Paulo Dybala (109 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I see less bickering between my female collegues than here. Bunch of women, yall :p
I'm pretty sure I've seen you involved in a fair bit of bickering, my love, especially under your old name. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the dude inviting us to Norway to supposedly beat us up?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Wait, what? Did this actually happen? :rofl:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Post Ironic, that's how I read this, been aggro every page and his parting comment is this, double meaning but hes been nothing but fake machismo hostile so doubt its polite intentions. Sounds hilariously random.

Edit 2: banned from thread. Good work mods, and Osman, if you ever come to Norway then dont forget to visit me. I will give you one hell of a time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Too much. :lol:

I get having favourite players, and criticizing players when underperforming, and to be honest a large percentage of our players deserved criticism this year... but to spam all over the forum with anti-Dybala nonsense for weeks, if not months, now, is just getting a little ridiculous.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Sure it has its limits, but blatant fanboyism is equally bad. I mean you should be able to criticize players without making it personal. But also people often choose sides so they either criticize or praise some players, its like their mission so they have to be proven right and others wrong, join little alliances, hence the source of bickering (not entirely without fault here :p). Wth just comment as it goes, sometimes I like every player here, and sometimes I hate every single one of them. After the horror show against Ajax, I swear Id like to kick few of them, especially when I see them running their mouth. :)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well, it depends on the system. If you're isolated and play far away from goal, of course your end product is going to suffer. We have no attacking identity. We rely on CR7, which is fine, but aside from crosses and headers, there's no movement or link-up play between our forwards (Mandzu and CR7 aside).

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
@Vlad @Gigiventus I agree with both of you. His attitude is something that has popped up as an issue a few times, but there's no doubt he loves the club and it must be difficult to be our no 10 and be relegated to the bench often.

The problem with the whole "he doesn't fit the system" argument is that this season we've barely had a system. And if that ostensible system depends on an aging mandzukic and Ronaldo (goat or no goat he has got at most 2 years of top performance in him) then that system should be thought about a bit more.

If we sell dybala, there's no way we can replace him with someone of similar age and potential for a similar price. Allegri has changed formation and system many times, maybe it's time to try a 352 or 442 with dybala and ronaldo as a pair.

Kean might be the next henry who knows, but it is far too early to call, youth dont develop linearly, why would we risk any of it by getting rid of Dybala if we can't replace him with someone better? He is not the reason we lost in CL. In fact, group stage Dybala was as close to the real dybala we got this season.
i agree with this...

- - - Updated - - -

lets bring a midfield and wait for a better outcome.

I can give the excuse for both Allegri and Dybala, because our core in the middle is the main reason that we are not able to do better. and the outcome is too much naked defense and also exhausted ineffective attack.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Ok, just for the sake of it - how is Zidane, someone who became a manager yesterday, going to magically turn Dybala into a world beater in this current Real Madrid team? What secrets does this magician Zidane know that a 51 year old Allegri is unaware of?

Also, in one of the poorest, if not THE poorest seasons that Real has had in last decade, why would they turn their attention to an off-form underperforming Juventus bench player and hope their coach will then work with him and make him world class? Why dont they just sign an already performing at a WC level player? You know, like they usually do since forever...

The most prestigious club that can have a real interest and could afford to buy Dybala is Man United if (or when) they fail to qualify for the Champions League. Atletico Madrid is another option if they target him, and thats pretty much it. it`s not serious and objective to link him with clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, they would be pretty amateurish to spend that kind of money for an attacker who`s at least a level below their standard - and I am one of those who like Paulo, I even consider myself a fan of him, but the harsh reality is that his last year and a half has been a mix of steps - backwards and sideways, but never forward, and you cant just blame it on the coach. And if you do, then you are no different than a mother who thinks her kid is so special, so talented and so smart that she blames the child`s teachers every time her prodigy gets a poor grade (or a non-A grade even).

If I was a Barca/Real/Bayern fan I wouldnt be excited or thrilled by the news that my club is going to pay close to 100 mil for a player like Dybala in the summer of 2019. I would have loved that in 2017 for example, but not now...
So Dybala is no good yet we are going to ask for 100m plus for him...that doesn't make sense. Real had a poor season but Zidane won a tournament a couple of times while our 51yr old manager hasn't been able to, even with the great ronaldo.

