Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Polish journos who have inside info thanks to Szczesny confirmed that he met with Simeone in Madrid when Griezmann future was unclear. Simeone wanted to know if he was interested in the move (he would get Griezmanns salary which is almost twice his current) and he was keen on it.
It is also reported that in private conversations he mentions how players like him wont ever like coach like Max.
Other things they spoke about him is something we already know - he is really childish guy, not enough character to reach the top tier players at least for now. They didnt even consider him player good enough to replace Griezmann. Regarding the character they compared him to Zielinski from Napoli and his comparision says much to everyPolish fan - guy is not ready for a big stage.
Also its paradox for them that he talks like this about Max and yet he is interested in joining Atletico where Simeone is even worse defensive manager.

Imo this guy is gone in the summer - they didnt say it straight, but it appears to me that they think he might be keen on a move to another club in the summer.
How reliable is the info? Are those guys to be trusted?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
How reliable is the info? Are those guys to be trusted?
I find them 100 % reliable, they are the best serie A experts in Poland know most of the players.
its here:
Dybala thing starts at 29:50.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets be clear here - I can understand he is thinking about leaving now - he doesnt play a big role in a team, is played out of position and basically doesnt score goals.
But that meeting with Simeone was something else, back then he was the focal point of the team, he was given number ten like few months ago.

Last edited:

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
Selling Dybi would be an incredibly short sighted move. Are there even 5 attacking players under 25, who we can get, who offer us what Dybala does, current form notwithstanding. Right now, CR7 is banging in the goals. But what happens after his contract ends? Who will start once Mandzukic leaves?

In my opinion, selling Dybala only makes sense if there is a realistic chance of us getting Mbappe or Pogba, who will raise the level of our team. If we keep focusing on the short term, we will have a massive rebuild to do like AC or Inda.

I trust Juve management is much better than that. CR7 is the present but Dybala is the future.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Is he the future though? This should have been his real breakout season with Ronaldo alongside him but it’s looking likely to be one of his worst. In a team with Ronaldo you are always going to individually score less goals so I won’t judge him on that alone.

The main concern is his overall ineffectiveness. There have been games (1st leg vs Atlético for example) where it’s easy to forget he’s on the pitch. His poor performances have heavily outweighed his good ones.

It’s a shame, I don’t want him to leave, I want him to step up. Not convinced he will though...

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
It may not be the case, but I thought he would have wanted to leave last summer already, but he stayed just because Ronaldo was joining us.
Dybala srsly is/was in my top 2-3 favourite players in the last few years (mid-attack at least) - he getting the 10 after Pogba just felt awesome and the right thing to do.

We should keep him for at least one more year. Watching Mandzu - I can't see how next season he could play as much as this year, it seems there won't be any forwards signed, so it's only reasonable Dybala gets much more play time. And imo the next season is really the season where Dybala would shine - if he doesn't and if he personally wants to leave, then let him leave. In any case - any player who is not happy and wants to leave, should be selled imo.

Also is it true, before Dybala was given the number 10, Berna was offered but he refused it?

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
It may not be the case, but I thought he would have wanted to leave last summer already, but he stayed just because Ronaldo was joining us.
Dybala srsly is/was in my top 2-3 favourite players in the last few years (mid-attack at least) - he getting the 10 after Pogba just felt awesome and the right thing to do.

We should keep him for at least one more year. Watching Mandzu - I can't see how next season he could play as much as this year, it seems there won't be any forwards signed, so it's only reasonable Dybala gets much more play time. And imo the next season is really the season where Dybala would shine - if he doesn't and if he personally wants to leave, then let him leave. In any case - any player who is not happy and wants to leave, should be selled imo.

Also is it true, before Dybala was given the number 10, Berna was offered but he refused it?
The rumor at the time was that Berna asked n10 when joined us, but our board wasn't convinced and gave it to Dybala instead, althought he like more n21

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
:lol: people are so gullible, why would he want to go to Atletico?, its literally a downgrade in teams, and they are more defensive than us :lol: , where to next? stoke city
It was just said that he had a talk with Cholo, that doesn't mean someone would insta move to another club. People, players and coaches talk but not every chat leads to a transfer. He maybe thought the same thing - Atl. being a downgrade, but sometimes the coach, play time, and for some (most) players the salary plays a big role too. Idk if Dybala would ever join Atletico, we may never know - considering that they appearently wanted him only if Griezman leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

The rumor at the time was that Berna asked n10 when joined us, but our board wasn't convinced and gave it to Dybala instead, althought he like more n21
A ok, thanks. I just read somewhere how Berna refused it out of respect and how he would take too much pressure/attention, considering Baggio left Fiorentina for Juve and wore the 10 in both teams. Tho, I wouldn't mind if he took the 10 on himself, seems to me like he deserveres it at times, Dybala anyway wore 9 his whole career before Juve I think.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Is he the future though? This should have been his real breakout season with Ronaldo alongside him but it’s looking likely to be one of his worst. In a team with Ronaldo you are always going to individually score less goals so I won’t judge him on that alone.

The main concern is his overall ineffectiveness. There have been games (1st leg vs Atlético for example) where it’s easy to forget he’s on the pitch. His poor performances have heavily outweighed his good ones.

It’s a shame, I don’t want him to leave, I want him to step up. Not convinced he will though...
I think too much is made of his "ineffectiveness". He is playing in such a deep role this season that it is incredibly hard for him to get goals/assists. In terms of his link between midfield and attack, maintaining possession and generally doing the things that it seems like Allegri is asking him to do he has been good.

I don't think it is fair to judge him v Atletico in the first leg. The entire team was dreadful, if anything I thought he was one of our better players. He was one of the few to keep possession and was playing on the RW with absolutely no support from De Sciglio.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Exclusive: Juve make promise to Dybala
15/03/2019

Serie A giants Juventus have issued a promise to Paulo Dybala, as they look to make his future at the club more certain.

Dybala did not start Juve's game against Atletico Madrid and came on in the 66th minute, as Federico Bernardeschi started on the right flank, beside Cristiano Ronaldo and Mario Mandzukic.

Our transfers correspondent Fabrizio Romano understands that Dybala has been promised that Juve will hold talks with his entourage at the end of the season and that will go a long way in deciding his future.

Dybala's role at the club will be evaluated and discussed in certain terms in the meeting, as the player is now looking to move onto the next level by being a superstar in the modern game.

For that, he wants to be handed a central role at Juve, who are keen on keeping him to make sure that his influence stays.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
It's just normal, we diplayed an awesome game against AM with him as sub so the smoke is normal.

About his stats, how many time we have to explain that Paulo playing as CM or winger can't excel so ask for numbers goals is quite stupid. Max tried a formation switching CR7-Mandzo-Paulo in the front, the problem was our MF played so bad that Max chose to used Paulo deep to break pressure lines and hold the ball. Even IIRC Nedved was talking about how this version was the paulo they were looking up. Paulo struggled a lot, Mandzo and CR7 excel so it was obvious who to point out.

Mandzo is underperforming after his injured, his numbers at the beginning of the season is the only thing keeping him as starter. However, I think if Max used that 5-3-2 the chances of Paulo in the front two are better IMO

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You can see he is talented, maybe with better midfield he wouldnt need to play so deep. But even when he gets the ball in good position around the box, most of times he fails to deliver. He can and should do better. Especially when he is wearing an armband. He needs to be focal point of the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)