Paulo Dybala (33 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He only suits a formation where he gets to hang around the edge of the area and use his wicked shot from that right hand side or against the keeper. He doesn't have the touch to play as a top class AM, he holds on to the ball far too long. Get him into space and he will cause damage (on his one foot), but this is Italy and he won't get that, he's been sussed.

Is he good enough that we are going to fit our team to suit him? It's just not going to happen. He has La Liga player written all over him, attacking space and players pouring forward. That's his gig. Shame.
I really thought he could be something special, I'm not sure if that is impossible to achieve now but it seems very unlikely
He needs to be closer to goal. It's hard to tell if him playing so deep is a tactical thing or him just completely losing his way

Even if he is meant to be that midfield link up player his positioning makes no sense, he is literally playing in Pjanic's position at this point
He needs to be between the lines and just isn't doing that at all

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont know. His situation is worrying to say the least.

Im sure the board rates him and have feelings for him, but for all people concerned, a sell seems to be the wise way to go

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
What a fraud this guy is...
too bad we won’t get any bid for this Serie b level player. He is as good as giovinco

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

He did not play well today, but this was a meaningless game to analyze his performance. Nobody in that midfield could make a good forward pass, so he was always coming back.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
As said, he kept coming so deep, i dont know if thats what he likes to do or thats whats instructed, seems like he had alot of freedom today but alas he was invisible, is he good enough to have the attack built around him, im not so sure

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I still think he is one of our best players and we should find a system that suits him more.

But if he is going to complain about being subbed or not starting in big games he needs to perform when given a chance and force Allegri to make a decision e.g. Kean. I know it is hard for him to impress in the role he is in but he can do more.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He seems to be good in ONLY ONE SPOT on the field. right side of the box.

Since his right foot is useless, does it really make sense to keep trying to force something that isn't working? Super limited he is turning out to be and it's unfortunate.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He seems to be good in ONLY ONE SPOT on the field. right side of the box.

Since his right foot is useless, does it really make sense to keep trying to force something that isn't working? Super limited he is turning out to be and it's unfortunate.
more importantly, it's not working for him either. It seems like a bad partnership.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
more importantly, it's not working for him either. It seems like a bad partnership.
Agreed. Been getting flamed for calling for his sale, but we keep trying to force something that is clearly no longer working for anyone.

Use the fucking money for a position we need...like a new CM so we can finally flush Bentancur, Sami, etc to the bench.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Agreed. Been getting flamed for calling for his sale, but we keep trying to force something that is clearly no longer working for anyone.

Use the fucking money for a position we need...like a new CM so we can finally flush Bentancur, Sami, etc to the bench.
The counter argument has always been that "he is a CF". But as a CF he offers no aerial threat, he's slow, and not very physical. I don't think he can make it here.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The counter argument has always been that "he is a CF". But as a CF he offers no aerial threat, he's slow, and not very physical. I don't think he can make it here.
He doesn't even try to take anyone on 1v1, he can't. He is too slow. Agile on the turn, sure, but is that all he can really do?

Watch Cuads 1v1, he tries. Bernie has the strength and pace to blow past a defender. Ronaldo is Ronaldo. Mario is the target man in the box, etc. Costa, we know what he can do.

WHAT CAN DYBALA DO?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

He did not play well today, but this was a meaningless game to analyze his performance. Nobody in that midfield could make a good forward pass, so he was always coming back.
:tup:

The issue is that he doesn’t work alongside Ronaldo. He’s a lethal goal scorer mostly from one side of the box though teams seem to do a better job of defending him lately, knowing he’s cutting in for the left foot curler. But his passing and interplay with his partners in attack has regressed badly while here. He holds onto the ball far too long, slows play down, and rarely picks out the right final pass. His assist numbers have plummeted while playing with better and better attackers. 10 at Palermo, to 9 in his first season here, then 7 to 5 to 4 this year.

I had hopes initially that he would be a #10/SS scoring 20+, assisting 10+ a year... but he just doesn’t seem to look for his teammates around the box anymore, only has eyes for goal... and obviously when you have Ronaldo (and to a far lesser extent, Higgy), this doesn’t work. Which is why Dybala has shown close to zero chemistry with any forward he’s played with since Mandzukic-Dybala front 2 in his first year here. Brilliant individual player, but doesn’t seem work well on the pitch with other forwards that are predominately goal scorers.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Maybe its time to recognize he is not a freakin midfielder. When on form he has enough technique to coast by but it is not at all his position.

Play him as FW or sell

and to be clear i do not at all want to get rid of him. I would much rather keep a player of his talent as his finishing is insanely good but the dude is a goalscorer not a playmaker

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Maybe its time to recognize he is not a freakin midfielder. When on form he has enough technique to coast by but it is not at all his position.

Play him as FW or sell

and to be clear i do not at all want to get rid of him. I would much rather keep a player of his talent as his finishing is insanely good but the dude is a goalscorer not a playmaker
Then how do you anticipate Max fixing the lineup to suit him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)