Paulo Dybala (111 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
False 9, rotating the 9 position with Morata, if not then sell.
The role Kulusevski played vs Sampdoria with Ronaldo is ideal which was basically one of two forwards with Ramsey getting forward.

Not sure we can play Ronaldo, Morata and Dybala together in this formation.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The role Kulusevski played vs Sampdoria with Ronaldo is ideal which was basically one of two forwards with Ramsey getting forward.

Not sure we can play Ronaldo, Morata and Dybala together in this formation.
Nah, it seems we cant. Thats why i say morata or him as 9. He cant play anywhere else nowadays

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
4 more in CL and 7 assists. He played attacking midfielder in that year.
He played second striker, man. The rest is paper talk. Mandzukic tracked back everywhere...

4G in CL? Even our right back had 3G in CL... Don't go grabbing straws. He was decent, little more. Dani Alves and Higuain carried us.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He played second striker, man. The rest is paper talk. Mandzukic tracked back everywhere...

4G in CL? Even our right back had 3G in CL... Don't go grabbing straws. He was decent, little more. Dani Alves and Higuain carried us.
Second striker doesnt drops back deep into our own half and help with build up. He played further away from a goal than a year before which reflected on his goal tally but he was instrumental in our CL run nonetheless, looked like genuine top player capable of deciding any outcome, vs Barca for instance with moments of ingenuity. Up until the final that is, when he chocked, like the rest of the team. If Dybala rediscovers that kind of form in following months, he should get rewarded with better contract terms.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

lol... yeah right, in that case, even Sergio Ramos is a second striker

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
lol... yeah right, in that case, even Sergio Ramos is a second striker
Yeah, that Dybala always drops back is his problem. We already know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Second striker doesnt drops back deep into our own half and help with build up. He played further away from a goal than a year before which reflected on his goal tally but he was instrumental in our CL run nonetheless, looked like genuine top player capable of deciding any outcome, vs Barca for instance with moments of ingenuity. Up until the final that is, when he chocked, like the rest of the team. If Dybala rediscovers that kind of form in following months, he should get rewarded with better contract terms.
He did that last wednesday too. It's just Dybala things. Nothing wrong with that in itself; Messi does that too but nobody says Messi plays in midfield as an excuse because he's often there when it matters most.

That Barca game was great, playing just off Higuain in a 4-2-3-1, scoring two goals. Probably the only CL performance where he carried us against a big club. Shame he didn't build on that.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah, that Dybala always drops back is his problem. We already know that.

- - - Updated - - -

He did that last wednesday too. It's just Dybala things. Nothing wrong with that in itself; Messi does that too but nobody says Messi plays in midfield as an excuse because he's often there when it matters most.

That Barca game was great, playing just off Higuain in a 4-2-3-1, scoring two goals. Probably the only CL performance where he carried us against a big club. Shame he didn't build on that.
Literally Max said that he wasn't a CF and he had to go down in order built plays for the team. As I said, following some of your logic, a CF is also a defender when they have to defend in set up plays

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Literally Max said that he wasn't a CF and he had to go down in order built plays for the team. As I said, following some of your logic, a CF is also a defender when they have to defend in set up plays
And Max was right so he played him behind Higuain, the CF. It's coach #3 now and Dybala is still dropping down. I guess it's Max, Sarri and now Pirlo, aight.

Mandzukic was a handyman, never said he was a defender even if that's what you're trying to make of it.

The difference between a trequartista or second striker is only a matter of a few metres on the pitch and since Dybala always tends to drop down... But I'll end the arguement here. We disagree, no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

What you are saying is that a goalkeeper can't be a hero in a 0-0 game or any draw - because he would not make a team win by making crucial saves.
Not at all. What I'm saying is people remember goals, not or barely saves. Because Szczesny made saves in every draw we got this season but I don't think anyone actually thought Szczesny salvaged those points.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Not at all. What I'm saying is people remember goals, not or barely saves. Because Szczesny made saves in every draw we got this season but I don't think anyone actually thought Szczesny salvaged those points.
How many of them were truly special saves though? Saves that few other GKs could make?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 103)