Paulo Dybala (351 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We taking a huge L if Dybala is being forced out again. He is supposed to be our poster boy but if we sell him just to make way for Suarez, this club is dead to me.
Suarez? No, it'll be another poster signing if and when Dybala goes. I like Dybala and am happy to see him stay if he is used correctly, but he is quite limited in his versatility and needs an attack built around his strengths. Ronaldo is similar, if less restricted, and so here is the problem with these two.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to sell him, but it would be if we dwindled the money away or replaced him with a couple of turds. Bit like when Liverpool sold Torres and signed Andy Carroll.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Suarez? No, it'll be another poster signing if and when Dybala goes. I like Dybala and am happy to see him stay if he is used correctly, but he is quite limited in his versatility and needs an attack built around his strengths. Ronaldo is similar, if less restricted, and so here is the problem with these two.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to sell him, but it would be if we dwindled the money away or replaced him with a couple of turds. Bit like when Liverpool sold Torres and signed Andy Carroll.
Do you think with the right midfield a Dybala, Ronaldo and Suarez front 3 could work?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Why? 33yo Messi is still several levels above Dybala, would you rather have a 33yo Pirlo or a 26yo Pellegrini? I know which I'd pick if Messi was really available on a free and a fat wage that Dybalas transfer fee and wage would cover.
We'd then be starting a 35 year old, and two 33 year olds up front. Ronaldo can maybe keep going, sure. But the other two? Suarez has MAYBE one more year left, and who knows about Messi. And lets not forget, the midfield still needs to be strengthened.

Having an effective, cohesive system takes you further these days than an all-star lineup.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We'd then be starting a 35 year old, and two 33 year olds up front. Ronaldo can maybe keep going, sure. But the other two? Suarez has MAYBE one more year left, and who knows about Messi. And lets not forget, the midfield still needs to be strengthened.

Having an effective, cohesive system takes you further these days than an all-star lineup.
Surely Suarez is not in the equation if Messi comes, thatd be madness.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we sign Suarez then are "unable" to meet Paulo's contract demands that might honestly be it for me. At least for the following year. Getting less and less enthusiastic about the direction this club is heading. Less and less interested in even watching the games.

Maybe i come back once Swayze and Fabio Fica are sacked.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Like I said before, I don't think he's worth that. It's too much for us in terms of gross wages (even 10M plus bonuses is pushing it, which is why I said that should be the cap earlier. And that's already a pretty good raise.). Also, I don't see anyone getting so much. Higuain when he arrived at his absolute peak got 7.5M and bonuses, DC was 6M. Only one who got more is Ronaldo
When you're giving a 33 year old Uruguayan turd who has never played a single minute for this club 10 million in salary, it's very well within Dybala's rights to demand more. We're not signing prime Suarez, we're signing Barcelona can't wait to be rid of my greedy toxic ass, potentially over the hill Suarez - we're essentially giving 10 million to a relic, a fucking geezer. And don't give me that shit about gross wages because he's coming from overseas crap - that's not really Dybala problem now, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Why? 33yo Messi is still several levels above Dybala, would you rather have a 33yo Pirlo or a 26yo Pellegrini? I know which I'd pick if Messi was really available on a free and a fat wage that Dybalas transfer fee and wage would cover.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dont worry guys.

dybala will force himself as number 1 choice regardless of who comes.

and we will all celebrate another season of him scoring absolute beauties.

group hug

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
When you're giving a 33 year old Uruguayan turd who has never played a single minute for this club 10 million in salary, it's very well within Dybala's rights to demand more. We're not signing prime Suarez, we're signing Barcelona can't wait to be rid of my greedy toxic ass, potentially over the hill Suarez - we're essentially giving 10 million to a relic, a fucking geezer. And don't give me that shit about gross wages because he's coming from overseas crap - that's not really Dybala problem now, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

giphy-downsized-large.gif
We arent doing it yet, the deal is far from done. And Suarez gross wages would be much less than Dybalas in case we did. You say thats not Dybalas problem, but i dont see how its ours either. He can take it or try to get more elsewhere as far as im concerned (which i dont think he will get, atleast not this summer). Im not entirely on boat of the Suarez signing due to uncertainty about his physical condition, but hed be a cheap 2 year solution. Dybala will be much more expensive and for a longer period, so we should be careful

