Paulo Dybala (114 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Not a surprise, Dybala can only really reach his potential in that slightly off-centre (right) forward position or as the false 9, where he can create a yard of space onto his left foot.

As good as he is when he's fit and in the right frame of mind he's going to remain a tactical conundrum. Now we have Kulusevski who is great at RW, Chiesa who can play both, Morata playing as the CF position he is best in (and doing it well), and the issue of compatibility with Ronaldo remains once he returns. Ronaldo is a different player but fills a similar niche to Dybala from the left side. You can only really cater for one, otherwise you have three strikers instead of a 1.5 strikers/wingers.

I only have more questions when I look at the options. There is a hard answer for this but few people are going to like it.
Agree on this. Maybe the time is up for him on this team. Adding to that his renewal problems, i really think we are seeing the last of dybala in juve.

For his sake and for juventus sake, i think parting ways is not as crazy as it was in the past. We simmply cant play to his strengts, and also he finds it hard to adapt to our needs.

I really would like him to succeed here. . But lets face the truth....3 diff coaches...same problems.

I think i dont have to add anymore.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
All this crying and yet arguably our best player last season. People really forget fast.

He is gonna hit form like he usually does and be crucial for us when it really matters later in this season. Dont come here and be fickle then
Our best player becoming one of the worst problems, is something we remember very well. *Ahum* Higuain *ahum*.

And yeah, he's not free of criticism. The least he can do is actually try to do what is asked instead of doing his own thing.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I'm not worried about him having a bad season. I think he will hit form eventually, and whether this is reminiscent of last season or not remains to be seen. The concern i have, and it might just be a minor one, is that he is 26 now and he has long being touted as having the ability to become one of the best in the world, yet he appears to have plateaued. Very good player? Yes. Up there among the world's best? I'm not sure. It's quiet possible that his absolute peak is still ahead of him ( and hopefully that is the case ) but it remains to be seen.

Someone with so much promise should have been at a higher level by now, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case with him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
People jump to conclusions too quickly here. This guy carried us last season though tough moments. Recovered from corona and then got injured. Then got a relapse.

Here we are with a player that's out of form, which is hardly surprising. Sure, he should have done more yesterday but that goes towards everyone else bar Szczęsny I guess.

I don't think Dybala deserves 15m net a year but at the same time he's a capable player. Now everything is shit but he'll get better. Unfortunately we have to wait for him and get through until he builds some decent form again.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Hmm, I would argue that it could be a manager issue. He knows Dybala and Kulu like to flock to the same areas. Both are naturally suited to the right side, cutting in, which isn't a secret to anyone. Obviously there isn't any chemistry there yet, so it's Pirlo's job to predict that and try to make it work.
I’m giving Pirlo the benefit of the doubt, because Dybala has lost his, as this has been an issue not only at Juve, but with the NT. So short of running on the field and physically forcing him to stay in his one spot, I don’t know what else Pirlo is supposed to do. And I don’t agree that Dybala is best suited on the right. He’s not fast enough. His best spot to me is central and in the box ala Agüero

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im just tired of finding reasons of why dybala makes everything so difficult for himself.

He just needed to take the football world by storm in juve....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Juve waiting for Dybala
After Juventus' first defeat of the season, Rocco Fasano argues Paulo Dybala is the player who best embodies the delicate moment of a work-in-progress under new coach Andrea Pirlo.

Dybala-2008-epa.jpg

Paulo Dybala is hot on everyone’s lips. Paulino, as former Juventus coach Allegri used to call him, seems lost. Clunking, chasing defenders he never catches up to, he appears to be carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala is, to use military parlance, missing in action.

A run, a missed trap, a touch too heavy, a run too slow, a poor free kick. Dybala is a shadow of the player who led Juventus to glory with “heavy” goals in key matches against Lazio, Milan, Atletico, Barcelona and more.

What’s missing? Dybala was born a trequartista at Instituto AC of Cordoba, where he first began bending blades of grass in northern Argentina. At Palermo, he transformed into a forward and then learned the craft of becoming an excellent second striker when he moved to Juventus in the summer of 2015, scoring 23 goals and providing seven assists for the Bianconeri in his opening season.

In Pirlo’s Juve, so far, Dybala has struggled. And that’s an understatement. Playing in a position not dissimilar to that undertaken in Allegri’s first season, he has created next to nothing over the course of 34 minutes against Dynamo Kiev, 90 minutes against Hellas Verona, and 90 minutes against Barcelona. The sole exception? A crossbar that he hit against Hellas.

The Argentine forward bemoaned his exclusion from the match against Crotone. “He was supposed to play”, Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo said in Calabria, post match “but then we were left with 10 men and the opportunity dissipated”. Rumours close to the Juventus camp said that the 41-year-old coach and the 27-year-old forward cleared the air afterwards. Dybala would soon get his chance in Ukraine.

In Kiev, however Dybala’s first appearance - a 34 minute cameo - proved Pirlo right. Dybala needed to accumulate some minutes. Comprehensible. Dybala’s impalpability shown against Dynamo Kiev crystallised against Hellas Verona.

Dybala, arguably the second most talented player in Serie A, was expected to come out of his shell and provide a magisterial performance like that shown in Turin in the spring of 2017 where he undid Barcelona’s defence with a brace that is seared in the memory of Juventus fans.

The expectation was that his form, still reeling from a recurring muscle injury suffered in the ill-fated round of sixteen that saw Juventus unceremoniously ousted from the UEFA Champions League by lowly Olympique Lyonnais, would eventually click and his shell crack against Barcelona on Wednesday.

Within literary canon popular among high schoolers one will find a Samuel Beckett play named Waiting for Godot, in which two characters, Vladimir (Didi) and Estragon (Gogo), engage in a variety of discussions and encounters while awaiting Godot, who never arrives.

Let us be reasonable: to judge him on the first 214 minutes of his season, immediately following two consecutive muscular injuries and yet to find physical fitness is unkind and reductive.

The forward will surely find his form in short order, find the net, and lead Juve to victory like he often has; inducing detractors to yet another standing ovation.
But Dybala’s continued lack of maturity on the field in Juve’s biggest matches, always playing second fiddle to a bigger striker, be it Gonzalo Higuain or Mario Manzukic or Cristiano Ronaldo, is worrisome.

It makes waiting for Dybala a little like Waiting for Godot. A blossoming into an elite player who’s locked inside this above-average Argentine that’s yet to come. And will it?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
People jump to conclusions too quickly here. This guy carried us last season though tough moments. Recovered from corona and then got injured. Then got a relapse.

Here we are with a player that's out of form, which is hardly surprising. Sure, he should have done more yesterday but that goes towards everyone else bar Szczęsny I guess.

I don't think Dybala deserves 15m net a year but at the same time he's a capable player. Now everything is shit but he'll get better. Unfortunately we have to wait for him and get through until he builds some decent form again.
He took that option off the table when he started whining about not playing against Crotone. Now he deserves all the criticism until he actually starts performing.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Still defending this choker :sergio::sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

All this crying and yet arguably our best player last season. People really forget fast.

He is gonna hit form like he usually does and be crucial for us when it really matters later in this season. Dont come here and be fickle then
Crucial against Parmas and Genoas of this world :baus:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He took that option off the table when he started whining about not playing against Crotone. Now he deserves all the criticism until he actually starts performing.
Yeah, he feels important for sure. Wage demands show this too. He wants the same status CR7 has - to play every game, even if in shit form/injured/tired/whatever.

The facts remain unchanged though - he's not fit to play an effective game up to his standards yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)