Paulo Dybala (135 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I agree with that completely.

But in my opinion, if Dybala had a midfield of Isco-Modric-Kroos feeding him, his UCL record would look a lot better than it currently does.

On the other hand, would Ronaldo have had the success he did from 2014-2018 with Matuidi and Khedira behind him?

That's my point.
Thats valid too. Sadly, we have wasted some good years of Dybala because of the reason you mentioned and other things ill not even bring because i dont feel like.
But also take in account that CR7 was also supported by that midfield you mentioned and he made things work for him anyways. It shows how resilent he is against mediocrity. But thats fine, he is CR7 and comparisons with him are very unfair, as he is simply exceptional.

What is important now, is that it SEEMS that Dybala will have great support behind him, and this is something i always wanted to see personally. because all this years Dybala has not been godly to be honest, but is also true that he have been conditioned by the men behind him.

I have the feeling that , if pirlo find a way to make all of our top players have fun and play their best..... Dybala specially can show us what his real prime could be like.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Thats valid too. Sadly, we have wasted some good years of Dybala because of the reason you mentioned and other things ill not even bring because i dont feel like.
What I find most frustrating is that we discovered Dybala in the same summer our MVPP midfield broke up. Apart from his first season here (with Pogba and Marchisio), he has had mostly scraps to work with. There's a reason why so many Dybala goals are from outside the box, it's because our midfield (for years now) has been unable to create clear cut chances on a regular basis.

Misread. You were referring to success
Ronaldo will always score Champions League goals because he turns into a completely different animal when the CL anthem plays. However, even he cannot carry Khedira and Matuidi to UCL glory. There's only so much an attacker can do individually.

Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, Xabi Alonso, Paul Scholes... those are the kind of central midfielders Ronaldo won his previous UCL trophies with.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nope, Dybi - Morata - Berna is. :agree:
Turdeski looks like a drug addict. He needs help, both on and off the pitch.

- - - Updated - - -

I see the retarded "shitting on Dybala season" has already begun even before he has kicked a ball in earnest. Ungrateful fuckers stay away from this thread. Go find meaning and purpose in your pathetic existences or something.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What I find most frustrating is that we discovered Dybala in the same summer our MVPP midfield broke up. Apart from his first season here (with Pogba and Marchisio), he has had mostly scraps to work with. There's a reason why so many Dybala goals are from outside the box, it's because our midfield (for years now) has been unable to create clear cut chances on a regular basis.

Ronaldo will always score Champions League goals because he turns into a completely different animal when the CL anthem plays. However, even he cannot carry Khedira and Matuidi to UCL glory. There's only so much an attacker can do individually.

Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, Xabi Alonso, Paul Scholes... those are the kind of central midfielders Ronaldo won his previous UCL trophies with.
We just can hope Pirlo will get things right this time.

At least for me, is reasurring that Pirlo came and right away ditched all those players i despised with passion, specially in the midfield. On top of that, he is asking for players that are exactly the players i was asking. This is a very strong signal that like us, Pirlo was seeing the deficiencies of this team in the last seasons and simply coudnt take it anymore.

For example, his Mackennie signing is super interesting. In prwevious season, i was always whinning about how Juventus cant ask for his DM (Matuidi) to be a player who can have the minimum ball playing skill. I mean, i was not asking juve to buy a prime vieira or Vidal.. but man there are a lot of physical midfielders out there who have an idea of how to control a ball. For years, people here were defending that player nonstop while i was pulling my hair everytime he kicked a ball.

Fast forward to Pirlo and the first thing he does was the obvious... to ged rid of that player and find someone like Mckennie... who came out of the blue, nothing special.. BUT it seems the guy have the exact characteristics that Pirlo need in his destroyer, and one of them is a proffesional level of passing range. You cant simply have midfielders who dont know how to take the ball somewhere. That conditions players like dybala and ronaldo to drop deep.

Hopefully we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This is actually not true tbh.

2014 final
2016 final
2018 final

Ronaldo didn't do anything noteworthy in any of these games. 2017 is actually the only final for Real Madrid where he did show up. Ronaldo is statistically speaking the best UCL player ever, but that does not make him immune from bad performances in big games. No one is immune from bad performances.

But the thing is, when Ronaldo did not perform in those finals, Real Madrid had players like Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Luka Modric, and Gareth Bale who would take over the game. When Dybala did not perform in the Cardiff we lost 4-1, because we simply did not have the same quality that Real Madrid did.

Football is a team sport and teams who rely too much on certain individuals will always fail against well-oiled machines.
Ronaldo's goalscoring record in the knockout phase is absolutely astronomical. You can go ahead and single out finals. One of those he was barely fit again and not in great form by the way.

You keep cherry picking. Ronaldo is known for his knockout record and we saw last year how he continues to turn up.

2 finals where he was fit but not very noticeable ain't changing that.

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
What position will Dybala play if we continue with the formation from last match? Will him and Ramsey and Kulu compete for 1 spot and Morata partner Ronaldo upfront? Or Morata and Dybala will compete for the #9 position?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Does this mean he could be available against Roma?
Doubt it, would be plain odd(if not straight stupid) to risk him again, just remember what happened in the 2nd leg vs Lyon... at least that time it was a do or die game where we had not much of a choice but this time it's just Roma so there's absolutely no need for it, we have good enough options to deal with them even without Dybala atm.

- - - Updated - - -

What's important to take from that news is that he will be back sooner rather than later, if you'd ask me i'd say he will probably need at least another week to get back to normal rhytms without having to force it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)