Paulo Dybala (256 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kian

Jul 22, 2011
was very involved early on, moved very well. had problems with controlling the ball in some key situations, one of which would've probably gifted him a goal. his non-existent right foot makes him too predictable sometimes unfortunately.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I've been critical of him many times. But really good game by Dybala, it must be said. Not only for the goal, but he had decisive moments where he could have lost the ball but stuck with it and distributed it well to other players. He fought and played like a champion today, and arrived at the crucial time to hand us the three points.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It' was the same as our 3-5-2 vs. Bologna. Him and Ronaldo both off the CBs. The CBs mark air. They're always going to mark air. They're absolutely not coming into midfield because they are scared of Ronaldo making the run into the space they vacate. We have everyone in midfield and we monopolize possession.

It's perfectly reasonable to see Dybala succeeding as a #9 in this scenario. And I also want to say that he did a better job than that donkey Lukaku, a "true #9", at holding the ball up.

I think our other attackers let him down today, whereas they would usually do more with that amount of possession. Cancelo in particular was flawless except for his decision making in the final 3rd which was uncharacteristically bad. Cuadrado fluffed everything in the first half (but credit to him for that challenge on Smalling for the goal).

But the more we have the ball, and the more Dybala roams around on the right side of the box, the better he will play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 255)