Paulo Dybala (92 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Dybala would be stupid not to continue to play hard. He has to show suitors that he's worth the big money. And he can stay healthy till the end of the year. Will be curious to see how much money he does get. Juve gave Ramsey and Rabiot big contracts as free man. Technically Dybala would also be a free signing by Juve but appears someone at Juve says the buck stops at Dybala. Unfortunate for #10 because no doubt he's worth more than Ramsey or Rabiot.
:mauri:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dybala would be stupid not to continue to play hard. He has to show suitors that he's worth the big money. And he can stay healthy till the end of the year. Will be curious to see how much money he does get. Juve gave Ramsey and Rabiot big contracts as free man. Technically Dybala would also be a free signing by Juve but appears someone at Juve says the buck stops at Dybala. Unfortunate for #10 because no doubt he's worth more than Ramsey or Rabiot.
:mauri:
By your logic, our entire squad would be at 7M+

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
By your logic, our entire squad would be at 7M+
Not at all my friend. IMO those two contracts screwed up Juve's salary structure. I'm glad Dybala isn't getting the big contract only because of injury concerns and not lack of production like Ram and Rob. Just saying if Juve continued giving out those crazy FREE salaries Dybala would no doubt be in line to get one.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Not at all my friend. IMO those two contracts screwed up Juve's salary structure. I'm glad Dybala isn't getting the big contract only because of injury concerns and not lack of production like Ram and Rob. Just saying if Juve continued giving out those crazy FREE salaries Dybala would no doubt be in line to get one.
Imo it started earlier. A freebie Khedira coming from Real Madrid got 4.5M iirc. We offered Pogba 7M, Higuain got 7M, Dybala got 7M. And that was all fine. But then we got Emre Can on 5M, who was a bench player for Liverpool. And gave him a huge commission. At the time we signed him, he was 3rd highest paid player for us I think. Now, he was a fine rotation player but overpriced a lot. Extensions, Bonucci got 7.5M (2.5M raise) at age 32-33, Rugani got 3M for not playing for months, AS got a extension, more than doubling his wages. Szczesny too. Ramsey and Rabiot are just part of the problem, not the problem.

But my point, just because we screwed up, we don't have to keep doing it. Healthy Dybala is worth more than 7M a year for sure, but he's not been reliable enough to commit a huge contract to him. I rather we focus on getting younger and cheaper, and start getting rid of the overpaid shit. Dybala at 24, before he signed his extension, would have gotten you 70-80M for sure. Same summer Liverpool bought Salah from Roma for 40M, who the management liked a lot. Or some other players, I'm sure there were more gems that I don't remember. I like Pogba but look at him after we sold him. If we didn't there is no way we get so much.

Imo, these "stars" (in their heads) aren't worth keeping for big salaries, so always sell. Guys like Chiesa, Mandzukic, Lichtsteiner, give me those kind of right mentality players

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Not really. Don't think there was a lack of effort from his side yesterday. Infact at times I felt he was more motivated yesterday than any of his previous games.

It's just that his current level is not good enough.
yeah, he looked motivated, but he is limited player, will do wonderful play from time to time, but his main treat are his long shots, which as always are a hit or miss.
Also i wonder what has happened with our freekicks, liek 3 years ago, free kick like the one yesterday was almost a pen for Dybala, but lately i cant even remember last one he scored.
Seems like after Ronaldo reign we lost that free kick threat.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
maybe not finished, but inconsistent and rarely shows up in this kind of games anyway. Should really do better in what was probably his last derby ditalia (still can play them in coppa though).
And saying this, i think i would prefer us to start with trio in midielfd - Loca, Rabiot and Zakaria and bench him, we would have even more control in the center

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
maybe not finished, but inconsistent and rarely shows up in this kind of games anyway. Should really do better in what was probably his last derby ditalia (still can play them in coppa though).
And saying this, i think i would prefer us to start with trio in midielfd - Loca, Rabiot and Zakaria and bench him, we would have even more control in the center
LY2.gif

coming-to-america-coming-to-america-movie.gif

Strickland

May 17, 2019
yesterday didn't like his approach to the AM position in 4231. he's got Morata and Dusan infront of him making runs and instead of passing and creating he repeatedly goes for hollywood shots that result in goals maybe once in 50 tries

Darkhorse

Aug 11, 2013
That moment when he didn't pass to Vlahovic who was alone was the last nail in the coffin.
And other players were greedy in the past too, but they would rise to the occasion and redeem themselves. Not this ugly haircut punk.

Sent from my ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)