Paulo Dybala (231 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Don’t think you can compare stats with a player at a club that plays attacking football vs a Juventus player. We make most of those players decline in terms of goals and assists due to our pragmatic approach.

The last part about salah fitting in Max’s 4-3-3 better is a fair analysis though.
I am not really trying to compare with Dybala just saying that his stats are pretty impressive for a guy who mostly playes as a RW.

16/17: 41games, 19g, 15a (Roma)
17/18: 52 games, 44g, 16a
18/19: 41 games, 20g, 9a

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Chiesa, James, Zaniolo

Yup, 4 of those 5 were against mighty Young Boys. And no, they're not meaningless ofc, but I think '2nd most important player', this indispensable guy should do just a bit more. Good you mentioned Barca 3-0, because that was supposed to be his break onto the big stage, serious comparisons with Messi started after that game and he just plummeted from there. Then next year he had that amazing start, then comparisons with Messi started again before the GS game and he turned to mediocre again after that. He's very immature and timid mentally. Even in his first year when he was great he scored that goal at home vs Bayern but he was absolute shite all game before and after that. He couldn't control a football because he shat himself. He was one of my favorite players back then and I remember being shocked, asking myself what's happening with him.

For the 100th time, it's not about goals. My criticism of him has very little to do with goals. Players of his style, of his talent should be leaders and driving their team forward in every attack - what Bernardeschi did vs Atletico, Pogba vs Bayern, Costa vs RM last year. What Dybala did in his 1st year here after all.

I'm not ungrateful, I'm giving constructive criticism. If we can spend huge money without selling him, rebuild our midfield and give him a chance to play closer to goal and he's back to 1st season Dybala, he's consistently great again then I'm all for him staying, couldn't be happier. If we can't and the fee from his sale could get us all 3 of Romero, Ndombele and Chiesa/Zaniolo then bye bye.
Exactly ... Dybala he has potential ...but he lost his position to better players at the moment ....(better occupying the position) ...if Dybala wants to back to his old form (which I see it as burst & inconsistent form ) ...we need to ship Ronaldo out ...and this is not gonna happen ....

and their is one more thing ...a lot of players around the world playing out of their position... and as a sign of a champion ...a finished product ....he adopts himself to the new duties and new position roles very well ...it's not only Dybala playing out his preferred position .. thats another point that i gave up on 7.5m player ...not doing anything ....

But the alternatives you mention in your post are not good ....sorry to say ...just going backward......

Dybala > Chiesa
Zaniolo ...is just newbie ..he has a looooong way to go ...
James ...is finished ...and Berna is better & Italian

See the best for us now .... at last we found great system to play in Europe ....lets strength this one ....either Dybala or not ....lets improve it and take into the next level .... and at the same time ....we should have another system for Serie A as the last loss showed that....and improve that ....

personally...I'm not against Dybala ....am against anything doesn't deliver in our football formation ....give Dybala the last few matches coming lets say .. either make or break ....but for me ...all the signs of break are their already ...at the end of the season ......the ship will be sealed

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
:howler: :rofl: Chiesa and Zanilo? Seriously? What exactly have they done that's out of this world? Even James, who's been shit for quite some time, when in form isn't a superior player to Dybala and I see no reason to go for him. A flaky, whimsical, inconsistent player if ever there was one.

I'm not against selling Dybala, but only for a superstar caliber player. Let's not repeat mistakes of the past (Pogba and Vidal). We're still paying the price for not adequately replacing them.
You name Pogba and Vidal but those two were undoubted starters in any big game. Dybala is being benched for a while now and he's even being outshone by Bernardeschi. Plus we didn't replace any of those 2 decently while Dybala's replacements are already here. Totally different story.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
And you don't think that Salah would be an adequate replacement? He would be nearly unstoppable here.
Not, he wouldn't. He's playing under the only coach that makes wingers his main priority so hardly can go better with someone else, maybe Pep

Going down, defending, Salah would be quite average

- - - Updated - - -

Chiesa and Zaniolo are not his replacements, Berna is.
I loved Berna against AM but you are just pushing it too much, it was an awesome performance but it was one.... lets see how it goes

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Exactly ... Dybala he has potential ...but he lost his position to better players at the moment ....(better occupying the position) ...if Dybala wants to back to his old form (which I see it as burst & inconsistent form ) ...we need to ship Ronaldo out ...and this is not gonna happen ....

and their is one more thing ...a lot of players around the world playing out of their position... and as a sign of a champion ...a finished product ....he adopts himself to the new duties and new position roles very well ...it's not only Dybala playing out his preferred position .. thats another point that i gave up on 7.5m player ...not doing anything ....

