Paulo Dybala (78 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
People confuse pace with acceleration way too often. Dybala is exceptionally quick off the mark with his first step, his acceleration to his top speed is excellent, but the end result, that top speed is rather mediocre.

Players can be very explosive without having top end speed and Dybala is a perfect example of this. All one has to do is watch his gameplay, especially with Palermo last year, and I'm sure we see more and more of it as this season progresses here and he starts to fit in better.
:agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
A players worth is more than his free kicks and goals but what more can I expect
What more can you expect? You of all people I wouldn't have expected to stoop down to the level of personal insults.

Did you not see him lose a number of balls our own half under little pressure in the second half against Bolonga? At one point he lost 2 balls in the space of 30 seconds about 5-10m outside our box to the right hand side of the pitch. Those sort of mistakes would be instantly punished against strong sides.

Yes, a player is worth much more than their free kicks and goals.
A striker, ultimately, is worth little more than his goals though. He can have stamina, personality, commitment, flare, etc. but it all means little if he's not scoring or even looking like scoring.

How many assists does he have this season? 1 in 6 games.
How many goals? 3 in 6 games, 2 of which were baseless penalties.
He has two left feet on him.
He doesn't have the physical strength to be a deadly striker, nor the finishing.

No doubt he has some skill, he's a good player, but too many on this forum have extremely high hopes for him, hopes that will likely come down in flames considering what he's shown so far. Exaggerating his quality, which many here are doing, won't change the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

In before "penalty's dont count"
2 free and baseless penalties. The one this week was diabolical.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

I never have understood that particular argument. It's like people think it's an every day thing that a 21 year old is chosen to be the penalty-taker for the biggest team in Serie A.
I'l help you understand it.

If he isn't given those 2 free shots on goal, he's on two less goals. Look at Hugain for example. 5 goals, no penalties. That's impressive and points to a solid striker.

Makes sense?

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
Did you not see him lose a number of balls our own half under little pressure in the second half against Bolonga? At one point he lost 2 balls in the space of 30 seconds about 5-10m outside our box to the right hand side of the pitch. Those sort of mistakes would be instantly punished against strong sides.

A striker, ultimately, is worth little more than his goals though. He can have stamina, personality, commitment, flare, etc. but it all means little if he's not scoring or even looking like scoring.

When did he lose the ball in the 2nd half in the way you describe? After watching the game, I can't recall any but perhaps he did. There aren't any such occasions in the youtube video of his touches during the game, but maybe the creator of it didn't include those clips for whatever reason. My understanding is that the video highlights all of his touches.

Doesn't he have two assist this season? One to Lemina vs Napoli and one for Zaza vs Sevilla. Both of them surely are assists. Zaza only is as free as he is after Dybala beats a man and gets a pass away before getting tackled. Lemina scored on a Dybala cross. Juve have also had some really poor finishing this season otherwise he and Cuadrado would have a greater total. For example, he set up Morata on a few chances vs Bolognia only for Morata to miss (same can be said for Cuadrado). The ref also incorrectly blew offsides on a Dybala through ball.

As for his scoring, when Juve are on the ball he isn't a striker. Look at the clip. He is much more a false 9 at best or a #10 that drops back to facilitate the buildup in midfield. It's been pretty rare where he has been sitting in the box waiting for someone to set him up (outside of the Roma match).

He started vs Roma (goal), Chievo (goal), Napoli (assist), Sevilla (assist), Bolognia (goal). Admittedly, outside of the first match vs Lazio, he has not been very good when coming on as a sub. I think it's fair to say that his PK vs Chievo was baseless since he didn't play well in that match. However, vs Bolognia he was one of Juve's best players. He deserved at least an assist in that match.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Jeez he was having an excellent game considering how much time he had to gel with the team, plus you all keep forgetting he is 21.

He really reminds me of Messi tbh not yet there ofc but the talent is there, as the game went on he grew even more took more responsibility, those killer passes were out of this planet, he can easy beat 2 man he needs to build some muscle but he is getting there. Plus let me add he has the confidence needed for a player to grow and be a class.

I love him,

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
6 games in which he had little playing time. Those stats aren't too shabby. He also scored an impressive goal in the supercoppa. Most importantly though is that when he plays well he makes this team tick. Sure he makes errors but he has the balls to do the hard things which bring fluency to our play and eventually goals. He'll try to dribble his marker or make a pass over the top and the more he plays the more successful he'll be.

You're focusing on the bad and omitting the good. Look at his highlight video carefully. You're right, he lost the ball a few times but that was arguably his best showing for us thus far. The ref was very unfair towards him throughout the game as well.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
What more can you expect? You of all people I wouldn't have expected to stoop down to the level of personal insults.

He doesn't have the physical strength to be a deadly striker, nor the finishing.

No doubt he has some skill, he's a good player, but too many on this forum have extremely high hopes for him, hopes that will likely come down in flames considering what he's shown so far. Exaggerating his quality, which many here are doing, won't change the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

2 free and baseless penalties. The one this week was diabolical.

- - - Updated - - -

I'l help you understand it.

If he isn't given those 2 free shots on goal, he's on two less goals. Look at Hugain for example. 5 goals, no penalties. That's impressive and points to a solid striker.

Makes sense?
I wasn't personally insulting you man! I was talking about how in this day and age a player only boils down to offensive output. The intangibles aren't included.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You're focusing on the bad and omitting the good.

Its like you guys discovered who linebreak is now after so many years and somehow suprised and take him seriously, bit amusing, since you guys don't realize a simple fact. That's ALL HE DOES.

All day every day since he signed up been nonstop chronic level ridiculous and extremely exaggerated negativity. Not only does he allways sees the cup as half empty, but kinda guy who would instead try to argue the cup is fully empty, no in fact the whole planet doesn't have a drop of water left...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Its like you guys discovered who linebreak is now after so many years and somehow suprised and take him seriously, bit amusing, since you guys don't realize a simple fact. That's ALL HE DOES.

All day every day since he signed up been nonstop chronic level ridiculous and extremely exaggerated negativity. Not only does he allways sees the cup as half empty, but kinda guy who would instead try to argue the cup is fully empty, no in fact the whole planet doesn't have a drop of water left...
At least he doesn't use the word 'sycophant' in every single sentence.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Only problem with dybala is his lack of strength, should bulk up a little bit imo.
I beg to differ. I think he needs to get into the system. At Palermo it was more like sit back & Dybala had a lot of space to operate with at full flight. Now it's mostly the opposite as he has to start his runs quite deep with limited space. Once we get a good rhythm going we are going to see some really defense opening splitting movements.

- - - Updated - - -

At least he doesn't use the word 'sycophant' in every single sentence.
I see you are back to your stalker days.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

Yes that's pretty much the case :lol: I just never registered Linebreak's posts in all the time I've shared with him on this forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 70)