Paulo Dybala (57 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Costa played behind the strikers in one of the Spurs legs, didnt look good. Berna and Ramsey are way more suited there
Exactly, if we are gonna play 4-3-1-2 Bernar and Ramsey are the choices

I think we are going to play 4-3-3 with CR7 open and the other winger would have to do the defensive work with Mandzo, Paulo (or the wanda bitch if that's the case) and our Italian Kid as CF

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Could sarri use dybala as false 9?

Maybe he can shine as one with a different gameplay (not only crosses and zero midfield play)

If we limit dybala to stay on the zone an just shoot whenever he has the chance, we can make him work. Just dont let him roam around the field.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Could sarri use dybala as false 9?

Maybe he can shine as one with a different gameplay (not only crosses and zero midfield play)

If we limit dybala to stay on the zone an just shoot whenever he has the chance, we can make him work. Just dont let him roam around the field.
Well Mertens was a winger his whole career and suddenly he became a #9 with Sarri. So who knows.

The thing is though that Mertens didn't really play as a real false 9, but more like a traditional 9. He would play one touch back into the midfield and try to go in behind the defence exactly like how Dybala used to play at Palermo and in Argentina.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We have a weird team. We can line up with 43 and then up front its a mess. Ronaldo LW/CF, Mandzukic CF/LW, Dybala SS/AM, Costa RW/LW, Berna RW/RM/AM, Cuads RM/RW, Kean CF/LW. You either play someone out of position or you dont play your best trio. Now we want Icardi and Chiesa at the expense of Mandzu and Cuads, so it remains a mess. Good luck Mister

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
433:

Costa Dybala Cr7 (Cuadrado Kean Berna)

4321:
Dybala Costa
Cr7

433 with Dybala sold:

Costa Icardi Cr7

I don't see other option as Sarri stated he really likes Costa, only the CF role is a big question mark. I thought Dybala was out 99% but after Sarri's words he may actually stay

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well Mertens was a winger his whole career and suddenly he became a #9 with Sarri. So who knows.

The thing is though that Mertens didn't really play as a real false 9, but more like a traditional 9. He would play one touch back into the midfield and try to go in behind the defence exactly like how Dybala used to play at Palermo and in Argentina.

a false false 9 :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

We have a weird team. We can line up with 43 and then up front its a mess. Ronaldo LW/CF, Mandzukic CF/LW, Dybala SS/AM, Costa RW/LW, Berna RW/RM/AM, Cuads RM/RW, Kean CF/LW. You either play someone out of position or you dont play your best trio. Now we want Icardi and Chiesa at the expense of Mandzu and Cuads, so it remains a mess. Good luck Mister
yea its almost like these players were bought with no plan at all

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Imo he should never play as a false. If Aguero can do it, if Martens did it, doesnt mean Dybala could do the same. Because Ive read here countless of times comparison between them. He is completely different player and he is neither quick enough, strong enough, he has rather poor first touch (which is essential) and as I recall his best games here came when he was playing off a striker infront of him, he needs someone to take off the heat. Personally for me his best season was 2016/17. He looked mature, sharp and had that mental edge which he lost in the last year and a half. Its all on him and in his head. If he can regain the right state of mind and shift his focus on training grounds, then we might see him back to his best. Mgt needs to evaluate this over the summer and make a decision, bc another poor year like this and we will struggle to offload him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Imo he should never play as a false. If Aguero can do it, if Martens did it, doesnt mean Dybala could do the same. Because Ive read here countless of times comparison between them. He is completely different player and he is neither quick enough, strong enough, he has rather poor first touch (which is essential) and as I recall his best games here came when he was playing off a striker infront of him, he needs someone to take off the heat. Personally for me his best season was 2016/17. He looked mature, sharp and had that mental edge which he lost in the last year and a half. Its all on him and in his head. If he can regain the right state of mind and shift his focus on training grounds, then we might see him back to his best. Mgt needs to evaluate this over the summer and make a decision, bc another poor year like this and we will struggle to offload him.
But then where do we play him? SS? We have too many wingers and CMs for a 442. RW? Same problem as last season. Imo, hes got one position in a modern team trying to compete in the CL, as a striker infront of a mid 3, flanked by 2 hardworking wingers. We cant give him that because hes a. Not good enough and b. We got Ronaldo for that spot. Hes best off sold but i think Sarri likes him, so lets see what he has in mind

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But then where do we play him? SS? We have too many wingers and CMs for a 442. RW? Same problem as last season. Imo, hes got one position in a modern team trying to compete in the CL, as a striker infront of a mid 3, flanked by 2 hardworking wingers. We cant give him that because hes a. Not good enough and b. We got Ronaldo for that spot. Hes best off sold but i think Sarri likes him, so lets see what he has in mind
Yeah its gonna be tough on him. As a winger he lacks pace and isnt dynamic enough, as a false nine we have better options around. If Higuain stays, he will partner CR upfront I feel. Will be interesting to see where he fits in all this or maybe they will be looking to sell him and use money to reinforce other areas. Sarri or any other coach praising player in an interview doesnt mean much imo.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yeah its gonna be tough on him. As a winger he lacks pace and isnt dynamic enough, as a false nine we have better options around. If Higuain stays, he will partner CR upfront I feel. Will be interesting to see where he fits in all this or maybe they will be looking to sell him and use money to reinforce other areas. Sarri or any other coach praising player in an interview doesnt mean much imo.
Fuck no. Il Primero Chokero aka Sensitive Tubby needs to GTFO.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
he's as strong as Mertens, has at least as good a first touch as him and even if he doesn't have Mertens speed, he's twice the finisher and 10 times the player when it comes to dribbling and creativity. if Sarri pulled a 34 goal season out of Mertens, I can't wait what he'll manage with Ronaldo and Dybala.

also, best Dybala season for me is easily 15/16 partnering with Mandzukic before Higuain came, that purchase really messed up our forward dynamics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)