• Poll closed .
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #39,244
    Luckily we didn’t mind giving that salary to Pogba. Or 12m to De Ligt who had 1 good year in his career, was Dybala wrong for asking a comparable amount as De Ligt?
    Yeah, he was wrong.

De Ligt arrived as a huge potential, WC material, being one the best at his position. Heavy contract was expected. We were not the only ones that saw that, hence Bayern bought him instantly he went on the market. Pogba got his fat contract thanks to fat Raiola, but that's because we got on a free transfer. Unfortunately that always means heavy contract.

Dybala did not deserve it. Not even close. He was great but he stared playing like shit plus he was getting injured way too often. He signed a contract with Roma for what, like 6 millions per year? That speaks volumes. That's his worth. He was rejecting our offers and in the end he ended up getting paid much less. If he was a real fan like he presents it now, he wouldn't have acted like a little bitch and then crawl his way out to Rome for smaller contract.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    He's getting 16M gross at Bayern now so it means he deserves such salary if a second consecutive club is paying him such amount.
    context matters

jj wasn't in a position to offer him those wages. bayern's revenue is twice as much probably, completely different club at this point

Jun 16, 2020
    he got greedy and now he's playing for much less at roma

was he wrong?
    I don’t think that he was wrong for asking 10m after seeing Ronaldo on 30m, Higuain on 12m, De Ligt on 12m, Sandro on 6+bonus and Tek on a similar amount aswel. Should he ask less than them? Ultimately we agreed a contract as rumoured for 8+2m, which is fine for me, but our toxic manager and director reinvested it on either Pogba or Vlahovic, which hasn’t particularly paid off yet.

I strongly disagree with calling Dybala greedy after seeing the context of the squad he was playing is. People blame him somehow instead of the board

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    I don’t think that he was wrong for asking 10m after seeing Ronaldo on 30m, Higuain on 12m, De Ligt on 12m, Sandro on 6+bonus and Tek on a similar amount aswel. Should he ask less than them? Ultimately we agreed a contract as rumoured for 8+2m, which is fine for me, but our toxic manager and director reinvested it on either Pogba or Vlahovic, which hasn’t particularly paid off yet.

I strongly disagree with calling Dybala greedy after seeing the context of the squad he was playing is. People blame him somehow instead of the board
    higuain earned 7.5m, de ligt's base salary was 8, dybala earned 7.3, currently pogba is on 8m net, vlahovic earns 7. those are fair if the players perform. too bad none of those truly deserved those wages, especially in their latest seasons with juventus. dybala was good when we won our last scudetto, that was his last year when his availability and performances both warranted a star player salary

also what dai said: other players like sandro, tek or bonucci earning 6-6.5m are obvious mistakes, but that doesn't mean that dybala should be overpaid as well. jj under paratici became a mess full of overpaid, underperforming mercenaries, and dybala was part of that problem. i would have been fine with him getting 7-8m if he wasn't injured all the time. he's one of the few players we had in the last 3-4 years who could actually decide a dozen matches per season, so he deserves higher than average wages. but he missed like ~20 matches with roma too. i blame the board for many things, but letting dybala go after those wage demands? nah. not that the replacements were better - that's on the management.

also bringing ronaldo to this discussion makes no sense, that guy was from an other planet. imagine you being the sports director and getting approached by mds' agents pointing a finger to ronaldo's wages :baus: yeah, no comparison with dybala either

Jul 15, 2006
    Dybala did not deserve it. Not even close. He was great but he stared playing like shit plus he was getting injured way too often. He signed a contract with Roma for what, like 6 millions per year? That speaks volumes. That's his worth. He was rejecting our offers and in the end he ended up getting paid much less. If he was a real fan like he presents it now, he wouldn't have acted like a little bitch and then crawl his way out to Rome for smaller contract.
    Couldn't have said that better myself.

iirc he's on €4.5m /season at Roma

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

Now is the part where everyone here pretends that they wouldn't ask for a raise if they had coworkers making significantly more than them.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Now is the part where everyone here pretends that they wouldn't ask for a raise if they had coworkers making significantly more than them.
    imagine you make it into top 10 list of best performing employess of all time and ask for salary to reflect it and they say no and let you while not even holding a goodbye party for you despite what you achieved and your years of service........ but then the company turns around gives the higher salary to some guy who quit the company 6 years ago while disrespecting the company, barley showed up to his work at the other employer and has showed up to work total of 5 times this year to his new employer.

everyone here would be raging if it was them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)