Paulo Dybala (314 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rainhard

May 5, 2004
His control for Bonucci long pass is world class. He should get the ball pass the keeper

His crossing to Ronaldo is spot on, great game Dybala

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Sarri clearly wanted to try that Ronaldo - Higuain - DC trident. In such a big game. Dybala wasn't at all injured, he didn't look that tired.

Ronaldo - Higuain - DC, Sarri thinks this works because Higuain is a classic CF who can make runs to utilise winger support.

Ronaldo - Dybala - DC/Berna, everyone knows this doesn't work so well because DC has few reference points, and he also sucks when starting. Berna just sucks.

Still we have something that doesn't quite work up front but we cover it with quality.

it wasn't a tactical choice to play higgy after all.

btw where's dybala's new contract?! long overdue

Jun 16, 2020
Kulusevski has what Berna (and to a lesser extent Douglas) lacks...a footballers brain.

He’s got everything Berna has in terms of fitness, strength, speed and genera technique. But he’s a much better passer, better vision, has a more accurate shot. He walks into our starting lineup with ease.
Yea basically when Berna goes right, Kulu goes left. One always makes a bad choice and the other seems to find good solutions, and that doesn’t necessarily means he’s making a lot of creative passes, but just uses his brains.

Kulusevski also uses his right foot a lot. Big difference compared to Berna. At this moment he’ll easily walk in the starting 11.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Wait wait,

If you are talking about last year dybala, the guy was so off form he was not able to control the ball.

Dont pretend it didnt happened
Ok, hold my beer:
- Paulo just came in and killed it
- We overpayed Pipa, we wanted him to be our main target
- Paulo started season in such an awesome shape, scoring left and right; while Pipa is struggling as hell
- Max about Paulo: score is not so important...he can build, defend and assist more... he's not a CF
- Paulo is pulled away from the box and closer to our MF
- Paulo started to struggle, low stamina, rivals took him down easily in the MF far from any danger, can't score cuz he's closer to our box than rivals one
- Paulo is benched by way way way less talent players cuz some coach are just blind as hell
- Some tuzzers bought that cheap narrative
- Fabio tried to sell him for peanuts because he's also kind of, I don't want even go there
- Sarri played him cuz Pipa is injured and we are short in attack
- Paulo in front again, Paulo is awesome again. Unfaithfull Tuzzers starts to believe
- Pre-MLS Pipa is back, Sarri tried to bench La Joya again cuz he's too damn good. So far is failing cuz Pipa is out of form but you can be sure Sarri is gonna keep trying to bench Paulo before the season end

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ok, hold my beer:
- Paulo just came in and killed it
- We overpayed Pipa, we wanted him to be our main target
- Paulo started season in such an awesome shape, scoring left and right; while Pipa is struggling as hell
- Max about Paulo: score is not so important...he can build, defend and assist more... he's not a CF
- Paulo is pulled away from the box and closer to our MF
- Paulo started to struggle, low stamina, rivals took him down easily in the MF far from any danger, can't score cuz he's closer to our box than rivals one
- Paulo is benched by way way way less talent players cuz some coach are just blind as hell
- Some tuzzers bought that cheap narrative
- Fabio tried to sell him for peanuts because he's also kind of, I don't want even go there
- Sarri played him cuz Pipa is injured and we are short in attack
- Paulo in front again, Paulo is awesome again. Unfaithfull Tuzzers starts to believe
- Pre-MLS Pipa is back, Sarri tried to bench La Joya again cuz he's too damn good. So far is failing cuz Pipa is out of form but you can be sure Sarri is gonna keep trying to bench Paulo before the season end
I know Allegri was also culprid in his tactical decitions regarding dybala, and that the both seemed to be on bad terms, but dybala also is the one who plays and had to deliver a little more. He was really bad in some games, that even when he was misused, he was doing mistakes that were unwatchable, and that has nothing to do with allegris tactics. It had to do with his mental state and his own minimum performance.

But i dont want to go deeper into it, lets enjoy that it is behind and dybalas current form is what we expect of him.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I think he had problems with Allegri and probably blamed him for a lot of problems last season. And Allegri certainly had his faults in this case.

But more than anything IMO what's responsible for the turnaround this year is the fact Allegri was gone and 4 months later they were still trying to sell him left and right. Allegri was never really openly critical of him in the media, but Nedved was. Quite a few times questioned his professionalism really. So I think that kind of dawned on him that maybe the man he held responsible was gone and the club still didn't trust him so he had a choice of really buckling down and showing his full potential or going somewhere worse and unknown. Even in the beginning of this season he was benched a lot and didn't play well initially.

I always said and criticized him for having the potential to be so much more than just a goalscorer and not using it. With his talent and finishing he'll always score a decent amount of goals, but what makes me the happiest now is how impactful he is on everything happening on the pitch. He's everywhere, he dribbles and creates and retains possession and is really the main driving force of the team. That's what Allegri wanted him to do in the first place (tuttocampista) and he did it a lot of times but never consistently. Hopefully this is the turning point.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 283)