Paul Pogba (55 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Who are the 4 best Manchester United Players of this season?
1-ibrahimovich
2-mata
3-rashford
4-mikhtarian
He isn't even best man utd player.
Don't exaggerate.

Sure Pogba has been nowhere near his Juve form, or his price tag. But even an off form Pogba has been one of United's best players(which I know isn't saying much this season, but still). I'd say only Herrera and Zlatan were better this season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Don't exaggerate.

Sure Pogba has been nowhere near his Juve form, or his price tag. But even an off form Pogba has been one of United's best players(which I know isn't saying much this season, but still). I'd say only Herrera and Zlatan were better this season.
Herrera has been outstanding for them, he must be worth 100 million atleast.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They are saying he is one of the best cm in the world...
And thats an outrageous statement now? We sold him for 105m less then a year ago after he was great for us for most part of 4 seasons, ofcourse he is one of the best CMs in the world, football isnt decided by last season alone. Flawed and rigid tactically (as in needs a tactically tailor suit set up for him), but on abilities on alone immensely complete CM. For his sake it would be better if he had another coach other then Mourinho, you shouldnt need to coddle and fit in a player that costs that much, but basically any sound tactical coach would easily find a way to use Pogba the way Juve used him, and not this obsolete dinasour that is Mourinho, who will miss CL spot next season too IMO.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
As much as i would like him to choke...i think it should be pretty clear to us that the moment he fixes his head and his priorities (focus more on his football, less on hype and media)...he will be a top player. he has the talent and we all know that.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
And thats an outrageous statement now? We sold him for 105m less then a year ago after he was great for us for most part of 4 seasons, ofcourse he is one of the best CMs in the world, football isnt decided by last season alone. Flawed and rigid tactically (as in needs a tactically tailor suit set up for him), but on abilities on alone immensely complete CM. For his sake it would be better if he had another coach other then Mourinho, you shouldnt need to coddle and fit in a player that costs that much, but basically any sound tactical coach would easily find a way to use Pogba the way Juve used him, and not this obsolete dinasour that is Mourinho, who will miss CL spot next season too IMO.
You have a point Osman but not only he didn't perform for United but he failed France as well. I'm not sure a player can be considered one of the best CMs in the world if he could perform only in one club failing in other places. Having a potential to become one is a different matter obviously.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You have a point Osman but not only he didn't perform for United but he failed France as well. I'm not sure a player can be considered one of the best CMs in the world if he could perform only in one club failing in other places. Having a potential to become one is a different matter obviously.
He isnt surefire to be the greatest/best midfielder in his generation with this limited range in how he works as he was said to be, and we hyped him to be like the rest of the football world. But he has the ability to enough to be amongst best CMs for sure and is still just 23. But yeah even if Pogba is kinda dumb player (tactically) its in the coaches job description to use your assets the best way to get most out of them, he failed in France mentally and tactically but you shouldnt play a box to box mid who is essentially high end luxury player as holding DM. Neither should they do that in Man U (or as AM who runs into the box to head most of the time LOL, its hilarious to see how clueless this approach is...). Yeah how to best use him is narrow, but it also what you should do to have him be great for you. Pogba isnt tactically smart player or all that flexible, realize that and use him as he should be used and you will have one of the best around with ease who can do everything from winning back, starting attacks, holding up play, physically bullying opponets etc, as we found out. Yeah are a great team to just fit in him like that to get best out of him, but seriously doesnt take much to use him in the way to get best out of him.

