasons. Had a resurgence in the Sarri season. But has been injured, out of form frequently, inconsistent or anonymous in big matches for the most part since then. Will always love what he did here in those first three seasons, but glad he’s gone and another team’s headache now.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
If he stays fit after his football career. He will retire at the age of 33-34 at max. Might even be going back to Argentina at age of 32 or something. Doubt Saudis will allow him to play in womens league either.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Dybala for half a game is enough to put a lot of the mid to lower teams away like he does for Roma. We are absoltue dog shit and even though Dybala is declining fast, his decline is slower than ours so he'd actually be useful for us.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Dybala for half a game is enough to put a lot of the mid to lower teams away like he does for Roma. We are absoltue dog shit and even though Dybala is declining fast, his decline is slower than ours so he'd actually be useful for us.
That's too little for 10 mil.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
That's too little for 10 mil.
You're right 100%, but money doesn't matter when you buy Weah who's been decent and still start McKennie out of position. I won't even go into Pogba and making Rabiot a top earner just to get bullied by Real Bayern Sassuolo players.

When you have a clueless manager all you can do is throw money at them and pray the players bail him out like they did for Sarri and Pirlo. At least that 10M gets us a top 4 spot.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the problem here is members act as if we got rid of dybala and the play and position of team has improved.

since dybala has left the team has failed to qualify out of CL groups and failed to qualify to CL.

members here though act as if post dybala juve has gone to become CL winners.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
the problem here is members act as if we got rid of dybala and the play and position of team has improved.

since dybala has left the team has failed to qualify out of CL groups and failed to qualify to CL.

It's possible that we haven't improved, yet that Dybala wasn't the answer to our prayers.

These facts are not mutually exclusive.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...failed to qualify to CL.

club failed to qualify for the cl due to a penalty unrelated to sporting matters

i bet that those members who allegedly act like current juve is cl winner material are the same who root for figc according to xperd: they only exist in your heads

again, the problem with dybala wasn't his ability, dedication or performances. it was his wage demands respective to his availability. for 4-5m he's still an excellent player, roma made a good deal with him. but if he stayed at juve for 10m, we'd be pissed at him every single time he inevitably gets injured.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Had Dybala's salary savings gone towards Allegri's severance package then it's worth the sacrifice, but we got Di Maria for a year as Dybala 2.0. Then we renew Rabiot and buy Weah to ride the bench so who cares for the 10M that was supposedly saved?

It's absolutely insane what's happened to Juventus in recent years, it almost feels more destructive than being relegated because at least back then we had a plan. Even Del Neri and Ferrara never felt this everlasting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
club failed to qualify for the cl due to a penalty unrelated to sporting matters

i bet that those members who allegedly act like current juve is cl winner material are the same who root for figc according to xperd: they only exist in your heads

again, the problem with dybala wasn't his ability, dedication or performances. it was his wage demands respective to his availability. for 4-5m he's still an excellent player, roma made a good deal with him. but if he stayed at juve for 10m, we'd be pissed at him every single time he inevitably gets injured.
people keep bringing up his wages compared to his availability. were his wages paid by u or me? no, it's paid by club. his wages were reflective of his demands due to being a key player and a top 10 all time goal scorer.

also since the club decided not to negotiate at all and skip all together offering him a contract why we care what those wage demands were? the club backed off offering him ANY contract. which meant the club decided that he isn't worthy of any offer. they decided that kean and milik and rabiot and pogba are better than dybala.

what happened to this "supposed" 10m saved? pogba signed 30m wasted on his wages. di maria signed 5m wasted on his wages. kean 35m wasted on his wages. renwed rabiot for 16m wasted on his wages. weah signed for 10m fee and 3m wages. sandro renewal wasted wages. de siglio renewal wasted wages. milik signed wasted wages.

all of those is ok, but hey dybala is the problem here? dybala who has done more for club than any of those?

if you argued the club improved since he left then yes, you have a point. the club has not improved. in fact the club has gotten worse and worse. just look how hard it is to get the ball from midfield to attack

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...were his wages paid by u or me? no, it's paid by club...
brilliant, now i wanna see the same argument from you in the allegri bread :kiss: i'm sure you already wrote the exact opposite, but whatever

like price to performance wouldn't matter. of course it does. that's how we ended up with a squad earning twice or 3 times of their deserved wages

and again, letting dybala go wasn't a mistake. the replacements aren't any better, you're right. that doesn't make letting dybala go a bad move. jj should have been much wiser with the replacements. for example julian alvarez even for 2-3 seasons would have been excellent. now our best chance for a proper dybala replacement is soulé who'll have his hair and balls cut by macs once he returns lol

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
brilliant, now i wanna see the same argument from you in the allegri bread :kiss: i'm sure you already wrote the exact opposite, but whatever

like price to performance wouldn't matter. of course it does. that's how we ended up with a squad earning twice or 3 times of their deserved wages

and again, letting dybala go wasn't a mistake. the replacements aren't any better, you're right. that doesn't make letting dybala go a bad move. jj should have been much wiser with the replacements. for example julian alvarez even for 2-3 seasons would have been excellent. now our best chance for a proper dybala replacement is soulé who'll have his hair and balls cut by macs once he returns lol

It's really amazing that you keep falling for it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)