Paulo Dybala (41 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I have the feeling Kulu is going to turn heads here shortly and Dybala is going to feel rushed to get back and result in a relapse.
How about you have a nice hot cup of STFU? :p :baus: :tup:

Shouldn't you be out celebrating that we signed your favorite fossil?

We know you're, surreptitiously, a Dybala hater. Just let him recover in peace and leave the hating until he actually comes back and has a bad game. Thank you.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Dybala on a bad game, literally is completely gone, loses the ball everywhere, and creates next to no danger.
The team has better and worse games, but Dybala is repeadedly beeing inconsistant, to a degree it becomes very noticable

literally any other player in the team has some base aspects he's fulfilling, and doing some extra things.
Are you claiming that Dybala’s floor level is lower than anyone else’s? Because if you are that’s nonsense.

Dybala, even on his worst days can do some great skills or score a random golazo. Most of the other players on our team, when they are bad are truly horrific. Cuadrado fits your description a lot better than Dybala. When Cuadrado has a bad day he makes me want to gauge my eyes out (although Cuads has been great since his move to fullback).

Dybala scored 17 goals last season. Ronaldo scored 22 non-penalty goals. Dybala had a lot more assists than anyone else. He was voted MVP of the season. Dybala is our top scorer of the 2010s decade.

Ungrateful fans.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Are you claiming that Dybala’s floor level is lower than anyone else’s? Because if you are that’s nonsense.

Dybala, even on his worst days can do some great skills or score a random golazo. Most of the other players on our team, when they are bad are truly horrific. Cuadrado fits your description a lot better than Dybala. When Cuadrado has a bad day he makes me want to gauge my eyes out (although Cuads has been great since his move to fullback).

Dybala scored 17 goals last season. Ronaldo scored 22 non-penalty goals. Dybala had a lot more assists than anyone else. He was voted MVP of the season. Dybala is our top scorer of the 2010s decade.

Ungrateful fans.
That absolutely doesnt change anything to what i'm saying.

I said he was inconsistant and his match day quality is unpredictable.

Yeah in a league he'll score plenty because he'll have a certain amount of good games.
In the knockout stages or 4 team group phase, inconsistancy at the wrong time, sends you out.

bringing in Ronaldo ? Fucking ridiculous. Yeah Ronaldo doesnt score that many league goals. He however ALWAYS shows up in the big critical games. His CL knockout stage performance and record is absolutely ridiculous.

You literally just made the worst possible argument against my point : Quality will always show itself in a long league season. Inconsistancy and unpredictable match day quality wont show that much in league, but will critically show in the CL

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
bringing in Ronaldo ? Fucking ridiculous. Yeah Ronaldo doesnt score that many league goals. He however ALWAYS shows up in the big critical games. His CL knockout stage performance and record is absolutely ridiculous.
This is actually not true tbh.

2014 final
2016 final
2018 final

Ronaldo didn't do anything noteworthy in any of these games. 2017 is actually the only final for Real Madrid where he did show up. Ronaldo is statistically speaking the best UCL player ever, but that does not make him immune from bad performances in big games. No one is immune from bad performances.

But the thing is, when Ronaldo did not perform in those finals, Real Madrid had players like Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Luka Modric, and Gareth Bale who would take over the game. When Dybala did not perform in the Cardiff we lost 4-1, because we simply did not have the same quality that Real Madrid did.

Football is a team sport and teams who rely too much on certain individuals will always fail against well-oiled machines.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This is actually not true tbh.

2014 final
2016 final
2018 final

Ronaldo didn't do anything noteworthy in any of these games. 2017 is actually the only final for Real Madrid where he did show up. Ronaldo is statistically speaking the best UCL player ever, but that does not make him immune from bad performances in big games. No one is immune from bad performances.

But the thing is, when Ronaldo did not perform in those finals, Real Madrid had players like Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Luka Modric, and Gareth Bale who would take over the game. When Dybala did not perform in the Cardiff we lost 4-1, because we simply did not have the same quality that Real Madrid did.

Football is a team sport and teams who rely too much on certain individuals will always fail against well-oiled machines.
Well, at the very least , with Juve he has been outstanding in critical games and as clutch as he can be.

I cant ask more for him to be honest.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Well, at the very least , with Juve he has been outstanding in critical games and as clutch as he can be.
I agree with that completely.

But in my opinion, if Dybala had a midfield of Isco-Modric-Kroos feeding him, his UCL record would look a lot better than it currently does.

On the other hand, would Ronaldo have had the success he did from 2014-2018 with Matuidi and Khedira behind him?

That's my point.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I agree with that completely.

But in my opinion, if Dybala had a midfield of Isco-Modric-Kroos feeding him, his UCL record would look a lot better than it currently does.

On the other hand, would Ronaldo have had the success he did from 2014-2018 with Matuidi and Khedira behind him?

That's my point.
He scored all of our 7 knockout goals the last two years. I call bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

Misread. You were referring to success

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 26)