Paulo Dybala (281 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
As big of a Dybala fan as anyone else, but Rivaldo wins this one.

I actually think that Rivaldo is the closest comparison we have to Dybala (in terms of playing style and position), he was just an upgraded version of him.
You have never watched Rivaldo :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

who's got a better left foot. him or rivaldo?

not talking about being the better player or career or impact or awards. but in terms of striking the ball with left foot.

i think rivaldo was better. but slightly.
Rivaldo. He was on another lvl, these two are not comparable at all.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
who's got a better left foot. him or rivaldo?

not talking about being the better player or career or impact or awards. but in terms of striking the ball with left foot.

i think rivaldo was better. but slightly.
Rivaldo is horribly ugly. But as a player I don't think they are at the same level. Peak Rivaldo was legendary shit. He actually was the best player of the 2002 WC. He declined shortly after that and his peak is relatively short, but it's another stratosphere there.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Rivaldo is horribly ugly. But as a player I don't think they are at the same level. Peak Rivaldo was legendary shit. He actually was the best player of the 2002 WC. He declined shortly after that and his peak is relatively short, but it's another stratosphere there.
i agree that rivaldo is the better player. no doubt.

but i am not talking better overall. just who has the better left foot. which i think rivaldo does. always loved his ability to hit the ball both hard and fast, and with tehnique and bend. to me that's better than dybala but dybala is very good hitter

edit: yes that rivaldo was really ugly. that wc 2002 team was filled with smeagle from lord of the rings looking players. rivaldo, ronaldinho, ronaldo, cafu, roberto carlos. dida.

no wonder that team won. no one can handle looking at that much ugly.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I think they are similar in shooting, but Rivaldo had a better first touch and mainly passing precision. Possibly also a better dribbler.

About the 2002 NT, those were the golden years and we didn't know it. At the time we all thought having a team like that was just the natural order in football. Damn what a difference 20 years make.

It all started in 2006, when Kaka, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Ronaldo, Juninho Pernambucano, Ze Roberto, Roberto Carlos, all at the peak or near peak failled miserably. It went downhill from there. Brazil will never be that dominant again

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I think they are similar in shooting, but Rivaldo had a better first touch and mainly passing precision. Possibly also a better dribbler.

About the 2002 NT, those were the golden years and we didn't know it. At the time we all thought having a team like that was just the natural order in football. Damn what a difference 20 years make.

It all started in 2006, when Kaka, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Ronaldo, Juninho Pernambucano, Ze Roberto, Roberto Carlos, all at the peak or near peak failled miserably. It went downhill from there. Brazil will never be that dominant again
Man this made me take another look at that 2006 squad. https://www.transfermarkt.pt/brasil/kader/verein/3439/saison_id/2005/plus/1

It's better than I thought. World class players all around the pitch, with 2 or 3 biggest stars at the moment.

Brazil had:

Dida - 31 - Milan
Julio Cesar - 25 - Inter

Lucio - 27 - Munich
Juan - 26 - Leverkusen

Roberto Carlos - 32 - Madrid
Cafu - 35 - Milan
Maicon - 23 - Monaco

Emerson - 29 - Juventus
Gilberto Silva - 28 - Arsenal
Ze Roberto - 30 - Munich
Juninho Pernambucano - 30 - Lyon

Kaka - 23 - Milan
Ronaldinho - 25 - Barcelona
Juliio Baptista - 23 - Madri

Adriano - 23 - Inter
Ronaldo - 28 - Madri
Robinho - 21 - Santos

Hell of a squad, Jesus. What happened there?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think Rivaldo has better left foot than Dybala. The power of his left foot shoot is phenomenal, very powerful and precise. Dybala can strike the ball like that but only below 20m. Rivaldo can strike from 30m
good point. reason i think dybala deserves serious consideration is the way he scores goals. aside from the 2 goals in CLs and some penalties in years before, he loves scoring beautiful goals.and he does it consistently.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
Yes, Dybala's goal is mostly beautiful to watch, which is very rare in modern football, where goals are mostly from industrial, efficient plays rather than pure genius. That's why I always love to see him in Juve. But to be fair, Dybala have many shortcomings that prevent him to become something really world class, especially in the big matches.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Lion isn’t comparing them as players, only shooting technique and nothing else
Also entirely different.

Dybala shoots 2 meters off target if you draw a line from his feet to the ball and extrapolate it, and then it curves into the goal. Thierry Henry comes to mind.
He is the posterboy of the 'finesse shot'

Rivaldo first of all, has a wide arrey of shots he can take. Overhead kick, volleys, placed shots with force, straight shots. He has mostly a strong powerfull shot that bends inwards. Its a bend, not a complete finesse curve like dybala

- - - Updated - - -

I think Rivaldo has better left foot than Dybala. The power of his left foot shoot is phenomenal, very powerful and precise. Dybala can strike the ball like that but only below 20m. Rivaldo can strike from 30m
Thats exactly the thing. Rivaldo is a powershooter that has a good bend to the shot, and is very precise about it.

Dybala is 100% finesse, curving a ball at slow speed under an incredible angle

- - - Updated - - -

Comparing Rivaldo and Dybala in terms of shooting, is like comparing Scholes and Pirlo in long passing

Dybala : finesse curve
Pirlo : finesse curve/drop

Rivaldo : bended powershot
Scholes : extremely accurate, very powerfull long ball to which he applies curve if needed, much higher speed

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dybala's left leg and foot is hamsumer.

i have it on good authority that dybala doesn't have old grandpa veiny legs and feet.

rivaldo did

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Remember how much we hoped Dybala would turn into a Romario style forward. That was always my closest comparison for Dybala’s early potential here. :sigh:
Yeah, I remember that. They had some similarities for sure. Not necessarily skill wise but there was something about the way he had those quick explosions that reminded me of him. It’s unfortunate Dybala never really reached those expectations we had. We thought he was gonna be huge, legendary stuff. 5 or 6 years later we’re still discussing his positioning and questioning whether it’s time to move on. Sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 269)