Paulo Dybala (136 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 2, 2005
Too bad...
Would have loved to see him renew as he is my favorite player in the team now (and for a while, actually since he joined he has been my fav. Player in our roster)
I see him as the best talent we have (regardless of how some see the mental midget in him or not, he is no leader that brings the best out of players around him, but a talent that needs excellent players next to him and this explains why we have not seen anything special from him for a while, (also got to do with our tactics and players next to him), for example, we did not see much of DS7+PD10 to judge if he would get his magic back with better 9 next to him and we won't be able to see him perform with a solid midfield behind him.

My only concern would be how management would replace him... if it meant Zaniolo (still a question mark) or someone proven (who)
Worst case scenario would be if it was only to reduce the wage bill, then fuck it...

And for those who think this is the first time a club offers a contract, then pull it back, it happened to Ramos, Raul (if I am not mistaken), and I am sure if we dig/search more, we will see many other examples...

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Losing a good player on a free is always a failure. Tici’s attempt was made 3 summers ago. Surely we could’ve sold him earlier if that was the plan.
First attempt to sell him to Tottenham was made 3 years ago. Next attempt to swap him for Lukaku. Then this management wanted to extend him.

What makes you think he would have wanted to leave this summer if he didn't want to go to EPL? What clubs were there for him? Why would he leave when he can be a free agent and decide on his own. His agent in December asked to talk to other clubs, clear indicator right there.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Really disappointed with the decision, we are a better team when he plays and we aren't signing anyone better.

If he was a free transfer we'd be all over him, so doesn't make sense to let him leave for nothing. It also leaves us with only 1 confirmed striker next season.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's not just Vlahovic but also Chiesa, and maybe even Locatelli. All 3 of them are better in a 4-3-3 and they are all the future.

They all have to sacrifice to play a 4-4-2 with Dybala (Chiesa further from goal, Vlaho more running to make up for Dybala, Locatelli in defence).

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@IlCapitano we never played with two outright wingers, it was always a pseudo winger in Mandzukic whose purpose was to hustle rather than give width and beat players in one on one situations.

@Bianconero81 he's my favourite player too given that nobody else has creative talents bar Chiesa however, the lessons learnt from buying Ronaldo show that even with a GOAT, it doesn't guarantee any success. If our plan is to fix the rest of the team then so be it, I'd sacrifice De Ligt if it means we revolutionise the squad but management needs a clear plan. Buying Zakaria and Vlahovic in Winter was a great start so I'm hoping we've turned a corner. We missed Dybala (from injury) and Ronaldo a lot too but, I'm hopeful.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
@IlCapitano we never played with two outright wingers, it was always a pseudo winger in Mandzukic whose purpose was to hustle rather than give width and beat players in one on one situations.

@Bianconero81 he's my favourite player too given that nobody else has creative talents bar Chiesa however, the lessons learnt from buying Ronaldo show that even with a GOAT, it doesn't guarantee any success. If our plan is to fix the rest of the team then so be it, I'd sacrifice De Ligt if it means we revolutionise the squad but management needs a clear plan. Buying Zakaria and Vlahovic in Winter was a great start so I'm hoping we've turned a corner. We missed Dybala (from injury) and Ronaldo a lot too but, I'm hopeful.
Last Allegri season Ronaldo played on the wing, MM in the middle and Berna/Cuadrado/Dybala/Costa on the other wing.

There is no reason why we could not play it, just that we never had anyone better than Mario in that position and later Ronaldo came

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
Maurizio Arrivabene confirmed Paulo Dybalaʼs departure: “Dybala 's contract has not been extended. Today's meeting was clear and respectful. On the part of Juventus, it would have been easy to make a lower offer but it would have been disrespectful for Paulo. The decision is made.

“The most important change is the one you mentioned today. Juventus will not extend with Dybala .With the arrival of Vlahovic, the technical aspect, the team, the project has changed.

“The decision has been made, we thought about it a lot, but I want to emphasize something: the management of Juventus does not make decisions against Juventus, but for Juventus. We had a sincere approach.

“With the arrival of Vlahovic and players who arrived in January, Paulo's position was no longer central. Injury problem? No, the parameters were different. No one questioned the technical value of Dybala.

“There were then considerations on the duration of the contract and from an economic point of view. We made choices,” he told Sky Italia.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
First attempt to sell him to Tottenham was made 3 years ago. Next attempt to swap him for Lukaku. Then this management wanted to extend him.

What makes you think he would have wanted to leave this summer if he didn't want to go to EPL? What clubs were there for him? Why would he leave when he can be a free agent and decide on his own. His agent in December asked to talk to other clubs, clear indicator right there.
Both attempts were in 2019. I don’t recall any credible rumor after that. If you desperately want to sell a player and then don’t do shit for 3 years after that what kind of message it would send?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im kind of eagerly waiting for this narrative/theory to be put to the test when he leaves. It always seemed like a cheap excuse to me
As of late he has. Ot been playing and we are playing like shit. So This táctica limitation thing is not affecting us right now.

We are playing shit without him but is not Because of him. But is undeniable that not having him forcing us to play awkwardly is a bonus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)