Paulo Dybala (140 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Icardi couldn't be as bad as Dybala in this season. I don't think we'd have any problems. If anything we'd score more goals.
PSG have far more creative talent than we do, and Icardi can barely score any goals when Neymar and Verratti are creating for him. He's not going to do shit in this current Juve team, other than piss off Ronaldo with his playing style.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Read what Agnelli said.
that doesn't contain a single number.

15m was invented by some journalist, yet some of you don't even question it, it became the cornerstone of the dybala out mantra :boh:

Icardi couldn't be as bad as Dybala in this season.
he's been injured 5 times already this season, and still counting. zero goals in the cl, 5 in the league, mostly against crotone level teams (only marseille from the top10). benched by kean. even if you disregard his shitty personality (which is a huge warning sign already and no sports director should ignore it), he's not a wise investment. we should absolutely stay away.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Regarding Dybala: I respect you guys' loyalty to him, but trust me you will forget him the moment he's gone.
This won't be like the Vidal or Pogba sales.
Dybala is a bigger Juve legend than either Pogba or Vidal, especially Pogba.

As for missing him, we've already seen how shit we are this season without him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:rofl: :howler:

Last time I checked 15 million and 20-22 million aren't exactly the same thing, and this is provided Dybala actually asked for 15 million, of which there is no concrete evidence.

So, how is asking for potentially 10 million less than Lewa make him almost as good? Baffling really.

Considering how much Ramsey, Rabiot, Bonucci and Pogba earn, I'd say it's well within his rights to ask for 10 million.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30,707
    that doesn't contain a single number.

15m was invented by some journalist, yet some of you don't even question it, it became the cornerstone of the dybala out mantra :boh:

he's been injured 5 times already this season, and still counting. zero goals in the cl, 5 in the league, mostly against crotone level teams (only marseille from the top10). benched by kean. even if you disregard his shitty personality (which is a huge warning sign already and no sports director should ignore it), he's not a wise investment. we should absolutely stay away.
    19 games and 7 goals and 6 assists. Not saying it's amazing but it's not shit either. He barely played in CL too.

PSG have far more creative talent than we do, and Icardi can barely score any goals when Neymar and Verratti are creating for him. He's not going to do shit in this current Juve team, other than piss off Ronaldo with his playing style.
    So you'd want someone who'd be a marginal improvement over current version of Dybala?

I would've been convinced this would be the right move 3 years ago. Not now. It's not a good sign when Pocchettino prefers a young rookie like Kean over him.
    I didn't say I'd want Icardi. I said we wouldn't lose anything.

Oh and just because he's not great at PSG doesn't mean he's not a good player. Many players choked in other teams. But Icardi's record isn't that bad as for his stay in Paris. But please, stop pretending like he was shit at Inter. He did great.

Whenever you think he's a bad striker just look at his spell at Inter. If we had him instead of Ronaldo (which I'm not suggesting we should do, no), he'd score shitload of goals.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    If the club has offered him a wage that puts him in the top 20 earners in europe, then it must be a good offer. If he can get more elsewhere and wants to leave then so be it. The club shouldn't be forced to pay more.

The one thing I will say is that if the club puts their foot down on the dybala situation I most certainly hope they sort out our imbalanced salary list this summer.

This is the situation the club has put itself in. Lets not shit on the individual players...no one was shit canning dybala last season...its only now because of the contract situation which again the club itself has played a major role in.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
    The Icardi obsession from some who want Dybala gone is fucking bizarre. :lol:
    What I find even more baffling is that these people are willing to use Icardi’s form with Inter (3 years ago now) as an argument to why he’s still good, but simultaneously dismiss Dybala because he’s had one bad season, even though he was great last year.

Icardi at this point doesn’t score any more goals than Morata, and he’s a significantly worse footballer than him, and he doesn’t suit Ronaldo.

There is zero point in buying him.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
    So is Dybala almost as good as Lewa? The answer is no.
    I'm biased, but in my opinion certainly not, I'll give you two examples why I think so. :p

Lewa is not just the striker of the decade imo (in close competition with Suarez), but also one of the best strikers ever. In terms of pure skills, ability to read the game, positioning, finishing, stamina, mentality and of course longevity is he just amazing.

