Paulo Dybala (346 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
See, I don't buy that. Allegri was his coach from the beginning, it's not like he came here this season.

Allegri was good enough for Dybala to develop and become this great player in the eyes of many, but now all of a sudden he's stopping him from something?
Exactly why he’s regressing instead of evolving. His development was put to a stop. This guy should be nowhere near the defense, he should never been playing as deep as he’s forced to under Allegri. I honestly think even when was doing good here it was still just glimpses of his real talent and what he’s capable of achieving.

I haven’t given up on him because my guts tell me under a different system, instructions and role he could still flourish, but it won’t be here.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Exactly why he’s regressing instead of evolving. His development was put to a stop. This guy should be nowhere near the defense, he should never been playing as deep as he’s forced to under Allegri. I honestly think even when was doing good here it was still just glimpses of his real talent and what he’s capable of achieving.

I haven’t given up on him because my guts tell me under a different system, instructions and role he could still flourish, but it won’t be here.
he needs player around him that compliment him better. he needs midfielders that can bring the ball up and create around the box. its no coincidence his best season came when Pogba was here

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Need a new coach for that to ever come close to happening

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
See, I don't buy that. Allegri was his coach from the beginning, it's not like he came here this season.

Allegri was good enough for Dybala to develop and become this great player in the eyes of many, but now all of a sudden he's stopping him from something?
Of course he did, last season with Gerardo and our MF struggling as hell, Paulo was scoring left and right as he pleased and suddenly our stubborn coach started to ask even publicly to Paulo to be more involve in the game, produce more for Pipa and way less in the finishing (scoring is not as important is one of my favourite), Max talked about it a lot of times so you are not going to have any trouble to find it

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He was trying to encourage him to become a more complete player. With the way our team is now and especially the midfield we need him to be more involved. There's nothing wrong with that. Pep did it with Silva and KDB, Ancelotti with Di Maria and James, Kroos was moved back from CAM to CM and became better than ever. Mourinho did it with Eto'o when they won the CL, SAF with Rooney etc etc. Tons of examples.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Yes he is, by gradually moving him away from forward role until he became a depressed average midfielder who has no will to play anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
To me, this is all about moving him out of position this year. Allegri has been his coach ever since he has been here, and he had 2 20 goal seasons in the 3+ years he has been on this team. And the one full year that he didn't, he had 19.

It is incumbent on Allegri, or whoever coaches this team that he finds a way to make Ronaldo and Dybala work together.

He wasn't brought here to make the opposing midfielders do more work. He was brought here to create and score goals.

Some of the comments that I see here would lead one to believe that he has been a total disaster for nearly 4 seasons. That is not even close to the truth.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
To me, this is all about moving him out of position this year. Allegri has been his coach ever since he has been here, and he had 2 20 goal seasons in the 3+ years he has been on this team. And the one full year that he didn't, he had 19.

It is incumbent on Allegri, or whoever coaches this team that he finds a way to make Ronaldo and Dybala work together.

He wasn't brought here to make the opposing midfielders do more work. He was brought here to create and score goals.

Some of the comments that I see here would lead one to believe that he has been a total disaster for nearly 4 seasons. That is not even close to the truth.
And that right there is the problem.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He played the same position last year and scored 26 goals, give me a break.

You think he played the same position with Higauin infront of him? :lol: He was SS more or less allways behind Higauin, even if the 4-3-3 transition was starting to hurt him even then from the previous 4-2-3-1 AM role. But now this season he is NOWHERE near the box, he plays as psudedo winger or extra CM, its completely and utterly different role he has had playing next to Mandzu CF and CR7 basically free roaming CF, then just Higauin around the box and Dybala had the freedom to overlap and run into the box, be threatening.

ALOT of the shit season he has had this season is on Dybala, but there is no denying that whats killing him is that he was taken out of his natural habitat role (support striker), and more importantly it was done because our midfield is too inadequate, has no one who can move up the ball or create.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He was playing off Higuain as a support striker, his true position. Now he's either on the wing or very deep.
Nah, he was playing the same thing basically. I remember against Genoa last year he was a pure CAM in 4231, spent half the time between Pjanić and Khedira and still scored a hattrick. It's all in his head. Even if he is a little deeper or more wide this year still doesn't excuse him for being absolute garbage in everything else besides scoring goals.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Nah, he was playing the same thing basically. I remember against Genoa last year he was a pure CAM in 4231, spent half the time between Pjanić and Khedira and still scored a hattrick. It's all in his head. Even if he is a little deeper or more wide this year still doesn't excuse him for being absolute garbage in everything else besides scoring goals.
CAM is basically the same as support striker

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
You think he played the same position with Higauin infront of him? :lol: He was SS more or less allways behind Higauin, even if the 4-3-3 transition was starting to hurt him even then from the previous 4-2-3-1 AM role. But now this season he is NOWHERE near the box, he plays as psudedo winger or extra CM, its completely and utterly different role he has had playing next to Mandzu CF and CR7 basically free roaming CF, then just Higauin around the box and Dybala had the freedom to overlap and run into the box, be threatening.

ALOT of the shit season he has had this season is on Dybala, but there is no denying that whats killing him is that he was taken out of his natural habitat role (support striker), and more importantly it was done because our midfield is too inadequate, has no one who can move up the ball or create.
What just Higuain? Mandžukić was a regular first team member last year too. Dybala was playing more or less the same role. You have Ronaldo now switching places with Mario, nothing changed in that regard.

And AGAIN, even if he was so deep and so wide and nowhere near the box (he isn't), doesn't excuse him for doing nothing else. No movement to find openings between lines, shitty first touch, can't dribble past anyone, no assists, nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

CAM is basically the same as support striker
It's not even close.

CAM is Isco, James Rodriguez, Kaka. SS is Tevez, Del Piero.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was SS behind Higauin, Mandzukic was left winger, who basically spent half the time hustling back, he never took Dybalas space or pushed him out to midfield as he is this season as our main CF. And again, MASSIVE difference between playing behind only Higauin (again, Mandzu was a conservative defensive left winger), to now having Mandzu in box and Ronaldo who is not a left winger but basically an all attack weapon who has freedom to go in out of the box as the team premier attacker. He has been pushed to midfield exactly because of this significant change in how we set up our attack, so how is this the same role as the SS role of last season?

Its not a coincidence he went from 32 goals last season to just 10 goals this season, clearly not the same role or approach.

And yeah Dybala isnt a good midfielder, you know why? Because he isnt a midfielder...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 324)