Yeah massively overpaid for what he offers right now, but thats thankfully so for us. But other then that, if you buy someone, regardless of price, you should have a way to use them, especially for high end skill player like Pogba, otherwise you are just a bland pedestrian coach. Which both current Mourinho and Deschamps is for me. And naturally also his own fault for not realizing his limitations and going to somewhere thats not ideal for him.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
He isnt surefire to be the greatest/best midfielder in his generation with this limited range in how he works as he was said to be, and we hyped him to be like the rest of the football world. But he has the ability to enough to be amongst best CMs for sure and is still just 23. But yeah even if Pogba is kinda dumb player (tactically) its in the coaches job description to use your assets the best way to get most out of them, he failed in France mentally and tactically but you shouldnt play a box to box mid who is essentially high end luxury player as holding DM. Neither should they do that in Man U (or as AM who runs into the box to head most of the time LOL, its hilarious to see how clueless this approach is...). Yeah how to best use him is narrow, but it also what you should do to have him be great for you. Pogba isnt tactically smart player or all that flexible, realize that and use him as he should be used and you will have one of the best around with ease who can do everything from winning back, starting attacks, holding up play, physically bullying opponets etc, as we found out. Yeah are a great team to just fit in him like that to get best out of him, but seriously doesnt take much to use him in the way to get best out of him.

Yeah massively overpaid for what he offers right now, but thats thankfully so for us. But other then that, if you buy someone, regardless of price, you should have a way to use them, especially for high end skill player like Pogba, otherwise you are just a bland pedestrian coach. Which both current Mourinho and Deschamps is for me. And naturally also his own fault for not realizing his limitations and going to somewhere thats not ideal for him.
His problem is that when you cost over 100mln, people expect you to perform in any midfield role. Juventus did try him in regista role, I remember we also discussed that he should play AMF for us because of his attacking talent. I think we were also overestimating him when he was here.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We were, but also realized quickly he cant play regista, and AM was only Zach I think harping on, Pogba is a text book box to box mid who needs tends of freedom to maneuver space as he wishes. Litterally is a physical dynamo who should not be put in static roles as those suggested.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
As much as i would like him to choke...i think it should be pretty clear to us that the moment he fixes his head and his priorities (focus more on his football, less on hype and media)...he will be a top player. he has the talent and we all know that.
He should go to PSG, United and Engrand isnt for him

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Herrera has been outstanding for them, he must be worth 100 million atleast.
:D

- - - Updated - - -

He should go to PSG, United and Engrand isnt for him
I disagree, unfortunately(even though I like him) I think he will light up the league sooner or later.
Sorry, but glimps of a great player against mickey mouse teams doesn't mean jack shit. Pogba has been nowhere near a world class player this season.
He hasn't been anywhere near a world class player that is true. They paid 105M for a world class player and that isn't what they got this season.

Now that we have that out of the way, many here exaggerate and say things like he wasn't one of United's best players. That's not true, he was. It might not mean much being on the same level as the Herrera's of this world, as he should be much better than that. But saying Mata and Mikhtiryan were better for example is just exaggerating.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Don't exaggerate.

Close, but not quite.

Bailly was arguably their best player this season. He's the main reason (alongside Mourinho's negative tactics) they were so good defensively.

Zlatan, Herrera and Bailly are 1-2-3. Pogba is a clear 4th best though. But at the same time, he's also one of the main reasons United are massively underperforming this year (again alongside Mourinho's inane tactics).

Pogba's been given a lot more freedom than Osman and Zizi have been suggesting imo. He's basically had carte blanche to do what he wants on the field for the entire last half of the season. When I watch them play he spends half the match up near the opponents box joining in attacks, and trying to "pull the strings". He's created quite a decent number of chances, though many are half-chances, and he's also killed off an insane number of attacks by inviting too much pressure and trying to dribble too many players, being dispossessed eventually. He also is worst shooter in football (of players taking 3+ shots per game). 8 goals from 175 attempts at goal speaks volumes about how ineffective he is shooting, and how much of a problem that is for that team when you have a player wasting that many attempts on goal which basically lead to a turnover in possession.

His other problem is that he's quite a lazy player when his team loses possession while he's up field and rarely puts effort in to get back and help break up counters leaving United's defense under pressure. It's not been such a big deal against the minnows, but it has been one of the reasons United has picked up the least points against other top 6 teams of all the top 6 teams.