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We arent doing it yet, the deal is far from done. And Suarez gross wages would be much less than Dybalas in case we did. You say thats not Dybalas problem, but i dont see how its ours either. He can take it or try to get more elsewhere as far as im concerned (which i dont think he will get, atleast not this summer). Im not entirely on boat of the Suarez signing due to uncertainty about his physical condition, but hed be a cheap 2 year solution. Dybala will be much more expensive and for a longer period, so we should be careful
If we give an ageing geezer these wages, it does become our problem, because we're creating this divide, thus potentially rendering something unsustainable a reality. It's one thing giving Ronaldo what he wants because of the marketing and publicity it entails, and it's another matter entirely giving an ageing Luis Fucking Suarez insane wages so he can earn his last big paycheck.

If you work for a company, and you are that company's star performer, and an older less productive shitcunt comes in and makes more than you, I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If we give an ageing geezer these wages, it does become our problem, because we're creating this divide, thus potentially rendering something unsustainable a reality. It's one thing giving Ronaldo what he wants because of the marketing and publicity it entails, and it's another matter entirely giving an ageing Luis Fucking Suarez insane wages so he can earn his last big paycheck.

If you work for a company, and you are that company's star performer, and an older less productive shitcunt comes in and makes more than you, I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune.
Suarez got his last contract extension (and salary of 23M gross) back in 2016, where he scored almost 40 goals and 20 assists for the season, for a team with a much higher revenue than us. At that time he was arguably the 3rd best striker in the world behind Ronaldo and Messi. Is Dybala in that ballpark? We never give such wages, Ronaldo being the exception and rightly so. We gave Higuain 7.5M at his peak, we gave Dybala a raise to match that shortly after, and only recently gave guys like De Ligt, Rabiot, Ramsey that much due to the new tax laws.

If Suarez comes with 10M wages (which would be a pay cut to his current salary), he would still be the cheapest option out there and depending on his physical condition, probably the best as well (in terms of us signing a backup striker). He's one of the biggest stars in football and would be a short term option, while Dybala would get an extension until 2024 or 2025. Dybala should be able to understand that much. Remember when we gave 33yo Dani Alves 4M while AS who just came off a fantastic season was making some 2M? Cuadrado wasn't making that much either. Or when we gave Can 5M while Pjanic was our highest paid mid at 5.5M? Or when Bonucci came back on 5M while Chiellini was getting 3M. Or in reverse, we recently got a barcelona starter for 3M wages, while we have benchwarmers here making 6M or 7M... I'm not saying all these were justified, but if we just went around giving everyone raises because our newest addition is making more, we'd be in a pretty bad situation now. Dybalas contact negotiations started before Suarez was even on the map, and 10M was always a fair and natural raise from his current salary. With bonuses, that's still 2nd best to only Ronaldo, so I don't see a problem at all

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
And didn’t he absolutely tear shit up as a CAM at the start of 2017-18 again? Most of the season really in the league and Coppa. I think he had 3 hat tricks and 3 two goal games that year. He was pretty poor in CL but the whole team was aside from 2-3 matches that year.

Just checked and he had 22 goals - 5 assists in just 2358 minutes in Serie A in 17-18 (missed several matches with a hamstring injury). Insane productivity.
The problem was that your friend Allegri did not know how to play him. Let Dybala free let him run all over like Sarri did. He went to the right the left came even back to
midfield and played . let him free just like Messi plays. I am not saying he is Messi. and with Dzeko and Ronaldo things will be perfect, with Suarez has to be seen.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The problem was that your friend Allegri did not know how to play him. Let Dybala free let him run all over like Sarri did. He went to the right the left came even back to
midfield and played . let him free just like Messi plays. I am not saying he is Messi. and with Dzeko and Ronaldo things will be perfect, with Suarez has to be seen.
Yeah, that’s why he scored more and had more goals+assists than he did last year in 3 of his 4 seasons under Max. Cuz he didn’t know how to play him :lol3:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 328)