Of course him and Lewa can't be compared as Lewa is a physical strong striker and Dybala playing more as a CAM/SS.

But to the point concerning Dybala: 3-4 years ago I actually wanted Dybala at Bayern, I thought he'd be the next big thing. If the German media was to be believed KHR was a big admire of Dybala and thought of the idea of Bayern trying to get him.

There's no question regarding the talent of Dybala but I'm not convinced he will get much better at this point. He's also (27-28?), so he won't really develop anymore and this year he seems to have stagnated also because of injuries.

He want 15 mio a year? Juve shouldn't give him that. I don't know what his current salary is, but he should get 11-12 mio max as things stand imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    What I find even more baffling is that these people are willing to use Icardi’s form with Inter (3 years ago now) as an argument to why he’s still good, but simultaneously dismiss Dybala because he’s had one bad season, even though he was great last year.

Icardi at this point doesn’t score any more goals than Morata, and he’s a significantly worse footballer than him, and he doesn’t suit Ronaldo.

There is zero point in buying him.
    His last season at Inter, he was complete ass. He had 17 goals - 5 assists in 2972 minutes in all comps. Meanwhile, Morata with 17 goals-12 assists in 2459 minutes this season and people saying he’s shit.

You have to go back to 2017-18 to find Icardi’s last good season. 4 years ago.

But sure let’s replace our strikers with this toxic shithead. :baus:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    19 games and 7 goals and 6 assists. Not saying it's amazing but it's not shit either. He barely played in CL too.

I didn't say I'd want Icardi. I said we wouldn't lose anything.

Oh and just because he's not great at PSG doesn't mean he's not a good player. Many players choked in other teams. But Icardi's record isn't that bad as for his stay in Paris. But please, stop pretending like he was shit at Inter. He did great.

Whenever you think he's a bad striker just look at his spell at Inter. If we had him instead of Ronaldo (which I'm not suggesting we should do, no), he'd score shitload of goals.
    But we are still talking about a player who was at his best 3 years ago. Then he has a fallout, goes to a club with some of the best creative players in world football around him, fares poorly and gets benched by a rookie CF who's on loan.
    I wanted Icardi 3 years ago before we bought Ronaldo but I am not convinced of the current version of Icardi just like how you are not convinced by the current version of Dybala and want him gone.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30,715
    But we are still talking about a player who was at his best 3 years ago. Then he has a fallout, goes to a club with some of the best creative players in world football around him, fares poorly and gets benched by a rookie CF who's on loan.
    I wanted Icardi 3 years ago before we bought Ronaldo but I am not convinced of the current version of Icardi just like how you are not convinced by the current version of Dybala and want him gone.
    It's true he's not playing much at PSG but he's not that bad in Paris. He does score. It's injuries that screwed him over imo.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    It's true he's not playing much at PSG but he's not that bad in Paris. He does score. It's injuries that screwed him over imo.
    But does that justify swapping Dybala for him? Its the only way we get him. Through a swap deal.
    And its not like he's going to be cheap. His wages will likely be higher than what Dybala's currently earning.
    We're better off swapping Dybala for a position that desperately needs reinforcing like the midfield.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30,717
    But does that justify swapping Dybala for him? Its the only way we get him. Through a swap deal.
    And its not like he's going to be cheap. His wages will likely be higher than what Dybala's currently earning.
    We're better off swapping Dybala for a position that desperately needs reinforcing like the midfield.
    I agree 100%.

I just believe Icardi is a lot better than what people give him credit for. They it make it sound like he's shit.

Dybala's wages and asking wages are crazy. If Icardi doesn't justify high wages then Dybala doesn't just as well.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    7 goals in 19 matches is terrible. That works out to 14 goals in 38 matches. C’mon dude. Icardi is a massive flop for 3 years now. And we’re gonna give him a break for his injuries which haven’t held him out near as much as Dybala’s this year, but not give Dybala a break for his? :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 116)