Paulo Dybala (68 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019
yeah but my thinking is our odds of scoring, however low they are, increase with Dybala on the field, so let the princess play.
don't have the time to do a proper analysis, but looking at our Serie A games and dividing them in two parts - ones with Dybala playing >45 minutes (starting) and ones with Dybala playing <45 minutes (not playing or being a sub), we surprisingly score more (1.75 gpg in 12 games) when Dybala doesn't start compared to when he does (1.4 gpg in 20 games). we also earned more points without Dybala starting (2.31 ppg) compared to when he does start (1.65 ppg).

May 23, 2013
Wherever he goes his performances will make us regret letting him go, I have no doubt about it.

With that said I understand why his injury record made the club opt out of giving him a new contract. Just we better have that same cut throat mentality towards actual deadwood (Arthur and Rabiot) and on the transfermarkrt.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Wherever he goes his performances will make us regret letting him go, I have no doubt about it.

With that said I understand why his injury record made the club opt out of giving him a new contract. Just we better have that same cut throat mentality towards actual deadwood (Arthur and Rabiot) and on the transfermarkrt.
I have no doubt about the opposite (if he goes to another big club).

He might perform better if he goes to a mediocre club tho.

May 23, 2013
I have no doubt about the opposite (if he goes to another big club).

He might perform better if he goes to a mediocre club tho.
If he can get onto the pitch then I really believe he will.

Aside from 2019, he's never had a bad season performance-wise. Even last season his minimal contribution and limited time on the pitch was essential for us securing top 4.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
don't have the time to do a proper analysis, but looking at our Serie A games and dividing them in two parts - ones with Dybala playing >45 minutes (starting) and ones with Dybala playing <45 minutes (not playing or being a sub), we surprisingly score more (1.75 gpg in 12 games) when Dybala doesn't start compared to when he does (1.4 gpg in 20 games). we also earned more points without Dybala starting (2.31 ppg) compared to when he does start (1.65 ppg).
fuck him then

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He's not a modern player that puts a shift in in both phases of the game. So while going forward he offers solutions (not anymore?), then defensively he's always breaking the shape. I believe this is why Max decided to let him go, he'll want someone more balanced, especially if he wants to play a symmetric 433 formation.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
He's not a modern player that puts a shift in in both phases of the game. So while going forward he offers solutions (not anymore?), then defensively he's always breaking the shape. I believe this is why Max decided to let him go, he'll want someone more balanced, especially if he wants to play a symmetric 433 formation.
Agree. He has been a square peg trying to fit in a round hole for years now.

But new management have a clear plan and indont think dybala's injury record, age or wage demand ticked any of the boxes on their priority list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)