Paulo Dybala (93 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yep.

In nedved and dp times, they were striving for success, training seriously and also to maintain their families and/or kids.

Nowadays, kids just navigate on tweeter and play Fifa.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Im not saying get rid of him but having a formation where he excells isnt something that should be Maxs priority. Its shown that we can pay without him and he needs to adapt or we have other great playerss who can step in. Berna is one of those players and hard to not let him get much more minutes
If Allegri is still here next year, I honestly would not be against cashing in on him.

The way I see it, is that in the best games we have played under Allegri (yesterday, Bayern away and Real away last year) Dybala was either injured, suspended or benched. In those games we have pressed, played with a lot of tempo and been super aggressive, which Dybala is not really suited for.

It seems to be the playing style were Max can best maximise the potential of the team.

Therefore if a good offer arrives in the summer we should consider selling, and reinvest it in a quality CM and an upgrade over Mandzu.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The way I see it, is that in the best games we have played under Allegri (yesterday, Bayern away and Real away last year)
We didn't play that well in either of these games.

Real away - Real dominated most of the match. We were just very clinical with our chances. Real had significantly more possession and more shots. They were just wasteful on the day.
Bayern away - we could only sustain a high tempo for 40 minutes. Once we got tired, Bayern battered us.

Some of the best games we've played have also been with Dybala in the team. 3-0 against Barcelona. The two games against Monaco in the semifinals.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I disagree. We played well without him, that's for sure. But they were physical with him and he drew multiple fouls and saying he wouldn't have played just as good as the rest if he started is based on speculations.
But it's just easier to draw fouls near the touchline when you're 2-0 up. None of our 2 goals from open play came from set pieces, so drawing fouls was not what we were after.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Real away - Real dominated most of the match. We were just very clinical with our chances. Real had significantly more possession and more shots. They were just wasteful on the day.
Bayern away - we could only sustain a high tempo for 40 minutes. Once we got tired, Bayern battered us.

Some of the best games we've played have also been with Dybala in the team. 3-0 against Barcelona. The two games against Monaco in the semifinals.
Rubbish about the Madrid and Bayern matches.

It was well into the 2nd half for 60- 65’ we were by far the better side against Bayern and battered them before the team ran out of gas because we had no real fit subs on the bench. Dybala and Marchisio out injured, Mandzu half-fit, etc.

And against Madrid, we dominated that match again for the first 60-70 minutes. We had several chances outside our goals including one that Higgy should have easily buried. Real Madrid dominated us only for the last 20-30 minutes and combined with us sitting back they had most of their shots attempted then. And those more shots they had? They were almost all poor shots from distance or bad angles.

But I agree entirely that some of our best matches have been with him. Obviously Barca and Monaco... and then there are parts of matches like the second half comeback against Bayern at home. Or the counterattacking display of him, Costa, Higgy against Tottenham second leg. Numerous great displays in the league against Napoli, Roma, etc.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

That Bayern game was a masterpiece. We owned them until Morata was substituted with like 20 min to go. We played well against Real to in the first 60 min.
The Barca game was good I will give you that.

I just dont see how he fits into the way we are playing. Obviously still a good player, but I if the choice was between having him and having a top quality CM in the team, I think that we would be better of upgrading the CM.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
But it's just easier to draw fouls near the touchline when you're 2-0 up. None of our 2 goals from open play came from set pieces, so drawing fouls was not what we were after.
It helps moving the game forward. It's easier to do it at 2-0 nobody's deny that but then why do you reproach it to the player? Did he say he didn't want to play the first half? it's not his choice. I don't get the obsession with him, if he had Kean's cameo he'd be shat on for the miss and not having done nothing else that was useful. He played an intelligent game give the minutes given. The with hunt with him is getting boring.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I disagree. We played well without him, that's for sure. But they were physical with him and he drew multiple fouls and saying he wouldn't have played just as good as the rest if he started is based on speculations.
Saying he would have played just as good is speculation too. :p

Bernadeschi put in an immense performance, and I don’t think it can really be argued that Dybala plays with the same energy and physicality. Berna pushes the match forward and ups the tempo more than Dybala. Doesn’t means he is better, but he suits the style we played yesterday better. He also is much more of a chance creator and pass-first player around the box than Dybala.

Still. Dybala is an immense player and will obviously be incredibly useful for us in matches against big clubs where we have to adapt to a different style of play. As shown by his complete dismantling of Barcelona, etc. I still want to see him in the middle as Ronaldo-Dybala-Berna, even more so while Mandzu is out of form... Berna responsible for creating chances for Dybala and Ronaldo, and connecting the mid to those 2.

And I find it bizarre that anyone would be doing anything other than praising him for his attitude and effort yesterday. He was great when he came on.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

Bernadeschi put in an immense performance, and I don’t think it can really be argued that Dybala plays with the same energy and physicality. Berna pushes the match forward and ups the tempo more than Dybala. Doesn’t means he is better, but he suits the style we played yesterday better. He also is much more of a chance creator and pass-first player around the box than Dybala.

Still. Dybala is an immense player and will obviously be incredibly useful for us in matches against big clubs where we have to adapt to a different style of play. As shown by his complete dismantling of Barcelona, etc. I still want to see him in the middle as Ronaldo-Dybala-Berna, even more so while Mandzu is out of form... Berna responsible for creating chances for Dybala and Ronaldo, and connecting the mid to those 2.

And I find it bizarre that anyone would be doing anything other than praising him for his attitude and effort yesterday. He was great when he came on.
I dont think we are ever going to see Dybala as CF, while Allegri is still here.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

I didn't assume the opposite but i give the benefit of the doubt, I simply think criticizing for imaginary thing is borderline strange

I don’t want to do comparisons with Berna, both are great, end of

Apr 19, 2007
It helps moving the game forward. It's easier to do it at 2-0 nobody's deny that but then why do you reproach it to the player? Did he say he didn't want to play the first half? it's not his choice. I don't get the obsession with him, if he had Kean's cameo he'd be shat on for the miss and not having done nothing else that was useful. He played an intelligent game give the minutes given. The with hunt with him is getting boring.
Hes a 120 million dollar player who has high expectations. He deserves all the praise and criticism. All the top players get it. Sandro,Pjanic,Mandzukic etc all get held to a high standard and when they dont meet it they get abused. Honesly I think Dybala gets the longest leash on the damn team with the fans

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That Bayern game was a masterpiece. We owned them until Morata was substituted with like 20 min to go. We played well against Real to in the first 60 min.
The Barca game was good I will give you that.

I just dont see how he fits into the way we are playing. Obviously still a good player, but I if the choice was between having him and having a top quality CM in the team, I think that we would be better of upgrading the CM.
I think he fits if we play him either as 9/false 9 between Ronaldo and Berna... or as a Del Piero style SS beside Ronaldo in a front two with a CAM like Berna behind them or 4-4-2 with creative wide mids (Berna + Cuadrado)

I don’t like him at all playing wide right. It doesn’t suit him imo.

The trouble is what to do with him if we have Mandzu and Kean as 9s (regardless of what you want it seems we are keeping Mario, and I have no idea what we will do with Kean, he seems very promising). Hard to find enough minutes for all 3 in the #9 position. Maybe though. I’d like to see Mario rested a lot more next year and used more specifically in matches that suit him and what he offers, keep him fresh for them.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Hes a 120 million dollar player who has high expectations. He deserves all the praise and criticism. All the top players get it. Sandro,Pjanic,Mandzukic etc all get held to a high standard and when they dont meet it they get abused. Honesly I think Dybala gets the longest leash on the damn team with the fans
Did he play bad? No he played well!

Can we stop being ridiculous?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 81)