Paul Pogba (49 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What if the board were more than happy to sell him?
We sold two of the best midfielders in the world and get short changed on both. Poor precedent if there is truth this rumour. The plus valenza is important but it should not be short sighted. We have almost accounted for zero opportunity cost if this figure is true. Effectively selling a future top 3 superstar where we could've milked this deal further coz we had three more years of his contract to play with. It's a clear selling club type of strategy. And what makes matters worse, we could have effectively paid more for 29 year old Higuain than we made on Pogba. Just sad.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Everyone does with Raiola, people are learning this now? Agents and their players rule everything.

It's cost Man Utd a shitload of money for this very reason.
Raiola can tell us he wants 20 pct of whatever we make, but he can't tell us what price to slap on it. He can be an intermediary, but us accepting this fee is completely our choice. And we are wrong here.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Raiola doesn't decide how much we value him at. At the end, it's the club who decides what fee they are willing to accept.
He doesn't, but he moves players on virtually as and when he wants.

- - - Updated - - -

Raiola can tell us he wants 20 pct of whatever we make, but he can't tell us what price to slap on it. He can be an intermediary, but us accepting this fee is completely our choice. And we are wrong here.
So we raise the fee, United say no, and Raiola says "the move is happening".

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
GDS

This week, Paul Pogba became the world’s most expensive player after he finalised his €105 million move from Juventus to Manchester United.

Along with the €105m fee, there are €5m in bonuses that United will have to pay based on future success.

Juventus will not receive the total fee, however, as Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola receives a huge fee for finalising the deal, believed to be €25m. In fact, it was Raiola’s fee that was reportedly holding up the deal.

A further €5m will go towards purchasing a house for Pogba, and then €2m will be split between three of the Frenchman’s first clubs, Le Harve, Torcy and Roissy-en-Brie.

As a result, the total figure that Juventus are left with is €73m, which could rise to €78m. Considering they bought Pogba for around €1m in 2012, they have made an outrageous profit on the 23-year-old.

In his last season in Turin, Pogba scored eight goals and assisted a further 12 in 35 Serie A appearances as Juventus secured their fifth consecutive league title

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????!!!!???????!!!!????

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I really hope nothing of this true but I guess we have to wait and see what Juventus have to say about this, their continuous silence is disturbing to say the least.
Buffon unfollowed Pogba on Instagram and Claudio / Bonucci have yet to address this

Quite telling from the pillars of our club
:tup:

Deserved for being a fake bitch.

Everyone does with Raiola, people are learning this now? Agents and their players rule everything.

It's cost Man Utd a $#@!load of money for this very reason.
I think we should have never let Raiola enforce that stupid fee when we signed Pogba. We underestimated it and got fued hard.

All in all, i just want this saga to be forgotten in time and move on. This fukin nigga is disgusting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not how it works. I'll post here what I posted in the Marotta thread:

I found the information on Vidal in the annual report.
Price: 37m
Price present value: 36.217m
Net book value: 4.349m
Solidarity crap: 0.882m
Net positive effect : 31m.

Also, Pogba's book value was 4.3m at the beginning of the season.
Since I don't see any taxes being mentioned here, and the solidarity fee should be around 2.5% in this case, it appears we paid Raiola ~25m out of the 105 we received.

I read that we are going to be paid in 3 installments, so the net present value of the deal will be less than 105, probably around 100m. Take out 2.65m solidarity fee and around 3 to 3.2m residual book value, it looks like we paid Raiola around 20m.

Apparently this is how this goes. Although I'd like to see the end-year financials reported on this transfer.

I would have assumed they calculated corporate tax allowances used to get net positive on the transfer but apparently not. I'm curious now as to how this is written out in the books.

Why is their no information on Agent fees for any other transfer? All transfers have a 5-10% agent commission... Raiola's, in this case, was just much bigger, if the media is to be believed. There is no listing of agent fees on Vidal or any other transfer we made last summer.

Unless Raiola actually owned a percentage of Pogba's rights.... and that is what the 20-25M is.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Apparently this is how this goes. Although I'd like to see the end-year financials reported on this transfer.

I would have assumed they calculated corporate tax allowances used to get net positive on the transfer but apparently not. I'm curious now as to how this is written out in the books.

Why is their no information on Agent fees for any other transfer? All transfers have a 5-10% agent commission... Raiola's, in this case, was just much bigger, if the media is to be believed. There is no listing of agent fees on Vidal or any other transfer we made last summer.

Unless Raiola actually owned a percentage of Pogba's rights.... and that is what the 20-25M is.
Good questions. IDK

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
JCK said:
View Post
So in the end we paid more for Higuain than we got for Pogba?
let s hope not.
that is how it always is when tax are paid. the ones buying something will always pay more then the seller gets in the end.

if i sell a car for 100k as a car shop owner the customer pays 100k but i only get 80k because the tax is paid by me. so in that sense a player purchase for money is always worth than including players, because the amount of money to tax is lower if you include players + fee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)