Paul Pogba (56 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm talking about his last year with us. Where he was shown to be the new leader of the team.
Pogba a leader? Hes talented, game changer, charismatic but he aint leader. When it gets tough, Pogba isnt your guy to go to. Remember first part of 2015/16 and how horrific we looked. Dybala was scoring consistently and few others had stepped but Pogba was extremely frustrating to watch. One game after another of useless moves, showboating without any kind of end product. He picked up his game once entire team started to look better but those first few months were an eye opener. WC player definitely, but not in the mould of prime Vidal or Pirlo. Leaders.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 22, 2016
Pogba a leader? Hes talented, game changer, charismatic but he aint leader. When it gets tough, Pogba isnt your guy to go to. Remember first part of 2015/16 and how horrific we looked. Dybala was scoring consistently and few others had stepped but Pogba was extremely frustrating to watch. One game after another of useless moves, showboating without any kind of end product. He picked up his game once entire team started to look better but those first few months were an eye opener. WC player definitely, but not in the mould of prime Vidal or Pirlo. Leaders.
I never said Pogba is a leader.
I said he was chosen to be the leader that season but couldn't handle until Dyabla became a starter and took half the responsibility

Apr 19, 2007
Gigi, Chiello, Claudio, Bonucci, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Khedira and Evra.

But you are right we still have some leaders in the team.
I agree we had them. No doubt about that. I think we still do.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we have to much experience and thoughts and not enough grit and energy. Part of that could be Max but I want someone willing to risk a bit

Apr 19, 2007
Pogba and “grit and energy” are not things you put in the same sentence. :lol3:
Y
I agree but he does give that energy in form of a spark. Matuidi might run a ton but as far as energy to a mmidfield not so much. Pogba when hes comfortable does give that energy that lifts the mid out of slow tempo and gets the team moving

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Y

I agree but he does give that energy in form of a spark. Matuidi might run a ton but as far as energy to a mmidfield not so much. Pogba when hes comfortable does give that energy that lifts the mid out of slow tempo and gets the team moving
I can see giving energy that a top player gives to a team through skill alone and playing with a guy with a ton of talent... but the dude is slow as heck on the ball and is constantly slowing the pace of the game.

If he’s not the one dictating the play, as in he’s not playing a CAM or deep lying playmaker role, this is alright. As a mezzala, he’d be great if we had someone else pushing the tempo and he was just a part of the team (ie. old Juve and France), but put him in a team as the best mid and have him control the build-up play through midfield and we’ll see a terribly frustrating player dawdling on the ball and a team play slow as feck like United.

Apr 19, 2007
I can see giving energy that a top player gives to a team through skill alone and playing with a guy with a ton of talent... but the dude is slow as heck on the ball and is constantly slowing the pace of the game.

If he’s not the one dictating the play, as in he’s not playing a CAM or deep lying playmaker role, this is alright. As a mezzala, he’d be great if we had someone else pushing the tempo and he was just a part of the team (ie. old Juve and France), but put him in a team as the best mid and have him control the build-up play through midfield and we’ll see a terribly frustrating player dawdling on the ball and a team play slow as feck like United.
Could be an issue I agree. BUT if the coach cant force Paul to play Ronaldo the ball quicker I would hope Ronaldo surely would

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:yuck: :inter:

Fuck no. Thanks. No more retiring geezers.
:D

But seriously, if Pep is the coach your attack is good, even if you dont replace Dybala with anyone one for one. He doesent use targetmen, so Mandzu gone. Ronaldo/Kean is your striker with 2 wings (Costa, Berna, Cuads, Chiesa?, Zaniolo?, Felix?) and 3 technical mids behind them. This still leaves no place for Dybala, who id sacrifice for Pogba regardless of coach (wont happen sadly, their transfer values are far apart), so even though hes a player that would suit Peps tactics in theory, he has no place in the starting XI considering it would be 4-5-Ronaldo. Now someone like Sarri would use 3 strikers so Dybala would play alongside CR and another forward, but hopefully we stay away. Imo, whoever the coach is, Dybala is either gonna be missused or benched, since the real problem imo is his incompatibility as a score 1st SS/false9 with Ronaldo

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
:D

But seriously, if Pep is the coach your attack is good, even if you dont replace Dybala with anyone one for one. He doesent use targetmen, so Mandzu gone. Ronaldo/Kean is your striker with 2 wings (Costa, Berna, Cuads, Chiesa?, Zaniolo?, Felix?) and 3 technical mids behind them. This still leaves no place for Dybala, who id sacrifice for Pogba regardless of coach (wont happen sadly, their transfer values are far apart), so even though hes a player that would suit Peps tactics in theory, he has no place in the starting XI considering it would be 4-5-Ronaldo. Now someone like Sarri would use 3 strikers so Dybala would play alongside CR and another forward, but hopefully we stay away. Imo, whoever the coach is, Dybala is either gonna be missused or benched, since the real problem imo is his incompatibility as a score 1st SS/false9 with Ronaldo
When Guardiola was Barca manager, he played Messi as false 9 alongside Villa. When Pep managed Bayern, he played Muller and Lewandowski together, with Robbery on the wings. I don’t see why he can’t play Ronaldo and Dybala together.

You keep saying that Ronaldo is not an ideal winger for Guardiola, yet Pep plays Sterling in a very similar role to how Ronaldo has played since 2013. Sterling is not a traditional winger, he’s an inside forward.

Anyway, I think that Pep would like Dybala, he liked Villa and Aguero after all. I think we will see something like this:

Ronaldo - Dybala - Costa
Isco - Pjanic - Ramsey​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 40)