Paulo Dybala (102 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
he's as strong as Mertens, has at least as good a first touch as him and even if he doesn't have Mertens speed, he's twice the finisher and 10 times the player when it comes to dribbling and creativity. if Sarri pulled a 34 goal season out of Mertens, I can't wait what he'll manage with Ronaldo and Dybala.

also, best Dybala season for me is easily 15/16 partnering with Mandzukic before Higuain came, that purchase really messed up our forward dynamics.
He isnt as strong as Martens, not that Martens is particularly strong but he can hold off a challenge, his reflexes are faster as well which allows him to recover more quickly and regain balance. He is what you would call wiry.

Dybalas first touch is deplorable, for a technical player this is pretty shocking. Martens might be less technical but his first touch is comfortably better, doesnt need few odd touches and consequently doesnt slow down the play. Out of all strikers we have, Dybala would be the worst choice for false nine. Imo

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he's as strong as Mertens, has at least as good a first touch as him and even if he doesn't have Mertens speed, he's twice the finisher and 10 times the player when it comes to dribbling and creativity. if Sarri pulled a 34 goal season out of Mertens, I can't wait what he'll manage with Ronaldo and Dybala.

also, best Dybala season for me is easily 15/16 partnering with Mandzukic before Higuain came, that purchase really messed up our forward dynamics.
he doesnt have a good first touch at all.
He sometimes pull very tricky dribbles and lay offs in short spaces.. but people mistake this with good first touch.

The only things in which dybala is world class, is in finishing plays in a quick way with his left (turning and shooting for exmple, findinq quick ways to use his left near the enemy goal)
And his freekicks..
The rest is so so

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
A first touch to shoot on net and a first touch when you are between the lines with 3 defenders on you are two different things IMO. I feel Dybala's touch to set up a shot is much better than his touch in midfield.

When around the box, the threat of his shot helps him. But in midfield, the defenders know he poses no threat to run past, so they can jump at the ball without fear.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
A first touch to shoot on net and a first touch when you are between the lines with 3 defenders on you are two different things IMO. I feel Dybala's touch to set up a shot is much better than his touch in midfield.

When around the box, the threat of his shot helps him. But in midfield, the defenders know he poses no threat to run past, so they can jump at the ball without fear.
Correct. Thats exactly what i wanted to say.

Players with godlike first touch are del piero, zidane and messi for example. You can throw them a ball in any direction, and with their first touch they could not only receive the ball, but dribble the opponent at the same time, like changing directions and those sort of super technical stuff

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Correct. Thats exactly what i wanted to say.

Players with godlike first touch are del piero, zidane and messi for example. You can throw them a ball in any direction, and with their first touch they could not only receive the ball, but dribble the opponent at the same time, like changing directions and those sort of super technical stuff
Yah, they are all different players that could play a number of positions equally well. Dybala is SS or false 9, asking him to play RW or CAM would be like asking David Villa to play there, he could do it, but the talent is completely wasted that far away from goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)