Paul Pogba (83 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Anyone who believes Pogba would blossom here does have history on their side though. We even have the same coach who he did well under. Imagine making a big money signing and you already know that the signing has done well in your shirt before. That's a big piece of information you have to consider.

I could go on about Man U and Mourinho and how they are the exact opposite of what he needs or anyone with talent needs but the above point is already strong enough IMO.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Anyone who believes Pogba would blossom here does have history on their side though. We even have the same coach who he did well under. Imagine making a big money signing and you already know that the signing has done well in your shirt before. That's a big piece of information you have to consider.

I could go on about Man U and Mourinho and how they are the exact opposite of what he needs or anyone with talent needs but the above point is already strong enough IMO.
You're right. But I'm concerned about him being a manbaby and not cleaning his game from all the rubbish sometimes he pulls. He's not the brightest player and he isn't maturing while he's living some important years being near his prime.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You're right. But I'm concerned about him being a manbaby and not cleaning his game from all the rubbish sometimes he pulls. He's not the brightest player and he isn't maturing while he's living some important years being near his prime.
I would say on the scale of Chiellini (Complete Professional) to Balotelli (Brain Damaged), he's probably only at a 5 or 6. I think his personality is manageable, is what I'm saying. I don't really put a whole lot of stock in his World Cup win but it showed it is possible for him to be in a team like that. And he was in a great team with us as well, so he can fit into a serious side.

What I see mostly from him at Man U is that he's choosing between passing 5 metres sideways to a terrible teammate or look, look, look, dribble, dribble, lose the ball.

I don't see a lot of instances where there is an obvious situation for success and he does something dumb or selfish. But it seems like he's trying to win the golden ball from his own half. I think if Man U played with more possession in dangerous areas, and Pogba knew he was guaranteed to get those opportunities, he would happily pass 5 metres sideways and get on with it. I think he did that here.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What happens when you keep a player against his will. :beppe:

Drama llama already in summer right after WC. Utd thought they could force him to stay another year and make him perform.

Neither Mou nor Pogba is wrong here. Both have the right to be frustrated.

Mou sucking the life out of that team and not knowing Pogba's ideal role don't help either. Sanchez has been even worse. Pogba at least plays well sometimes for them.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Really what has happened with Paul? he is not like this in France squad nor he was so careless when he played for us. It seems like they expect him to be the brain of the team and he should create everything - or maybe he feels he should play like this in Manu, no idea.

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
I think we urgently need to resell him to Juve, if they offer us the same money as minimum offer.

Confidence have been broken between him and the fans, lot's of things happened, like his "famous" post match comments .

Both fans and Pogba are tired with each other, like a broken marriage. I think divorce will be good for both parts.
Oh how things have changed since summer of 2016. They seriously thought that signing was their return to glory :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)