Anyways. He needs better coaching. He needs to be told to simplify things at times, when going for the spectacular is obvious to fail. He isn't Messi, don't be trying to dribble 4+ players. He doesn't have an accurate shot (his "Pogbooms" all but disappeared in his last year at Juve too), so don't be taking 3+ potshots from outside the box every match. And be more aware of the pressure it puts your defense under when you lose possession and don't hustle back.

He's quite obviously going to be one of the best CMs in the world. Top 10 for sure. But what's looking less sure is whether he will be the best CM in football, which looked like an obvious eventuality by the end of last season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Close, but not quite.

Bailly was arguably their best player this season. He's the main reason (alongside Mourinho's negative tactics) they were so good defensively.

Zlatan, Herrera and Bailly are 1-2-3. Pogba is a clear 4th best though. But at the same time, he's also one of the main reasons United are massively underperforming this year (again alongside Mourinho's inane tactics).

Pogba's been given a lot more freedom than Osman and Zizi have been suggesting imo. He's basically had carte blanche to do what he wants on the field for the entire last half of the season. When I watch them play he spends half the match up near the opponents box joining in attacks, and trying to "pull the strings". He's created quite a decent number of chances, though many are half-chances, and he's also killed off an insane number of attacks by inviting too much pressure and trying to dribble too many players, being dispossessed eventually. He also is worst shooter in football (of players taking 3+ shots per game). 8 goals from 175 attempts at goal speaks volumes about how ineffective he is shooting, and how much of a problem that is for that team when you have a player wasting that many attempts on goal which basically lead to a turnover in possession.

His other problem is that he's quite a lazy player when his team loses possession while he's up field and rarely puts effort in to get back and help break up counters leaving United's defense under pressure. It's not been such a big deal against the minnows, but it has been one of the reasons United has picked up the least points against other top 6 teams of all the top 6 teams.

Anyways. He needs better coaching. He needs to be told to simplify things at times, when going for the spectacular is obvious to fail. He isn't Messi, don't be trying to dribble 4+ players. He doesn't have an accurate shot (his "Pogbooms" all but disappeared in his last year at Juve too), so don't be taking 3+ potshots from outside the box every match. And be more aware of the pressure it puts your defense under when you lose possession and don't hustle back.

He's quite obviously going to be one of the best CMs in the world. Top 10 for sure. But what's looking less sure is whether he will be the best CM in football, which looked like an obvious eventuality by the end of last season.
All of this is true

And i would hold my money in betting at him getting one of the bests...even top 10...
His mentality is flawed because of all you mentioned....if he doesnt fix that in the next 2 seasons... he can turn into the biggest flop of football. he has all the talent but he can fuck it all up if he doesnt receive coaching help

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, unfortunately(even though I like him) I think he will light up the league sooner or later.

He hasn't been anywhere near a world class player that is true. They paid 105M for a world class player and that isn't what they got this season.

Now that we have that out of the way, many here exaggerate and say things like he wasn't one of United's best players. That's not true, he was. It might not mean much being on the same level as the Herrera's of this world, as he should be much better than that. But saying Mata and Mikhtiryan were better for example is just exaggerating.
Yeah he'll be better next year imo

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

i made a post when he 1st joined United saying he shouldnt be judged on his 1st season (or 1st few months cant remember) at United because of a couple of factors. 1st was he was coming from an international tournament where he played the final, so his offseason started much later than the rest of the players. then he joined them without any preseason, he arrived and they went straight to playing the Community Shield, so it was obvious he will struggle with form. then there is the fact that he was leaving a team as perfectly gelled as Juve in a league he mastered already to a new league with a totally different playing style, to a different (shitty) team, a new formation etc. his 1st season was subpar, compared to what hes capable off he looked like some isco out there for United. next season is what he should be judged on. he will have the full summer to prepare, hes been with the team for a year already, is familiar by now with the league, his teammates, his different role compared to Juve, so there cant be any more excuses if he fails.

but all that doesent change what i think, imo French league and PSG and their playing style and formation would suit him much better compared to England

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)