• Poll closed .
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30,724
    7 goals in 19 matches is terrible. That works out to 14 goals in 38 matches. C’mon dude. Icardi is a massive flop for 3 years now. And we’re gonna give him a break for his injuries which haven’t held him out near as much as Dybala’s this year, but not give Dybala a break for his? :lol:
    Not good but not terrible either.

15 matches in league and he has 5 goals and 4 assists. Morata has 8 goals and 10 assists but he has 700 minutes more on the pitch.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    No one is saying to replace him with Icardi but we do need to replace him, cause the alternative is renewing and getting stuck with an OK player on high wages for years.
    Both Dybala and Ronaldo would need replacing within a year anyways.

Sensible thing to do at this point is renew Morata loan, get a backup like Scamacca and bolster the midfield with Dybala's sale. But what we are more likely to see is an Icardi-Dybala swap and Tici getting a free Calhanoglu to 'bolster' the midfield to continue with his tradition of more patchwork signings.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30,727
    All those goals against bottom half teams. When he played CL, when everyone else was injured, he looked terrible.
    So now we're gonna look against who he scored? lol. A while ago people were saying you win titles against shit clubs (which is true) but now all of a sudden his goals don't matter? Come on.

When he played in CL? He literally had two matches only.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Not good but not terrible either.

15 matches in league and he has 5 goals and 4 assists. Morata has 8 goals and 10 assists but he has 700 minutes more on the pitch.
    it's the french league, bro. remember how zlatan used to score double figures there by christmas?

icardi didn't play in the cl because he was unavailable. the exact same reason why dybala hasn't been scoring this season: injuries. yet some would approve him instead of dybala.

i'd take a healthy dybala over a healthy icardi anytime. and i'm not even against selling dybala - but nobody could show me a proper and available replacement. the crippled dickhead icardi is certainly isn't one.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    So now we're gonna look against who he scored? lol. A while ago people were saying you win titles against shit clubs (which is true) but now all of a sudden his goals don't matter? Come on.
    I never agreed with this, it was my reason for disliking Llorente as well. Last season Dybala scored 11 goals in Serie A, which isn't a lot either but it was decisive because he scored against the nearest rivals, scored against Inter (both matches), Atalanta, Milan. For me, matches against nearest rivals are 6 pointers, not only you win but make sure your rival don't get any in that round.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30,730
    it's the french league, bro. remember how zlatan used to score double figures there by christmas?

icardi didn't play in the cl because he was unavailable. the exact same reason why dybala hasn't been scoring this season: injuries. yet some would approve him instead of dybala.

i'd take a healthy dybala over a healthy icardi anytime. and i'm not even against selling dybala - but nobody could show me a proper and available replacement. the crippled dickhead icardi is certainly isn't one.
    The difference is when we played Dybala he was one of the worst players on pitch period. Of course I take his injuries into consideration but he was beyond horrible.

Having said that, such performance doesn't justify a new contract he's asking. Makes no sense to pay over 10mln on a guy like Dybala.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
    The difference is when we played Dybala he was one of the worst players on pitch period. Of course I take his injuries into consideration but he was beyond horrible.

Having said that, such performance doesn't justify a new contract he's asking. Makes no sense to pay over 10mln on a guy like Dybala.
    Dybala at his worst = an average Icardi performance in the last few years

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
    I'm biased, but in my opinion certainly not, I'll give you two examples why I think so. :p

Lewa is not just the striker of the decade imo (in close competition with Suarez), but also one of the best strikers ever. In terms of pure skills, ability to read the game, positioning, finishing, stamina, mentality and of course longevity is he just amazing.

Of course him and Lewa can't be compared as Lewa is a physical strong striker and Dybala playing more as a CAM/SS.

But to the point concerning Dybala: 3-4 years ago I actually wanted Dybala at Bayern, I thought he'd be the next big thing. If the German media was to be believed KHR was a big admire of Dybala and thought of the idea of Bayern trying to get him.

There's no question regarding the talent of Dybala but I'm not convinced he will get much better at this point. He's also (27-28?), so he won't really develop anymore and this year he seems to have stagnated also because of injuries.

He want 15 mio a year? Juve shouldn't give him that. I don't know what his current salary is, but he should get 11-12 mio max as things stand imo.
    Agree. Lewa is a top, top striker.

15 mill :agree: It's amazing that nobody told him how crazy that sounds. His agent is an idiot.

Some people don't understand why he has to go, I will tell, because he is unreliable and toxic, that's why.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    I don't think he's asking for 15 million, possibly close to 12 million if that.

Now, as Juventus, I'd tell him, here's a proposal for you Mr. Dybala.

Score 20+ goals and 5 CL goals, and we'll give you 11 million + bonuses that you desire/crave. If not, then you will get 9 million + bonuses for the 2022 - 2023 season. Incentive based contract dependent on number of games played, goals scored, assists provided, and team achievements. Set the base at 9 million, potentially rising to 12+ depending on individual and team achievements.
    Yes and then he doesn't score those 20 goals and doesn't want 9M so he leaves for free. He either renews soon or he's gone in the summer, it's pretty clear by now imo

- - - Updated - - -

Did you read what Toni said about Ronaldo, or are you just going to nitpick and select quotes that suit your narrative?

- - - Updated - - -

Give me 1/50th of what Tootsie is making and I will guarantee a Juventus CL in in the next 10 years and build a more competitive squad :p :b81: :stuckup:
    Badass will shit on you each day, so you have that one going for yourself already. Might be good

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Yes and then he doesn't score those 20 goals and doesn't want 9M so he leaves for free. He either renews soon or he's gone in the summer, it's pretty clear by now imo

- - - Updated - - -

Badass will shit on you each day, so you have that one going for yourself already. Might be good
    My strategy will be simple. Any player Sadass proposes, I will definitely not consider :p :b81:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
    Homer voice:
    Icardi has been bad but when you think about it, he's also been great.
    Morata creates more G+A but Alvaro sucks and Icardi rocks.
    Icardi is playing in a league even worst than serie A but at the same time better.
    Paulo is having a bad season and Icardi almost 4 by now so obviously 4 is better than 1
    Merda did the impossible to force him out but deep down, they wanted him to stay

LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 335)