Paulo Dybala (89 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I didn't assume the opposite but i give the benefit of the doubt, I simply think criticizing for imaginary thing is borderline strange

I don’t want to do comparisons with Berna, both are great, end of
:tup:

Agree entirely. As I said, I loved his attitude and performance off the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think we are ever going to see Dybala as CF, while Allegri is still here.
That’s why I’d be curious to see a 2-man front line with dybala-ronaldo

The Del Piero-Trez combo. Except this time you have Ronaldo instead of Trez who alongside the lethal finishing is also a big chance creator and assist man. 4-3-1-2, or 3-4-1-2... or 3-5-2... or 4-4-2... whatever. Bernadeschi can play CAM in front of 3 mids... Mezzala as the furthest forward of 3 mids. As a wide right mid/winger opposite Spina/Sandro/Cuadrado etc.

Having Berna, Dybala, Ronaldo all on the pitch together would be quite intriguing. All very versatile players who can create, drop deep to bring the ball forward, assist, and two of them lethal finishers.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Dybala is a better option against more technically skilled but less physical teams.
He will be great against Man City or Barca.
Against a team of thugs like Atleti, Spurs or United, you need hustlers all over the pitch, and as much as I love the guy, Paulo ain't one.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Dybala is a better option against more technically skilled but less physical teams.
He will be great against Man City or Barca.
Against a team of thugs like Atleti, Spurs or United, you need hustlers all over the pitch, and as much as I love the guy, Paulo ain't one.
So he gets bullied by teams who have physical style of play

Oct 23, 2011
Why the hell are people criticizing him after seeing him play yesterday? Yes, we were leading 2-0 when he came on, but Atletico was STILL at an advantage at that score, and now "the team that never tires out" was all of a sudden less physical when he came on? He was excellent against those so-called physical teams last year and this year and the only time he really struggled was against Atletico, which a lot of players struggle against. Bernardeschi after yesterday is not up to debate any longer, he needs to play. But i am sure he has a fair shot at regaining his starting 11 spot replacing Mandzukic.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yes in the first leg and that is why bernadeschi was preferred if you watch the run and strength shown by bernadeschi for the penalty.Dybala needs to know how to deal with teams who have physical style of play.
Everyone was bullied in the first leg, I asked you about yesterday

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I think he fits if we play him either as 9/false 9 between Ronaldo and Berna... or as a Del Piero style SS beside Ronaldo in a front two with a CAM like Berna behind them or 4-4-2 with creative wide mids (Berna + Cuadrado)

I don’t like him at all playing wide right. It doesn’t suit him imo.

The trouble is what to do with him if we have Mandzu and Kean as 9s (regardless of what you want it seems we are keeping Mario, and I have no idea what we will do with Kean, he seems very promising). Hard to find enough minutes for all 3 in the #9 position. Maybe though. I’d like to see Mario rested a lot more next year and used more specifically in matches that suit him and what he offers, keep him fresh for them.
I agree, but Allegri dont see Dybala as a 9. He prefers a bigger player in that position, and I dont think we will get the best out of Ronaldo as a CF. However it would be great if Allegri could make it work somehow.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree, but Allegri dont see Dybala as a 9. He prefers a bigger player in that position, and I dont think we will get the best out of Ronaldo as a CF. However it would be great if Allegri could make it work somehow.
:tup:

You could almost put Ronaldo-Dybala-Berna on the pitch and tell them to do whatever the heck they want in attack. ;)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It helps moving the game forward. It's easier to do it at 2-0 nobody's deny that but then why do you reproach it to the player? Did he say he didn't want to play the first half? it's not his choice. I don't get the obsession with him, if he had Kean's cameo he'd be shat on for the miss and not having done anything else that was useful. He played an intelligent game give the minutes given. The with hunt with him is getting boring.
I don't reproach him at all. He's just not that type of player. Physically not strong enough. I can't imagine him doing what Berna did on the penalty. And I would argue we need more of that type of performance.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
yep.

In nedved and dp times, they were striving for success, training seriously and also to maintain their families and/or kids.

Nowadays, kids just navigate on tweeter and play Fifa.
Too bad ADP and Nedved didnt have FIFA. Maybe they played Nintendo but they didnt have social media to brag about :p.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don't reproach him at all. He's just not that type of player. Physically not strong enough. I can't imagine him doing what Berna did on the penalty. And I would argue we need more of that type of performance.
Dybala is also capable of things Berna isn't able to do, both have their strength

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Dybala has no position in our 4-3-3, only way he can play naturally is if we switch formation so he can play as either the second striker or the "false nine" type of striker where he isn't the target man. Seeing our teams quality on the wings, and the fact that we have several target men like Mandzukic and Kean who can play the #9 position better, he should be kept on the bench.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Messi when he used to be false nine? Besides I'm beginning to think Dybala's true position is support striker
Messi is stronger than Dybala, and is also much faster. I love Paulo, but he's not the person we're designing our team around atm, and it won't happen until at least a couple of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)