Paul Pogba (66 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Did I sound like I was kidding?

- - - Updated - - -

SMS will costs more simply because Lotito hates doing business with us. ANd you can be sure that he would try to drag it out as long as possible to the point where we could be in danger of missing our other targets along the way.

We have no issues doing business with Manchester United
he was not our best CM imo. i have memories of pogba showing immense skill and strength to hold up the ball and bring it forward but often, selfishly, carrying the ball too long and fucking up a potential final pass or shooting himself.

he struck me as someone who showed potential to be the most dominant midfielder in the game but still had flaws in decision making. He was not a more crucial player than Pirlo or Vidal (at his peak) and as these players left he showed a struggle to command of the midfield in their wake.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Pirlo > Vidal > Pogba > Marchisio
I believe they switched places depending on the season.

First two seasons, Pirlo and Vidal were clearly the best two of that bunch. Then Pirlo started showing signs of decline and you had a more refined Pogba. Vidal's last season with us wasn't as great either. I would place Pogba above him that season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Vidal and Pirlo were both clear levels better than Pogba in 12/13 and 13/14. And even Vidal 14/15 > Pogba 14/15 and it was not really close. Marchisio’s form too > Pogba that year.

Pogba’s best period for us was the last 6 months of 15-16. He was absolutely immense for us and looked to be staking a claim to one of the top couple CMs in football, but then forced a move to ManU and threw away his career like a complete dumbass. :lol2:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Vidal and Pirlo were both clear levels better than Pogba in 12/13 and 13/14. And even Vidal 14/15 > Pogba 14/15 and it was not really close. Marchisio’s form too > Pogba that year.

Pogba’s best period for us was the last 6 months of 15-16. He was absolutely immense for us and looked to be staking a claim to one of the top couple CMs in football, but then forced a move to ManU and threw away his career like a complete dumbass. :lol2:
The first half of 2013-2014 he had incredible growth in such a small time frame. He topped it with that volley against Napoli after flicking it to himself. I don't remember a Juve player having such phenomenal growth

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Youre right about 12/13 but Labile smalled down the gap in 13/14 and was better than the 2 in 14/15. Apart from a few months at the start of 15/16, he had a brilliant 3 year period here

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Youre right about 12/13 but Labile smalled down the gap in 13/14 and was better than the 2 in 14/15. Apart from a few months at the start of 15/16, he had a brilliant 3 year period here
definitely not imo in 14/15. Vidal and Marchisio were easily our best mids in CL knockouts and down the stretch run in Serie A.

- - - Updated - - -

The first half of 2013-2014 he had incredible growth in such a small time frame. He topped it with that volley against Napoli after flicking it to himself. I don't remember a Juve player having such phenomenal growth
I’m not arguing he was bad. He was fantastic for us for 3 years. But our other world class CMs were better. That’s all. No shame in that. He was beyond brilliant in the last 6 months of 15-16 though

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I believe they switched places depending on the season.

First two seasons, Pirlo and Vidal were clearly the best two of that bunch. Then Pirlo started showing signs of decline and you had a more refined Pogba. Vidal's last season with us wasn't as great either. I would place Pogba above him that season.
Let's break it down to stretches of minutes played maybe then we can include padoin too in the convo. what we are talking about here is body of work and impact, this is like saying polak is better than buffon because buffon is not so good this season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let's break it down to stretches of minutes played maybe then we can include padoin too in the convo. what we are talking about here is body of work and impact, this is like saying polak is better than buffon because buffon is not so good this season.
:tup:
This. Vidal and Pirlo were arguably the best pair of CMs in football from 2011-12 to 2013-14 and leaders of this team and the style we played and won with. And Vidal was our best CM in CL knockouts on the way to 14-15 final (Marchisio second best, Pogba missed most of the knockouts, most of Dortmund crushing, both Monaco matches, and the win against Madrid).

Pogba wasn’t even close before 15-16. And then he behaved like a twat when he left. I’ll cheer for him to succeed if we buy him again, but I’m just as happy laughing at him clowning around for ManU.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
definitely not imo in 14/15. Vidal and Marchisio were easily our best mids in CL knockouts and down the stretch run in Serie A.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not arguing he was bad. He was fantastic for us for 3 years. But our other world class CMs were better. That’s all. No shame in that. He was beyond brilliant in the last 6 months of 15-16 though
Marchisio was our best mid in 14-15, but Pogba was 2nd. Vidal wasnt the same after injury and Pogba only kept getting better (until the injury vs Dortmund slowed him down). To me Pirlo was ahead of Vidal even

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Marchisio was our best mid in 14-15, but Pogba was 2nd. Vidal wasnt the same after injury and Pogba only kept getting better (until the injury vs Dortmund slowed him down). To me Pirlo was ahead of Vidal even
Agree with that generally, I don’t remember Vidal being exceptionally good in the 14/15 season

IMO he was never the same player after the knee injury he suffered towards the end of the 13/14 season. Still very, very good, but he lost something imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Whereas from 2011 til 2014, he was the best CM in the world imo.
He had a poor start to 14-15, very poor even, but by the time CL knockouts came around, he was our best CM in those games imo. Was back to averaging over 4 tackles/game, a couple interceptions, clearances, and blocks, a couple key passes, etc. Of our mids Him and Marchisio were the ones who most pushed us to the final that year. Pogba missed 65 minutes of Dortmund 3-0 match, all of Monaco ties, and our win against Madrid. Hardly featured in our most impressive CL ko performances that year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)