Paulo Dybala (127 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Recency bias. He played great after the corona break, he wasn't so great before that. If they evaluated the whole season objectively, he wouldn't have won it
Wrong as per usual

57DEEEA4-C2DB-4DC2-87DE-F262FB77113E.jpeg

Consistently good performances and goal involvement from September until COVID hit in March.

That’s before you look at other attacking statistics outside of raw numbers. He’s miles clear of anyone else.

DA2E0EFA-9E85-4FBE-8517-12264E4231A6.jpeg

Dybala’s dribbling and passing last season was almost, dare I say it… Messi-like.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wrong as per usual

Consistently good performances and goal involvement from September until COVID hit in March.

That’s before you look at other attacking statistics outside of raw numbers. He’s miles clear of anyone else.

Dybala’s dribbling and passing last season was almost, dare I say it… Messi-like.
Neddy's Statsbomb vs
zizinhos Eye test

Vote

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So he played better during the most crucial part of the title run. Agreed.
He won the award given by optastats or something.
The Serie A Awards (Italian: Premi Lega Serie A) are awarded by the Lega Serie A using calculations from Opta Sports and Netco Sports to determine the best players of a particular Serie A season under the categories of Best Goalkeeper, Best Defender, Best Midfielder, Best Striker, Best Young Player (Under-23), and Most Valuable Player. They were first awarded at the end of the 2018–19 Serie A season.
The real MVP was Ronaldo, as the Serie A Gala showed:
The AIC Serie A Footballer of the Year (Italian: Migliore calciatore assoluto AIC) is a yearly award organized by the Italian Footballers' Association (AIC) given to the footballer who has been considered to have performed the best over the previous Serie A season. The award is part of the Gran Galà del Calcio (formerly known as the "Oscar del Calcio AIC") awards event.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Your credibility on the eye test was lost the moment when you rated Ronaldo above Messi as a footballer :lol3:
No, that's exactly proving me right. I watch the game and rate PERFORMANCE, not 'ability' or 'talent'. It's you that does that, and uses data to back up your claims Neddy

- - - Updated - - -

Now tell me how a stats site chose Dybala as MVP, while the actual Footballers association chose Ronaldo?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Wrong as per usual

If you brought stuff from 2019, bring pele’s stats as well.

Stats, stats and stats. You can always find a stat supporting your opinion, but facts are also facts, and it’a a fact that 2019 was 2 years ago. Statistically 730 days went by.

Jun 6, 2015
If you brought stuff from 2019, bring pele’s stats as well.

Stats, stats and stats. You can always find a stat supporting your opinion, but facts are also facts, and it’a a fact that 2019 was 2 years ago. Statistically 730 days went by.
:shifty: You drunk? They are talking about the season Sarri coached Juve, would have been pretty weird to post this seasons stats.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
:shifty: You drunk? They are talking about the season Sarri coached Juve, would have been pretty weird to post this seasons stats.
What does it matter, Sarri is gone so is 2019.

Show it right now, 2021 and fuck off with the excuses. We really don’t need to dig back to make someone look ”great”, do we? If we do, we have wrong players.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Zizinho was the one who argued that Dybala was not that good under Sarri, so I corrected him. Learn how to understand the context of a discussion instead of jumping in with irrelevant observations.
Well if you consider dribbling as the stat to determine what’s good, you got him. Gratz about that.

Now consider that a divorce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)