But the alternatives you mention in your post are not good ....sorry to say ...just going backward......

Dybala > Chiesa
Zaniolo ...is just newbie ..he has a looooong way to go ...
James ...is finished ...and Berna is better & Italian

See the best for us now .... at last we found great system to play in Europe ....lets strength this one ....either Dybala or not ....lets improve it and take into the next level .... and at the same time ....we should have another system for Serie A as the last loss showed that....and improve that ....

personally...I'm not against Dybala ....am against anything doesn't deliver in our football formation ....give Dybala the last few matches coming lets say .. either make or break ....but for me ...all the signs of break are their already ...at the end of the season ......the ship will be sealed
Can you name one player that his performance is top level, but plays out of (his natural) position?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd argue that Salah isn't even Liverpool's most important player. Mane is probably more influential and consistent, at least this season.

As for all those singing Berna's praises, yes he's a talented individual, but not too long ago he was also ghosting and inconsistent. Short term memories abound on Tuz I see. There is no reason to weaken an already strong department, and we'd be doing just that by selling Dybala, unless we're bringing in a Mbappe or Griezmann, or even a Mane or Salah.

I'd love to have Zaniolo here, but not at the expense of sacrificing Dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiesa and Zaniolo are not his replacements, Berna is.
Berna is more versatile, but there is nothing to suggest he is the superior player.

- - - Updated - - -

You name Pogba and Vidal but those two were undoubted starters in any big game. Dybala is being benched for a while now and he's even being outshone by Bernardeschi. Plus we didn't replace any of those 2 decently while Dybala's replacements are already here. Totally different story.
Who are Dybala's replacements exactly? Also, you have a 34 year old Ronaldo and a soon to be 33 year old Mandzukic; they aren't going to be around forever. Selling Dybala would be stupid and totally unnecessary. We should be strengthening our squad, not weakening it. I do believe we have the necessary funds to upgrade both the defense and midfield without making monumental sacrifices.

Last edited:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Can you name one player that his performance is top level, but plays out of (his natural) position?
Many ...as i remember or read about or watched ....those players excelled in both the old & new position ...and shifted to the new one because their are more quality in the team and don't want to sacrifice anyone ...like our current team ..we have a lot of quality ....so little adjustments in players favourite position could happen

Zambrotta ....was a right winger but Lippi changed his position into LB because of Camoranesi ...(google it) ... but still excelled
Schweinsteiger ...was a winger ..... but his coach changed him into central midfield...and he excelled very well ...
Mascherano ... was a DMF but Barca midfield was full and powerful ....and the coach put him as CB...but still excelled
Kompany ....usually plays as CB ...but he is being used as DMF ....but still excelled

you know don't even go far away ..Mandzukic is a central forward and Allegri put him a left winger .... and still excelled ...

and i believe you can find many .....

as for Dybala ....it's fact he lost his position here for Ronaldo .....so what is the solution in your mind ? ?
Allegri gave him new role to stay with us ...he showed very little ....so what you think ...keep him or return Ronaldo to Real...

so based on this which am saying very long time ....better for both parties to part a way ....Dybala has no place in our team and if you want to blame someone ....blame the one who brought Ronaldo ....not me !

Last edited:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Dybala for salah tehehehehe :D thats like swapping a F1 Ferrari that only needs a tune up, for a Nissan skyline running on NOS.
Salah+mane plus %35 livrpol team ownership for Dybala.
If someone read this and don't know who is Dybala ....he thinks you talk about Diego Armando Maradona :rofl:

better for him stay in Liverpool , if he celebrates his goals here .... Italian emotions will fail to handle it .....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 226)