Here is one for you to think about...our 51 yr old is a stubborn manager who is reluctant to play football that suits what is one of our best squads in a long time and in the world. Our 51 yr old manager has won a league that most other managers could have won if they were at juve. You put Allegri on a pedestal and I'm not sure why.

Allegri should be getting a shitload more out of this team than he has this season. He has failed. Winning lo scudetto again doesn't impress me when our bench players would easily walk into the starting line ups of any team in serie A.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
What you failed to mention though, is that Zidane had a golden generation of Real Madrid players at his disposal (stacked with WC players, even on the bench), with an absolute worldclass midfield, something our 51 yr old manager can only dream about. But that wasn't by accident i guess.

We shouldn't have went out against Ajax, but don't make our team better than it is. It's among the best right now, but doesn't compete at all to the Real Madrid team Zidane was coaching.

Last edited:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
So Dybala is no good yet we are going to ask for 100m plus for him...that doesn't make sense. Real had a poor season but Zidane won a tournament a couple of times while our 51yr old manager hasn't been able to, even with the great ronaldo.

Here is one for you to think about...our 51 yr old is a stubborn manager who is reluctant to play football that suits what is one of our best squads in a long time and in the world. Our 51 yr old manager has won a league that most other managers could have won if they were at juve. You put Allegri on a pedestal and I'm not sure why.

Allegri should be getting a shitload more out of this team than he has this season. He has failed. Winning lo scudetto again doesn't impress me when our bench players would easily walk into the starting line ups of any team in serie A.
Its not quite what I was going for, but lets discuss.

You did not answer how would Zidane transform Dybala into a monster player, which was my question. "Off-form underperforming Juventus bench player" were my words regarding Dybala of today, you changed that to "no good Dybala", which is different and not true as a statement. Paulo is a player with great skillset, something we witnessed in his early Juve days but don`t see now, he is also a very popular and marketable face, even in his current form his sell price should/would be around 100m, maybe some millions shy of 100 but still closer to 100 than 50. My statement was that an "off-form underperforming Juventus bench player" worth around 100m would be a gamble for the absolute top clubs like Real, Barca, Bayern as there are no guarantees that Dybala would explode and flourish if he changes clubs/countries, hence why I suggested that those clubs would prefer to go after someone who`s been in top form and splash the cash on him.

Zidane won a tournament couple of times with Ronaldo on beast form + several other WC performing players, constant luck on their side and the precious support of the refs. Everytime they needed a little extra push from the refs they got it, Atletico, Bayern, Juve, PSG, etc... doesn`t matter who they played against. With all of this on your side, "most other managers could have won if they were at Real M", not just Zidane. I would say that you put Zinedine on a pedestal and I`m not sure why.

The rest about Max is your personal feelings and opinion, which is also not a fact and not true as a statement. I don`t know what "shitload more out of this team" means, a treble with no draws, no losses, 56 official games - 56 wins? Tiki taka football with 5 goals average per game? And he has failed? He wins another silverware, 5th title in a row, his 11th trophy with Juve in 5 years, but since that doesn`t impress you lets label him a failure. Sure, that makes sense.

He is a world class manager with exceptional record and rich trophy cabinet, he is in top 3 managers in Juventus history and en route to become the absolute best manager in the club`s history, but I guess it`s fine if he is a failure in your eyes. It`s typical for modern day to undermine and diminish someone`s hard work and achievements while sitting on your couch in your underwear thinking "Yeah, I could do this and that, I would do that better if only I was in that position...". Great.

All of you who don`t appreciate the current coach and are calling for his head are in for an unpleasant surprise when the new coach eventually comes and fails to deliver silverware on a regular and constant basis, as IF there are better managers than Allegri, they can be counted on Ser Davos Seaworth`s right hand and with him/them currently unavailable the chances are that we would end up with inferior successor for Max, which would logically lead to inferior results and performances and fewer trophies. But hey, maybe then we will remember those unimpressive and underwhelming, but record-breaking title-winning seasons we once had and comfort ourselves that at least we play attractive and beautiful football. Yeah...

Jul 13, 2010
But he's our jewel... Being all serious, I had utmost confidence he will co-exist with ronaldo beautifully, did not materialise, was being switched on the field from position to position, lost his place to berna, who is not a superhero also. We are in shambles and primarily we need a midfielder to fix this. Ndombele, kante or pogba should come with that money and I think we will be better on paper.

Where would be Juve without French players through history? Nowhere. Let's Bring them in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 73)